• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 811 Views, 13 Comments

Anomalous - Richu Yue



Aura Stars, the student of Princess Twilight Sparkle, has been given a mission to travel to the human world, and discover.

  • ...
3
 13
 811

Confusion - Chapter 4

The darkness slowly faded as she opened her eyes. A blue blanket of the sky was spread over to cover the darkness. Small little clouds were floating around. The sky was familiar to her eyes. In Canterlot, it isn’t as visible. But she was taken to a small town every once in a while. She heard and memorised the stories there, about her five guardians and her teacher. Ponyville... The sky reminds me of it… she thought herself as she would lie down on the green grass. Her fingers ran through the grass. It was moist, and made small green stains on her hands. Aura eyes widened with shock FINGERS? Where are my hooves! She brought her hands to her face and gasped. They were a tan colour, unlike her blue thin coat. She sat right up and began to explore her features. Is this how humans look like? She wondered staring at her hands. She then brought close to her eyes her hair. It was a very light brown colour with blonde highlights in it. Where’s my purple mane? Her hands scanned her head for her horn. Where’s my horn? She panicked in thought. Let’s try doing magic….. She moved her hands from her head and recited a few words under her breath and her hands glowed with silver light. She pointed it at a tree in the distance and it grew taller. So that’s how magic works here…
“Aura! Don’t do that again!” A shout came from behind her. She turned her head and saw a small human boy with spiky black hair and wore a blue garment with some jeans. He ran towards her and pulled her up. “Get inside!” He commanded her. How does he walk like that?! She stared at him, bewildered. “Come on! Get. Inside.”
“How?!” She bellowed as she tried to stand in the position the boy was in. He sighed and brought his hands to his face for a few moments. Why did Princess Twilight not teach her… He sobbed in his head.
“Like this.” He took a big step forward. “Take your right foot, put it in front of you, then take the other foot, and put it in front too.” He instructed her. She looked down, seeing two sneakers. Foot? Like these things? She guessed. She tried to do it, and did it perfectly. “Keep doing it till the door.” He instructed her and skipped to the door waiting for her. She sighed and walked very slowly to him, trying to keep her balance. Didn’t Harp Sweets walk like this in Canterlot? Everyone thought she was weird for that… She finally got to the door. “Now, try and open it.” He pointed toward the doorknob.
“Well that’s easy!” She squealed and wrapped her fingers around the shiny knob and pushed it down. She then pushed the door, expecting a portal of some kind, but all there was were some furniture and dull brown walls. The floor was tilted and a porcelain white. She frowned. They walked in. I think I’ve got the hang of this She thought to herself. Then a question popped into her mind. “Wait… Who are you!?!” She shouted as the boy closed the door behind them. He was shorter than her, by a lot. He looked at her with his blue eyes and laughed.
“I’m Scale. I guess you didn’t recognize me.” He told her with a smile. “Since I knew everything about being a dragon, walking on two legs, using fingers, and everything, I appear like a normal human… Don’t I?” He turned to her, waiting for an answer.
“I never saw a normal human.” She informed him, making him disappointed. She turned her head left and right looking for a mirror. There was a little gleam in the hallway. “Bingo.” She whispered and dashed off into the hallway. She found a full-length mirror and stood in front of it nervously. Her eyes widened with wonder and shock. She wore a blue tank top and short blue jeans. Her hair was long and not curly like her mane. Her eyes were still lilac. “Are purple eyes normal in the human world?” She inquired Scale, who was waiting for her reaction.
“Uh… Not sure. I’ve met a couple of them. But they have these really dull brown eyes.” He gagged. He was used to bright colours everywhere. He took dull colours as something abnormal. She sighed.
“I don’t get it. Why am I… Human?” She whispered staring at the mirror with confusion. She was like Scale. She was born to see bright-coloured manes and eyes. She wasn’t used to this.
“I think the portal does more than.. well… portal.” Scale tried to assume but it was too obvious. Scale stared at the mirror for a while and ran back to the main entrance. Aura kept staring at the mirror, curious.
“Right. I got this scroll from the Princess!” Scale exclaimed when he returned. Her face lit up when she heard ‘Princess’.
“Go on. Read it.” She smiled at him and he sighed looking towards the paper.
“My dearest Aura, you must remember that you are on a mission, not for enjoyment.” Aura rolled her eyes and lowered her body down to the same eyelevel as Scale. “Here are a list of things you must and mustn’t do. Number one, no magic. Two, socialize. Three, study them.”
“No magic?” She inquired him, and he sighed.
“From the humans I saw, they didn’t use magic. It even looked like they had no ability to fly or anything. They just do… nothing.” He explained and murmured something under his breath. Aura paced down the hallway.
“Study them? In full length detail?” She asked again and he gave a little nod. She walked towards a small room, seeing many books and scrolls.
“Oh and Aura.” She turned her head to face him. He was still next to the mirror in the hallway.
“Mhm?”
“Princess Twilight said something about socializing with your peers.” She looked at him confused and irritated.
“Peers?”
“At school.”

Author's Note:

Okay all. It's here. My friend wanted it to be called 'Confusion' because I had no idea what to name the chapter and she threw in confusion.
I hope you like it!
PS and yes, Harp Sweets is a descendant of Lyra Heartstrings.