• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 564 Views, 20 Comments

The Pegasearch - The Dashie



Dash has gotten a letter from Celestia, telling him that he needs to come back in order to draw out Scootaloo.

  • ...
9
 20
 564

4. The Plan

When Discord finally chose to put me back in my cage, all I wanted to do was just curl into a little ball, and hope that even coming to Equestria was a bad dream and that everything that has happened with Discord and Scootaloo and the Mane 6 was all just a dream and that I was still going to school and being picked on by Lance and all the other brony-haters, and that everything was normal.

Rainbow Dash was the first one to try and comfort me by saying, “Are you alright, Dash? We heard you screaming about how you didn’t want us to die and named us by name that you didn’t want us to die and you said, ‘No, not Rainbow Dash’. What happened to where you would say you didn’t want us to die?” I didn’t respond for obvious reasons. Well, maybe not obvious, but implied: I was still in shock of what I had seen in the visions I had seen while being drained of my spectra. I felt absolutely drained of any feeling. I felt no joy, fear, anger, pride, or anything of the nature. I felt like a dried up husk that was just…there. I felt like nothing mattered and that everything was pointless. It wasn’t until I heard everyone trying to talk to me that I snapped out of the funk I was in as I started to feel my emotions crawl back into my thoughts and actions.

The question arised again, ‘What happened?’ from everybody.

I said, “Well, it’s kind of hard to explain from a secondary point of view, but I had visions of everyone dying while I was getting the spectra drawn out of me. Everyone died in their own ways, but you, Rainbow Dash, died in the most repulsive way possible; Discord took a spear, pierced you through the heart, and brought it in and out again and again and again. It was downright repulsive how he could do such a thing in a way that was presented to me. I couldn’t move or say anything to the hypnagogic representations of all of you, so I could only watch the horror as it unfolded. I had to see every last detail of the deaths of each and every one of you as well as my parents and Spike. I just hope that I won’t be permanently scarred for this. I’m fine, otherwise. Everybody can rest easy in terms of wondering if I’m ok. I’m not saying that we have reason to calm down completely, but everyone can know that I’m ok.”

That playful little voice of evil rang out in saying, “Well, that’s good because then we wouldn’t have a fun time together.”

“Scootaloo, why do you do this? Why keep them imprisoned? It’s me and Rainbow Dash you want. Let them go.”

“Oh sorry, Dashie, but I can’t do that. You see, if they got out, then we wouldn’t have a lot of weight to our little hostages plan, now would we? My dad knows that he wouldn’t kill you because he loves me too much to do so. Ya he kinda wants to kill you for getting the factory shut down and took away his workers, but hey, at least you’re not dead yet.”

I thought I could just scream when a thought came to my head. “Well, Scootaloo, why don’t we have fun? I’ve been stuck here for some time. Do you have any games you want to play?” I looked around to see everyone’s response and, as I had expected, everyone was gawking at me and giving me confused looks that said, “How could you want to have fun in a slaughterhouse?” but I simply looked back at Scootaloo.

She smiled the most innocent smile and said, “Oh I have tons of games to play let me go get them.” She left and when she was out of earshot, everyone at once started yelling at me.

Rainbow Dash started the train with, “What is wrong with your head, Dash? Did that vision you have mess your brain up that bad?”

Rarity added with, “I must agree to that. Have you gone absolutely insane? Scootaloo is gone. All that’s left is an evil alicorn who worships the… well, the devil.”

Jack just had to add “Well, maybe he’s just into crazy chicks now. Sorry about your loss Rainbow Dash.”

She laughed a little, but I told them all, “I have a plan to get Scootaloo on my side, but I need to make her happy. You’re going to have to do the same thing, Rainbow Dash. As long as she is happy with us being here and having fun with her and letting her win most of the time at the games she wants us to play, we just might be able to get out of here. We will have to go through Discord, but we’ve beaten him once, and we can beat him again if it is that he presents a problem for us.” After I had finished describing my plan to everybody, they all agreed to just laying low and letting me and Rainbow Dash doing what is was that we needed to do, which in this case was making Scootaloo happy with whatever it was that she wanted to do, no matter how childish or for that matter, barbaric.

She came back with a ton of stuff such as board games and what looked like a tic-tac-toe board. “Here are all my favorite games to play. I hope you like board games because any other game I like to play would require you to be out of the cage and ol’ man Discord won’t let me do that.”

