• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 811 Views, 13 Comments

Anomalous - Richu Yue



Aura Stars, the student of Princess Twilight Sparkle, has been given a mission to travel to the human world, and discover.

  • ...
3
 13
 811

Stories and Spells - Chapter 2

Aura stared at her teacher, bewildered. "What do you mean, 'Go to the human world'?! It's not logically possible! There is no spell!" She shouted, and then suddenly, more than ten books flipped open and circled around her. Her saddle bag flipped open with scrolls and they floated to join the circle of books. "There is NO spell for this! How could I go to the human world?" She then took an encyclopaedia, which was in front of her eyes and read the line to the Princess. “It even says here! ‘There are no portals to the human world, which is a myth and was not proven to exist.' It might not even exist!" Twilight sighed and was almost about to speak, but Aura quickly interrupted her. "Why would you even send me there? I haven't done any research or anything! Is this a joke? Is it near Fool's day? But it's not even near spring. We're near the end of fall!" She ran to the nearest calendar and pointed to the date. "See?! Not even close to Fool's day! And secondly, this library has every book in the world! If there was a spell, it would be here, but it's not here!" She exclaimed, rampaging through books and scrolls.
"Aura."
"There isn't any information on the human world! There isn't a spell!"
"Aura."
"It's not in this library! There isn't a single spell or word on the human world! I can't fin it around he-"
"Aura Stars! That's because this library doesn't have everything!" Twilight finally raised her voice to quiet down the pony. "This library does not have everything. The scrolls with spells that could change our existence are in a different part of the library. But you can't see it...” Twilight explained. Aura looked at her with a confused gaze. She sighed. "Follow me." She commanded her. Aura then packed her saddles bags in a spark and started to follow her. They passed many rows of books and scrolls. Section W, Section X, Section Y... Section Z. She thought as they passed every shelf and section. This is the end of the library. I don't get it. There should be more but she keeps walking. Where is she going? There's just a wall with a blank picture framed on it. That's when she stopped. Right in front of the wall. It made no sense to Aura. "Here we are." She sighed and then turned to her student. "Remember that essay you did. The essay about the Crystal Empire?" Aura’s eyes lit up. Maybe I’m going to the Crystal Empire! She dug through her saddle bag and pulled out a thick scroll.
“This essay?” Aura held it up for the Princess to see. Twilight nodded.
“Read the part about King Sombra.” Aura quickly opened the scroll to follow her teacher’s instruction. A long sheet of paper ran across the space between then and the wall. She scanned the scroll as fast as she could to find the section on the evil King. Found it! she gleamed and took a deep breath in. “Slowly.”
“The era of an evil king, Sombra, began in the Empire. Sombra had a willing desire to use the crystal ponies as slaves and torment them with any punishment if they did not do so. He would use Dark Magic, a kind of magic which can be only used by higher level unicorn-“She read out in a clear voice, very slowly so her Princess could understand every word.
“Stop there.” Twilight commanded and interrupted. A silence grew in the room. “I know it may seem impossible my dear Aura. But you must try to use this magic, on that blank picture” She pointed towards the picture. “Then we can enter.”
“But I’m not a higher level-“
“You are a higher level unicorn. Give it a try.” Twilight smiled at her young student. Aura sighed deeply, and took position. She pointed her horn at the picture. A light silver aura appeared around her horn. Think dark, think black. Then suddenly, a flash on black took over her aura and shot directly at the picture. The picture turned into a door knob, and slid down to Aura’s reach. “Open it.” Aura put her hoof on the knob, pushing it down. A black hole appeared on the wall and Twilight winked. “See, you are higher level unicorn!” Twilight tilt her head in, signalling Aura to go first. Aura sighed, and stepped hoof-first into the hole. Here it goes…
She opened her eyes. She was in a small round room, there were many shelves and they were filled with scrolls. Every scroll had a spell, or many spells. All this information, hidden from other ponies. Aura stared at all the books and scrolls and the table in the middle. It had an open scroll on it. She walked over to it and sat on the cushion in front of the desk. She sighed and read the spell.
Another’s mistakes are erased.
All of their time vanquished.
Another world has been made,
The one to see beyond ban-
Aura turned to see the black hole opening. She ran to the other side of the room, pretending she hasn’t read a word. Twilight stepped out of the hole. Her mane was messy and something was missing. Her crown.
“Such a pain to go through these. Anyway, let’s get on to your mission.” Twiligt had a serious tone in her voice. She walked over to the table, scrolled up the scroll left on the table and pulled out a scroll from underneath the desk. She opened it up and looked at it for a couple minutes.
“My mission?”
“Yes, concerning your mission. Your assistant, Scale, is already there. You have to report every detail you learn from humans to me. Learn about them in a detailed study.” Twilight explained, handing over the scroll to Aura.
“Why do I have to report every detail?” She questioned her princess. Something wasn’t right. But what was it?
“You just must do it. You will find out later.” Twilight smiled and sighed. “Recite the spell on the scroll.” Aura looked at the scroll for a few moments and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath in and out.
“To see a path from one to a world,
Beyond your thoughts and every word.
A small light appears before you,
Take the choice if you wish.” Aura read out and a spark from her horn came out, to shape a big pink portal in the air. She took her saddle bags and bowed to Twilight. Instead of bowing back, Twilight hugged her tightly.
“Good luck.” She whispered. Aura smiled and looked at the portal. It’s now or never She walked in.

Author's Note:

You know how I said on Saturday I'd publish it? Haha in my dreams. 3 exams in a row guys. So Yay, I had it done in the time I had left.