• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 1,360 Views, 29 Comments

The Adventures Of Damien The Not So Average Guy - Flutterftw123



Damien Wilson. An average name, for an average guy, who lived an average life.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,360

Chapter 4

So scaring the non existent pants off of my new friends may not have been a good idea at first. But let's be honest here, It was worth it. If for no other reason than the fact that the once silent halls of the castle were now filled with the sqiush squash of my soaked through shoes. Enhanced by the echo, the only other sound that could be heard were the hoof fall of the ponies and my child like giggles.

"I can't believe you would do something so reckless and make us all worry like that!" Twilight was still rather peeved about my near perfect dive. I should've done a few flips or something.

"Sorry about making you guys worry and everything, but I saw the pool and the opportunity to defy normal human restrictions was far too great." I was slowly drip drying, but was still pretty soaked.

"I have to admit it WAS pretty cool." Rainbow calmed down compared to the others.

Pinkie quickly added."Yea, it was a pretty good dive, though it could've done with a few flips." I KNEW IT!!!

As we walked through the halls towards the throne room where Celestia was waiting I took note of my surroundings. The halls were immaculate. Not a single spec of dust was present on any one surface. The walls were a sparkling white, vividly bright despite the lack of artificial light. The floor was marble, not tile, just massive sheets of marble. It almost looked like the floor was made out of a single gargantuan piece of it. It too was spotless, polished to a near mirror sheen. Every now and then there was a table with a potted plant in it, but other than that, the only other thing of note were the many stained glass windows depicting epic scenes.

I began asking about them and was actually quite surprised about a few of the stories behind them. Apparently the six ponies with me had defeated an ancient evil known as Nightmare moon. An evil entity that wanted to reign in the night for all of eternity.(Man what a bitch) She was also the culmination of jealousy and avarice born from Princess luna and given power enough to corrupt the princess. 'That sucks something hardcore.'

Twilight also told me about their bout with someone called Discord. He was apparently the physical embodiment of chaos and disharmony. He was able to turn the girls against each other, but ultimately failed and was imprisoned in stone after he underestimated the power of true friendship. And was now being held in a vault hidden somewhere in Canterlot within his stone prison.

I had no idea these six little ponies had done so much. It really made me think about how I've been living my life up till now. I never really aspired to do anything. Once I dreamed of being a singer but that died down after I became an adult and got myself a job. I've never really done anything with my life. Now though, I'm in an entirely new world. I have awesome super magic powers, and a new start at life. I'm gonna be something here........OR I will use my powers for my own personal gain and have as much fun with this new life as possible, not really accomplishing anything. Yea I like option two too.

"Man, you guys have been through alot huh?" I had finally dried off as we approached the throne room doors.

"I guess so, but we always found a way to come out on top, thanks to the friendship we all share." Twilight was practically beaming as she praised her and her friends.

"Well, we're here, princess Celestia should be waiting for us right through these doors." Twilight was about to open the doors with her magic.

"Hold on a sec Twi, I'd hate to be a bother but something has come up." I stopped her before she could open them.

"What are you talking about?" She looked a tad confused.

"Let's just say the hoover dam has a crack in it."

"..."

"The river's about to turn into rapids?"

"..."

"The supersoaker's been pumped one too many times?"

"..."

"I need to pee!!!" I ran off in a general direction as my bladder decided at that moment that it needed to be emptied.

I think Twilight was calling after me. Something about getting lost. Whatever, I had more pressing matters to attend to as I searched for a lavatory.



I don't know how, but somehow I found a bathroom. After sprinting through the castle halls and checking every door I could find, some leading to empty rooms, others to closets filled with random shit, and one that was locked. Though I only found this out after I had ripped it off its hinges scareing the living crap out of a pair of guards in a most...suggestive position. Don't ask don't tell.

The bathroom was rather spacious. And man did it shine. At first I thought everything was chrome, but it was all just that clean. After I finished my business and made my way out of the bathroom I realized my fatal flaw in my search for relief. I was lost.

Some how, even though I never went up any stairs I found myself looking out over a balcony at the top of one of the castle spires. There was a telescope on it so I decided to do a bit of peeping.