I smiled when hearing "ol’ man Discord" because it showed that she had at least some form of mild resentment towards Discord, which meant that there was some room to squeeze in. I had a thought that could make things even better. “Hey Scootaloo, wouldn’t we have more fun if Rainbow Dash joined in our games?”

“Well it would, but I can’t let you guys out of your cages, remember?”

I already had planned for that answer, and responded with, “Well you could always use your magic to poof her in here.”

“Oh yeah! Why didn’t I think of that?” her horn lit up, but it didn’t give off a black aura anymore; instead it was a rainbow-like coloration, which I knew was another improvement because it showed that the hatred she felt for us was gone,or maybe even her hatred in general had dissipated. It was like she had gone back to being the Scootaloo we had grown to know and love. Rainbow Dash and I had finally broken the barrier between us and Scootaloo so that we may persuade her to hold us in her favor without directly asking so. We had played loads of games like Equestrian versions of Battleship, Sorry, Monopoly, and more. I was amazed how they had so many games just like ours it was astounding. I felt like a little kid again where my family got together on a certain night, I have forgotten which ones, it was so long ago that we did it, and we would play simple board games and have a fun time. Scootaloo seemed proud of herself when Rainbow Dash and I let her win the games. I felt like I was giving candy to a little kid, but in this situation the candy was time playing board games and the little kid was Scootaloo. We had gotten into a groove of everyday Scootaloo brought her games, we played games for a few hours or so, we all got lunch ,which was basically mush, we played for a few more hours, had supper, which, again, was mush, played till we couldn’t any more, and went to bed, and the next day the cycle repeated. It was a good cycle, but if Discord is around, order will eventually be disrupted, and in a bad way. Discord hates order, and I use hate loosely. He absolutely loathes it. Order in his eyes is like a cancer: It grows and ruins his whole thought pattern, so I would have to guess that seeing our little routine playtime was like a living torture to him. I would think the only reason he was even allowing this whole pattern of life to occur was to keep it to where Scootaloo still liked him. I’m sure he knew that her loyalty to him was lingering, which is why I didn’t have any surprise when he suddenly took me for the usually spectra harvesting. It had become routine. Every month on the 13th, Discord would take me to the same little table, he would get two knives to cut at my arms, there would be visions of all my friends dying in the most appalling way, I would fake being depressed so he wouldn’t worsen my visions, and I would be put back in my cage. This little cycle has happened three times, because I, along with all the others have been here for three months, but this time was different and I’m guessing he had come to the decision that he would mix it up this time.

Before I was put on the table, Discord pulled me to a place away from everyone, and started to talk real business to me. He started with, “Dash, I know what you are trying to do to Scootaloo. You are trying to turn her against me. Well, I’m going to tell you this once and only once, so listen carefully: You will not succeed. I have tainted the spectra with one of my spells, which will give me the ability to physically, internally, and mentally control her. If I see any resistance, I snuff it out in the quickest measure of time possible. The only reason I still keep you and everyone else alive is because the spell has the same effect as my former one: if the person or persons she cares about most are gone, the spell will no longer have effect. She is fully aware of it and will not try to fight it. In fact, as of now, she still thinks that you are trying to be nice to her and be her friends even though she was so mean to you. The reason I know this is because when it is time for bed, and I tuck her in, she tells me all about how nice you guys are and how she doesn’t want this whole cycle of you playing with her to change. It almost brings up my lunch how mushy it is. Well, now that you know about almost everything, let’s get on with the harvesting. Oh, and Dash, I know that you have been faking.” I tried my best to hide my surprise, but I failed miserably, because my face, as I could guess, showed total shock and I started sweating like a pig. “Oh, Dash. You know a lot about me, being a brony, and all, or at least I think that what they’re called. You know that I am the very essence of chaos, so you should know by now that if something is out of place or out of the ordinary, that I immediately know about it, and you, my good sir, glowed like a firework. Well, enough talk. It’s time for harvesting.” I knew what was to come just not what it would be exactly. I knew that Discord would provide me with dreadful series of visions to see and I knew they would be horrid, but as we went through the processes that we usually did and I went into that vision state, there was nothing. It was just black.

