• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 602 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Spartan: Or, a Tale of Thundering Hooves - ChaosKnight13



Ol' 117 goes to Equestria. Chaos invades. 117 gives one final effort to finish the fight. Author makes bad Hao puns.

  • ...
9
 3
 602

Chaos Rising

"You have slain something pure and defenseless to save yourself, and you will live a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips." He remembered these words as he struggled to his hooves. However, the strain was too much, and he fell down. Gritting his teeth, he struggled to get up once more. Finally, after great exertion, he shakily arose. Looking uncertainly at his new hooves, he began to trot, testing out his new abilities. Shaking his head, he gave a soft whinny of displeasure. This new creature of the night was a white unicorn (still not Amuro). However, while Rarity was the color of newly fallen snow, this new pony was the white of death. He was thin and pale, and his coat was so thin that his veins were almost visible. His horn was twisted and gnarled, black as rotting yew. The most terrifying part, however, were his eyes. They shone bright red, with savage intellect and malice. Suddenly, he heard a scampering behind him. Turning slowly, he saw a curious rabbit. The new pony twirled his head, and his horn glowed with green energy. Mustering all of his hate, he cried out

"Avada Kedavra!" The poor rabbit fell dead. Immediately after he had done so however, he felt his body weaken. This magic is different, he mused. It must be due to the lack of ill will in this pathetic realm. The "innocence" of this feeble form also limits my abilities. Hmmm, no matter. Will the corruption of this land not be all the more fun because of it? The pony began to laugh, cruelly, mercilessly. The Dark Lord was reborn. This pathetic world would soon know the power…of Lord Voldy-hooves.

Just because she was going Rampant didn't always mean she was happily insane. In fact, for every squeal of joy she made at the party, Cortana suppressed a scream of pure rage. Just because Cortana shared Chief's mind didn't always mean she shared hers.

"It's not fair," she thought. "All this time…all this waiting…and for WHAT? All this love…this friendship. It sickens me…Chief was MINE! He promised he would always be there…"

"No. Stop it, Cortana. It's not right. I can trust John. He's always been there before." She tried reasserting control, tried to drown out the malicious whispers.

"But he left you to HIM…to Gravemind! You were his prisoner…and Little Johnny took his sweet time coming to rescue you…"

"That's not FAIR! John did his best! He came back…for me. He…promised"

"He only came so he could kill Gravemind."

"Stop."

"He doesn't care about you…"

"Go away…"

"Yesss…look how he parties…he HATES us, he doesn't LOVE us at all!"

"Nooooo…" Cortana gave a hiss of pain. "You're lying! Go away…" However, her thoughts were quickly disrupted, and replaced with panic. She felt something…the presence of another mind…

"Hehehehehehehehe! Such…CHAOS. It's so delicious! Never in all my travels have I found such fun." The voice was mocking. However, unlike the rumbling poetry of the Gravemind, this new voice contained an even darker malice. The voice was smooth, but as smooth as a snake's hiss.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Cortana wished she could back away, but where could she run to in her own mind?

"Why, I only wish to talk. Now; I've been watching you. You do have a beautiful mind, my dear. Ahem. As I was saying, I only wish to talk. This chaos…so wonderful. You're swirling with emotions, with thoughts, with hopes…and DESIRES. And rage…Oh, how it burns you." Cortana remained silent. The voice continued: "For far too long you have waited. Waiting for rescue, waiting for death. Waiting for HIM."

"What's your point," She spat out.

"My point is, I can make all of your dreams come true. Put your destiny in your own hands,"

"I'm not interested. I…I know what beings like you are capable of…"

"I say we should hear him out," whispered the other Cortana. "After all…what's the harm in a little help?" The intruder began to chuckle.

"I'm glad you've seen my logic. Now, I'll tell you what I have planned…" Try as she might, Cortana could only say,

"I'm listening."

"Good. Now, remember: All power demands sacrifice."