At once I spotted the same two guards from before trying to continue what they started behind a bush in the gardens. I immediately looked away and saw another pony in another tower across from me. It looked to be a stallion with golden blonde hair and stark white coat. He looked to be giving a pony in a maid outfit a really hard time. Considering he was making this pony who looked absolutely adorable in a maid outfit cry I automatically came to the conclusion that I don't like him. Looking around again there was nothing interesting to point out, so I decided to try my luck at finding the throne room again.

I had come across a set of large double doors. Only these were different from the other doors I've seen in the castle. The were a dark midnight blue color with black borders speckled with diamonds making them look like the night sky. The door handles were silver and shaped like apposing crescents of the moon. The doors themselves were covered on more sparkly diamond, only this time arranged in the shape of constellations. And what does one do when faced with such a door? Why open it with out knocking of course!

"Who dares open my door without first requesting to do so? Have I not made it clear that I am not to be disturbed with out due cause."

Out of the corner of the room I could see the silhouette of a pony behind one of those fold-able covers that you change behind. She had the same basic body shape as Celestia. She was taller than the others but still shorter than Celestia, had a long horn, and I saw wings flutter on her back as it looked like she was putting something on. I took this to be Celestias sister, and had the brilliant idea to mess with her a bit.

"Pardon for the intrusion your highness, but Princess Celestia request your presence in the throne room." I had to use all my will power not to giggle as I attempted to impersonate a guard.

"Yes I know, that is why I am donning my royal attire." She sounded a bit frustrated. "But that is no reason to barge into my room without knocking."

"I apologize your highness, it's just that Princess Celestia was wondering why you were taking so long and sent me up here to make sure you didn't just go to sleep." Oh man, I'm really pulling this guard voice off.

"What? How could she assume I'd just go back to bed?" She was getting even more frustrated as she was still fighting with whatever it was she was trying to put on.

"Just because I dozed off that one time before the Griffon ambassador was supposed to meet us, she thinks all I do is sleep before night court."

Wow, I didn't think I'd call her out on something real. This was getting too good. Time for the lulz.

"Here your highness allow me." I said as I walked around the back of the cover after making my way across the room.

She was a beautiful midnight blue color with an even darker shade of blue for her mane, that flowed in non-existant wind like Celestias and was filled with tiny lights that looked like stars. She was much shorter than Celestia, and effectively me. She seemed to be having trouble securing a breastplate of some sort around her frame. So I gingerly took the straps that were supposed to clasp around her neck and secured them without letting my hands touch her coat.

"Ah, thank you very much guar........" She turned around expecting to see a guard pony, but instead got a face full of my bare abs. She slowly looked up at me until our eyes met.

"Well hello there." I said with my most sincere smile, flashing my pearly whites. And apparently my canines because she shouted right in my face.

"MONSTER!!!" It sounded like getting blasted in the face with a set of those speakers used at a rock concert.

"YOU DARE TO ATTEMPT AN ATTACK ONTHE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT IN HER OWN HOME?!?!?" At least that's what I thought she said, my head was still spinning from her supersonic attack. I attempted to flee but was instead kicked to and through the wall outside onto a balcony after she turned around and bucked me straight in the chest.

It hurt like a mother fucker. The only time I had been hurt while here were when I was stabbed by that manticores tail and now. Man that kick was no joke. I groggily lifted myself up with my arms and looked towards the princess. She seemed to be charging her horn but looked puzzled when nothing happened.

"Why can't I levitate you creature?" She sounded confused. I on the other hand was starting to feel a whole lot better as the pain in my chest suddenly faded.

It must have been the magic, I absorb magic, and magic is what gives me my super strength and healing factor. She was trying to levitate me so instead of doing so, I was inadvertently absorbing her magic. So now I can add immune to magic to my list of tricks. Sweet.

I rolled over onto my back and pulled my legs back before kicking my self into an upright position. I stretched my back which earned myself a few satisfying cracks. I did the same to my arms and fingers finishing off with a swift neck crack.

"Good lord that was a hell of a kick princess, but..." I never got to finish my sentence as she tackled me at a great speed off the balcony.