“Ha-ha. Is this all you got, Discord? Is this the best that the great god of chaos can do? You must have lost your touch, Discord. If this is the new kind of “torture”, then you must be getting old.” I laughed to myself and just reveled in the moment, but I soon stopped laughing because things began to change. I was back on earth, but it was different. The sky was a crystal blue, almost like a teal color, but that was further off. Above me it was a very dark grey, and it almost looked smoky, like the sky itself was made up of clouds. I looked around and I was on top of a hill, looking out I saw a bunch of houses that seemed very country like. They were just basic houses, but things weren’t that level-headed, because soon coming out of the houses were some the most grotesque things I’ve ever seen: Humans that are mutated to have a horn, wings, and splotches of pony parts. One had two human like arms and two pony like legs and one of the arms was a pony from the biceps up, so that leg bent backwards. The rest were similar in this manner, but as I looked closer, I saw that they were both my friends and the ponies they represented, as well as Rainbow Dash. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, and I tried to shut my eyes, but they just couldn’t. They wouldn’t. It was as if a magical force was holding them up and open, or it could have just been Discord wanting me to see every gruesome moment.

I eventually hear his voice whispering in my ear, “Oh Dash. Poor, poor Dash. It must hurt to see the ones you love and cherish to be in such a state of disarray. It must hurt to see those who you pal around with and laugh with be in such a state of pain, because I assure you Dash: They are in pain. Do you know why I show you this little vision? It is because it is a vision of what is to come. Soon, oh so very soon, this little world I’m showing you in this little dream world of yours will become the earth that you have existed on for the past eighteen years.

"How did he know I was eighteen? My birthday was a month ago and only my friends and Rainbow Dash know when my birthday is, and no one wished me happy birthday, so how could he have known?" That was my least agonizing thought. Discord had said that this new demented world was going to be what earth would be, meaning that, as far as I could guess, the humans would become pony/human hybrids. I was both confused and scared at the same time. I was scared because of the gruesome effect of what he was purposing, but confused by how he was going to accomplish such a feat. “Ok Discord, I understand your schemes. I see how you’re trying to create a ton of chaos by turning all humans, and I’m guessing ponies, into pony/human hybrids. I just have one question.” I put on a really big smirk. “Just how exactly are you gonna do all of this?” I thought I had finally trumped the king of master plans by making him like an innovator instead of someone who could carry out those innovations. I thought that finally, I had disrupted the mindset of the god of chaos, but, as usual, he had to go laugh up a storm to disprove any thoughts I was having in my head. He was really going into this laugh because I thought he would literally die laughing, but of course, he was a spirit, so he was already dead.

“Ha ha ha, oh Dash; you truly are something special. No wonder my daughter chose you of all the people she could see.” That’s where I got confused again. Scootaloo felt like she was his daughter, but when she wasn’t around, he would treat her like another pony, like she was insignificant in every aspect of the word.

“Discord, are you referring to Scootaloo?”

He looked so surprised at my remark, but then leveled out and said in a very sarcastic voice, “Yes, that’s who I’m talking about.” I knew now there was another spawn of Discord, which is basically just a spawn of Satan, but that’s not a very kind personification of the pony and/or draconequus. She might be a really nice…thing, but she got stuck with a really rotten father. “Anyways. Do you want to know how I am going to make this glorious chaos a reality? Well, my little homo sapien, you actually helped in its ability to become a reality. I had just thought of this when you first got here.”

“Me? How did I help in this grotesque vision of yours? You know as well as I do that I would never hurt my friends for any reason. I represent the element of loyalty, and I am loyal to my friends, so if you think I’m going to…”

“Oh blah blah blah, ‘I’m the element of loyalty’. Bleh, I don’t want to lose my lunch in a dream world, because believe me; it will stink like no one’s business. Oh, but there is one thing you must have forgotten. What have I been doing for three months on a certain time of the month? Something that involves you?”

“Well you’ve been cutting my arm open and…getting spectra. But what does that have to do with anything?”

“Oh, Dash. You aren’t piecing the parts together. Scootaloo said when it touched her lips, it felt like acid, and after she drank it for a while, she began to change, by becoming bigger, and growing a horn. Are you still not getting it? I’m going to mix the spectra of the ponies with the spectra you have unwillingly given, which I appreciate, and then shower it all over the earth, as well as Equestria, and it will mutate every pony and human into a freak of nature; at which time chaos will reign at last and forever."

Author's Note:

Here is the next chapter. Take heed to the bold as it will be impotant later on.