• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 1,360 Views, 29 Comments

The Adventures Of Damien The Not So Average Guy - Flutterftw123



Damien Wilson. An average name, for an average guy, who lived an average life.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,360

Chapter 5

I must have been laying there in the darkness for an hour, just staring at the moon right outside the window by my bed. Okay so maybe it was more like twenty minutes, the point is I was bored, it was like two in the morning, and I was now really hungry. I hadn't had so much as a nibble since I got here. So with that in mind I got up from the bed and began my journey into the darkness in search of sustenance.

My eyes were well adjusted to the low light already and I could see pretty clearly considering the darkness. I attributed it to magic enhanced eyes. I quietly prowled the halls as I searched for a kitchen of some sort. I had left my shoes by the bed I woke up in so I wouldn't risk waking anyone who may be sleeping. At least that'd be the idea had I not been humming the mission impossible theme as I peeked around corners and rolled into cover behind a pillar.

'Alright, now if I was food where would I be?' I came across a set of double doors with a picture of a chefs hat with a knife and fork in a X formation.

'Nah, too obvious.' I was about to move on before I saw a light ahead of me.

Thinking quickly I ducked into the double doors and held them shut till I saw the light pass by beneath the door. I turned around and was met with (surprise, surprise!) the kitchen I had been looking for. I immediately found the fridge and almost ripped the door off its hinges. As the ever present light shone its way into the darkness, I had to shield my eyes so as not to be blinded. By the bright light, or the beauty of food, who knows?

In the fridge was a plethora of tasty looking treats. From fresh looking veggies, what looked like a bowl of chocolate pudding, and the most delicious looking cake I had ever seen. The frosting was a pure white with pink frosting lining the edges of the cake. It was perfectly round and had little flowers made of frosting along the top ridge. I snatched the little beauty up and found my self a knife in a drawer and sliced myself a nice big piece. It was a triple layer vanilla with strawberry and cream filling between the layers. Simple yet delicious. At first I was gonna get a fork, but ultimately gave up and ate it right off the plate, going so far as licking the plate clean. Strangely enough that one slice was enough to sate my appetite, I wasn't full, but I wasn't hungry anymore either.

My mission now complete I made my way back to the room I woke up in. I was sneaking through the halls, only this time the metal gear solid theme was what I hummed. I reached the room easily enough. I had the fore sight to wedge the door open with a chair I found so I know which room it was.

As I slid back into bed a thought crossed my mind. 'I'm bored.'

So in an attempt to kill my boredom I decided to listen to a bit of music. I took out my Iphone, some how it was still intact and had FULL battery! Damn thing was resilient, I'm gonna just assume it's magic and leave it at that, freaking thing could be a nokia in disguise.

I had trouble finding a song to my fancy, until I looked out the window at the moon. Then it hit me. I got out of bed and opened the window and sat on the sill dangling my left leg out of the window while I brought my right leg up with my knee against my chest. I turned on the I phone and let the music play as I snapped my fingers to the beat. I began singing along with the song.

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only, light we'll see

No I won't be afraid
Oh I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me

So darlin', darlin'
stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Oh, stand
Stand by me
Stand by me

If the sky
That we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountain
Should crumble to the sea

I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me

So darlin', darlin'
stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Whoa, stand now
Stand by me
Stand by me

I jumped away from the window and began to waltz around the moonlit room along to the song. Twirling around gracefully with my invisible partner. (forever alone)

So darlin', darlin'
stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Oh, stand now
Stand by me
Stand by me

Whenever you're in trouble
Won't you stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Whoa

I really gave my all to the last few lines of the song as the music was drawing to a close, completely forgetting that it was night time and that ponies might be sleeping now. I ended my performance to myself with a grand bow to the darkness. And heard clapping, or was it clopping, you know cuz of the hooves.

I immediately froze up and slowly turned around. There standing in the door way was none other than the god damn juggernaut, I mean Princess Luna. She was wearing a smile, one that looked to be a mixture of entertained and apologetic. I inched my way towards the window, seeing as the unstoppable wrecking ball of a pony was blocking the only other exit.


"Please, don't be afraid." She said gently as her horn glowed a dark blue and the window closed shut.

"I'm not afraid, I just wanted to shut the window is all, it's drafty in here." I lied, hopefully my shaking knees were unnoticed in the darkness.

"I...I wanted to apologize to you in the morning, but then I heard music and came by to investigate." She wasn't looking me in the eye, as if she were ashamed.

"Apologize? So...you're not gonna toss me around like a gorilla with a rag doll?" I continued to inch my way towards the window, I'd break through the damn thing if I had to.

"No, of course not!" She was defensive, but then shrunk back when she noticed she raised her voice.

"I merely wanted to apologize, and perhaps make amends?" She gave me puppy dog eyes.

God damn it! I have never been able to resist puppy dog eyes, and hers were freaking weapons grade.

"Ooohh, don't look at me like that." I pleaded as I tried to look away.

"Like what?" She now tilted her head to the side.

HNNNNG My heart!

"Ok, ok apology accepted, just...stop with the cute attack already, I don't think my heart can take that for very long." I gave up the window and sat down on the bed.

"Thank you." She said as she made her way towards the bed, got up on it and sat down next to me.

"Now let me formally introduce myself, I am Princess Luna Everfree of Equestria." She extended her hoof towards me which I looked at for a second before gently grabbing it and shaking it lightly a couple of times.

"I'm Damien Wilson, the human with super magic powers." I couldn't help but stare into her eyes.

They were the most beautiful shade of greenish blue. it was like looking into two deep pools that I could lose myself in and not care at all. I thought to myself how nice it'd be to stare into these gorgeous orbs for all of eternity. I would have too if those very same eyes didn't change into a very confused look.

"Uh, Damien?" Luna prodded me in the head with her hoof shaking me out of my trance.

"Huh? Oh sorry, I guess I was day dreaming." I shook my head a bit and looked away from her eyes lest I become entrapped again.

"Ok....I wanted to ask you something?" She got off the bed and stood infront of me, with her standing at full height and me sitting on the bed, we were almost eye level.

"Go ahead princess."

"Please, call me Luna." She sat down on her haunches before me.

"Ok then, Luna, what did you want to know?"

"If you don't mind, would you...tell me more about yourself?" She had her head down but looked up at me, she's doing this on purpose I know she is! She's using her cute as a weapon!

"Sure, I guess that'd be alright."

So for the rest of the night I told Luna about my life. About how I never knew my parents, about Grammy, my shitty relatives, and everything in between. I don't know why, but for some reason I felt like I could tell her everything about me. So I did, I became an open book in front of her. I told her about the very first time I fell in "love" and how she rejected me within a minute of me confessing.

After I told her about myself I asked her to do the same.

"Well, I assume you already know about me once being Nightmare moon?" I nodded

"It must have been so lonely, being up there for a thousand years." We had since moved from the bed and both sat on the
ground in front of the window staring at the moon, well I sat, she laid down on her stomach.

"Indeed, I love my moon, but I wouldn't want to go back there, at least for a while." She crossed her front legs and rested her head on them.

"I could imagine." I stared into the moon, entranced by its hypnotic beauty.

"It really is beautiful, huh?" I looked over to Luna and saw that she had nodded off.

'Heh heh, guess she must be tired.' I would be too after tossing someone around like she did. I looked back to the moon before my gaze drifted back to the sleeping mare. I could hear a very soft snoring resonating from her and every now and then her ears would flick about. She was just too damn cute to let sleep on the floor, so I very carefully picked her up without disturbing her slumber, and placed her in the bed and tucked her in. I grabbed one of the extra pillows and made myself comfortable on the side of the bed, sitting upright with the pillow against the back of my head.

"Sweet dreams Princess." I said before beggining my trek into dreamtown.


I awoke to the sound of birds singing and the sun blasting its rays right into my face. I groggily looked around, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the blur. I looked up and saw the blankets shift a little bit. 'Heh Luna must still be asleep.' I thought to myself as I stood up. I looked towards the bed and sure enough there she was. She was in no where near the same position she was last night though. Apparently she tosses a lot in her sleep because she was now spun 180 on the bed, where her head was supposed to be were her rear hooves and vice versa. The blanket I covered her with was flung to the side and hanging limply off the side of the bed. Not only that but she somehow managed to turn her self around on her back and was spread eagle with her mouth wide open and a little bit of drool dripping out.

I suppressed a chuckle as I turned around avoiding looking at "that" region of her body. I walked around the bed and picked up the blanket and placed it over her still form. After making sure her highness was covered up I left the room.

I stood in the hallway and stretched my back popping a few joints in the process making a series satisfactory cracks as I did so. I continued my morning stretching with my arms and neck, once I was finished I decided to try my luck at finding the bathroom again.

This time I found it in one shot, conveniently enough the door immediately infront of the room I was in was a bathroom. I took a light shower, just washing my body and shampooing my hair with some fruity smelling shampoo I found. The shower was a bit small so I had to duck a bit to get my head under the shower head. I dried my body off and put my clothes back on, I thought about asking the ponies if anyone could make me some new ones, I doubt their clothing stores catered to my kind. As I opened the door I saw Luna stirring in the bed as she began to awaken.

"Morning sleepy head." I said as I dried my hair.

"Mnn... wha? Where am I" she asked as she warily sat up in bed. She looked at me and suddenly turned a crimson shade.

I walked towards the bed and sat down right next to her, to which she diverted her eyes out the window. I finished drying my hair and let the towel rest on my shoulders. I reached down and began putting on my socks and shoes. I looked up towards Luna and caught her looking at me for a brief moment before she turned away quickly trying to hide a light blush.

"So, what's on the agenda today Luna?" I leaned back in the bed using my arms to prop me up.

"Well, you were supposed to have an audience with my sister yesterday, but...you know." She looked crestfallen again.

"Hey now, it's alright, it was my fault anyway, I shouldn't have been messing around." I looked towards her and she was looking at me.

"Besides, if anyone needs to apologize it's me, it was very rude of me to barge into a fine young mares room uninvited, then again you came to my room for a 'midnight visit' too." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"*giggle* I suppose you're right." My god that giggle was down right adorable. I don't know how I'm gonna last in this world if all its inhabitants were this radioactively cute.

"If you don't mind me asking Luna?" She looked at me awaiting my request.

"Do you think anyone could make me some new clothes? I'm still going shirtless here and the clothes I do still have aren't going to start getting clean themselves." I motioned towards my bare torso and dingy looking pants.

"Oh that reminds me, miss Rarity said she had a surprise for you, knowing her I'm thinking she's already granted that wish." She got up from the bed and shook her self a bit and ruffled her wings a little before resting them by her side.

"I better go and thank Celestia, she must have set the moon for me last night since I sorta...nodded off." She looked pretty embarrassed.

"Okay, what should I do until Celestia decides she wants to see me?"

"You could explore the castle some more if you wish, though this time you might want to have this." She magically conjured a map out of thin air. I'm gonna need sometime to get used to that.

"This is a detailed map of the castle, with this I doubt you'll get lost." Oh really? Challenge accepted!

"Thanks Luna, this'll help keep me out of trouble." I touched the floating map and the second I did the magical aura around it disappeared and it fell to the ground.

"Oh right, magic leech powers." I bent down and grabbed the map, folded it, and stuffed it in my pocket.

"Well then, for now dear princess I bid you farewell till we meet again." I bowed in an over exaggerated fashion.

"And to you, sir human." She bowed as well. Look at me having royalty bow, I'm totally not gonna let this get to my head....ok maybe a little.

Trekking through the castle halls this time was much easier. I followed the map to the kitchen, even though I already roughly knew where it was from last nights stealthy adventure. As I was about to open the doors I heard an fairly peeved off voice.

"WHO ATE MY CAKE!?!?"

` With out even looking up from the map I turned around. Breakfast could wait for a bit.

I was able to get most of the map down in my head. I at least knew where I'd find the throne room and how to get to the garden. With nothing better to do I decided to check out said garden.

It was just as beautiful of not more so than the castle interior, only in a natural way. There were multiple flower beds along the walk way leading from the castle entrance to the center of the garden. There were far too many animals scurrying around for me to even count. I saw wide varieties of birds from blue jays to secretary birds. I even saw a freaking wallabee. The fauna was just as diverse, there were willow trees with benches beneath the shade they provided, and several different kinds of fruit trees. I followed the walkway until I came across a fountain with a statue of what kinda looked like Luna and Celestia, only more stick figure looking, like the murals in the stained glass windows.

I sat down at the fountain and stared into the water. I looked myself over trying to see if I had any scars from my tussle with Luna. (No 'tussle' implies I fought back, it was more like an arm wrestling match between a gorilla and a snake) There were no scars to be seen, not even a little scratch. I did note however that a certain scar on my shoulder was still very much there. I lifted my left hand to it as the memory of how I got it rushed to my mind.


I had been living with my aunt and uncle for about a year now and I hated every second of it. It's not like they beat me or tormented me, but they treated me as if I wasn't even there. Sometimes, for a kid who needs love and affection, that's worse. I had a small room with a dresser and a small bed, and that was it. No toys, games, books, or tv. There logic was 'why would he need any of that stuff? he should be happy enough with a room and food. Talking about food, they not once cooked a meal for me. If I was lucky they'd have some leftovers from their meals, but mainly I had to cook for myself, but even then I would get yelled at if I made something they wanted to eat that night. Which happened a lot.

I would go out of my way to stay out of the house just so I wouldn't have to be around them. I joined any club I could after school, drama, math, history, the martial arts club, I even went to the song/dance group for a while. I never ended up staying with them. For math and history, I just couldn't keep up. I was a good student but man those guys sure did love their subject, it was almost scary. Drama was similar, I was told I was a pretty good performer but I just couldn't stand the guys that took their roles way too seriously. This one guy spoke in 'ye olde english' for a week for some play I dropped out of. The martial arts club was pretty fun but I got bored with it real easy once the instructor began lecturing us about calm centers and stuff. Song and dance was really the only one I stayed in for an extended period of time, it was there I discovered my love of song and my lack of talent in dance.

I remember one night when I was walking home from the song/dance club. It was already dark since I wasted a lot of time just singing to myself after everyone else in the club left. I wanted to take as much time as possible so I decided to walk through a local park. I never really liked going there, the happy families having picnics and what not was kind of a buzz kill.

As I made my way through the park I heard some laughing and a bunch of thudding sounds. I sneaked my way around towards the noise and hid behind a nearby bush as I found it. It was a bunch of random teenagers, three senior high schoolers by the look of them with their letter-mans jackets, illuminated by a couple of the lamp post that dotted the park. They were thwacking a burlap sack around with a stick and laughing up a storm as they kicked it. I wondered what was in it and what could possibly be so funny. That is until I heard a whimper coming from the sack.

My eyes shot wide open as I heard the cries of a dog coming from the sack. I didn't even think about my actions. Because before I knew it I had launched myself from the bush and grabbed the arm of one of the teenagers as he was about to hit the sack again. I grabbed onto his arm and spun around on the heels of my feet as I flipped him end over end into one of his buddies.

"What the hell!" I heard the third one yell as he watched his crew get back to their feet.

"Look at this little shit." He said as his friends circled around me and I tried to keep myself between them and the sack.

The one I threw was to my right cracking his knuckles and the guy I threw him into was to my left doing the same. Their assumed leader was in front of me and had picked up the stick. I looked him straight in the eyes but kept note of his cronies positions. I've been ganged up on by bullies plenty of time trying to defend some one that couldn't defend themselves. I;m not gonna lie, I got beat. A lot. But I also learned.

The leader shifted his eyes to my right. As soon as he did the one on my right rushed me. Predictable. I simply stepped back and held out my foot as he ran by me and tripped straight into his friend. Again.

The leader face palmed as he watched his goons fumble all over each other trying to get up.

"C'mon you idiots! It's just some little fucker, whoop his ass already." He pointed his stick towards them then towards me.

The two finally got up but I didn't wait. As soon as the first of them turned around I delivered a swift jab right to his adams apple. As he dropped to the ground grasping his throat I grabbed his face and pushed him towards his friend right into his legs sending him toppling towards me. I braced my right arm by placing my right fist into my left palm and pointed my elbow upwards and let his weight do the damage as his stomach hit my elbow with the full force of his fall. I heaved him off me and turned around to see their leader running at me. I ducked under his first blow but couldn't dodge his second as he hit me square in the stomach and actually sent me flying a foot or two. He was older than me, and stronger. I clutched my stomach as I tried to regain my stance. I looked up and saw him looking down at his friend and kicking them lightly.

"Man I can't believe you guys got your shit pushed in by this little turd."

I had finally gotten back up to my feet and was panting pretty hard. My heart was racing, I had been in a couple of fights before, but those times my opponents were more my size and weight class. These guys were much bigger than me. I readied my stance as I waited for their move. The leader seemed to be the only able since the other two were still on the ground groaning and gurgling.

I saw that the sack was now behind them. I steeled myself as I slowly closed the distance. The leader was unimpressed as he pulled out a butterfly knife and whirled it around before brandishing the blade at me.

"Just calm the fuck down little man, you don't want me to hurt you now do you?" He twirled the knife around in his fingers, yet I still moved towards them. And there it was, I saw it in his eyes, for just a split second, but it was there. Hesitation.

"J-just keep back man."

I ran towards him and out of instinct he thrust the knife forward. I moved my head to the left just in time to avoid the blade in my face but a sharp burning pain coursing through my arm stopped me in my tracks and I tumbled past the trio stopping at the now still sack.

I grabbed at my shoulder and felt something cold. I looked to my right and winced in pain as I saw the knife sticking out of it, crimson liquid trickling down my arm shining in the park lamps light. I rolled on the ground crying out in agony as I tried to pull the knife free only to deal more pain to myself.

I looked over and saw the teenagers eyes wide with horror. He scrambled to get his friends up as they made their way away from the scene.

"I told you to stay back man, I fucking told you!" The three of them ran off and I heard them cussing at each other and screaming about being in trouble.

I lied on the ground crying openly. I turned to my right and saw the sack. I crawled over to it with my left arm and untied it. When I opened it I almost threw up, the poor creature barely resembled a dog anymore. I wailed out loud before passing out from the blood loss.

The next thing I remember was waking up in a hospital room with my right shoulder bandaged. I looked around and saw that I was alone. Of course I would be, why would I expect my family to be there. I heard the door open and looked at it to see my uncle standing in it. He didn't look sad, or worried. He looked my annoyed than anything.

"You happy now?" He asked as he walked across the room and threw some clothes at me.

"Now your aunt and I can't go on our vacation cuz of you." He turned around and was about to walk out. But before he closed the door I heard him say underneath his breath. "We never should've taken this little shit in."

I let my self cry silently as I thought back to the happier times I shared with Grammy. I looked out the window let the tears roll freely down my face. The dog in that sack looked so much like the puppy she got me.