It would have been a free fall if it weren't for the tower that I was heading towards. I righted myself in the air and landed on the side of the tower making a nice and sizeable crater in the once immaculate building. She gave me no time to breath as she made a bee line right towards me. I dropped from the wall right as she impacted it and landed on a balcony right below it. I looked around for the princess of the night but saw her no where. That is until I felt both her back hooves on my back smashing me through the balcony I stood on, and the one below it, plowing me straight into the ground of the large garden below leaving a large crater and me shaped hole in the ground.
'Man, I did not see this as the out come when I wanted to screw with her.' I was expecting her to get mad, but not beat my ass. She wasn't even breaking a sweat. I was seriously getting my rear end handed to me on a silver platter here.

I slowly got up and was wobbling all over the place as I stood back on my two feet. I looked at the princess, who had jumped off my back a good distance away from me. At least I think it was her, everything was getting a bit blurry.

"Why do you still stand monster? Most would have succumbed by now and lost consciousness, save maybe a dragon." She sounded genuinely curious.

"Heh heh, guess I'm just too stubborn..."

I was once again interrupted as she shot forward reeling her left fore-leg back for the equivalent of a punch. I was able to react this time though as I brought my right arm up to block it. As her hoof connected with my fore-arm I felt the entire right side of my body vibrate with the hit and my arm go numb. She brought her other fore-leg around and I blocked that too, receiving the same reaction to my left side. This however left my torso completely open. Seeing her opening she does a back flip in mid air and strikes at my exposed chest with both of her rear hooves, blasting me at least thirty feet backwards. I was still standing though, how I don't know. My whole upper torso was covered in cuts and gashes, I had two distinct hoof marks on my chest that were bleeding as well. I could feel myself healing, but also getting weaker. I guessed that my body could only do one thing with the magic in it at one time. The magic was being used to heal my wounds, but had to be diverted from my strength. I couldn't fight and heal at the same time pretty much. And considering how slowly it was taking to heal the smaller cuts, I was running out of magic quicker than my body could absorb it naturally.

I was breathing heavily, trying my damnedest just to stay standing. I don't even remember her moving, but before I knew it Luna had closed the distance between us again and delivered a upper-buck to my chin sending flying into the air. The whole world spun around as I descended back down, slamming into the ground on my back. I could only see the shape of what I was assuming was Luna, and barely made out the sound of seven very worried voices approaching before I blacked out.


I was now in a familiar place. Not the void where I met death, no some place...from my memories. I was back home, not just on earth, but back where I grew up with the only person in the whole world that ever really cared for me, my Grammy.

This looked like a memory of when I was little still living with my Grammy. I never knew my parents, grammy said that my father was a deadbeat who didn't deserve to be mentioned, and that my mom never even got a chance to meet me. I know now that she meant she died during child birth, but back then I just thought she went away like my father did. It was just me and my Grammy, and our tiny house. But we were happy. Grammy worked two jobs to keep a roof over our heads and our stomachs full. I vividly remember one day, it was my sixth birthday, Grammy had come home from work and said she had a surprise for me. When I asked her what it was she pulled a stuffed puppy out from behind her back. It was adorable, and I fell in love with it immediately. I was so happy that day.

I thought we would live together forever, happily, just the two of us. But Grammy got older, and older, and older. One day six years after Grammy got me the stuffed puppy, which I still had at that point, Grammy got sick. Really sick. We didn't have enough to take her to the hospital, so I took up a job as a paper delivery boy to earn some money. But I was only twelve, and it was just a simple paper route, of course it wasn't enough.

It was at this time that some distant relative I had never even heard of showed up. Aunt and Uncle Fillis. At first I had thought they had come to help us, to get Grammy the attention she needed. But all they were after was the house, and anything they could get their greedy little paws on. I hated them.

And then one day the inevitable happened. I was trying to feed Grammy some soup I made for her but she wouldn't eat it. She said it was her time.

"NO! You're gonna get better!" Twelve year old me cried.

"It's ok Damien, it's my time, and I've accepted that." She still wore that same warm smile, even as she spoke those words.

"But...but I don't want you to go." I had begun sobbing into the side of her bed, holding onto her hand in fear that if I let go, she'd be gone in an instant.

"Now, now. Enough of that, you're a big boy now and big boys have gotta be strong." She held up my chin, very weakly.

All I could do was nod my head as tears and snot flowed freely from my face. Her smile still never left her face.

"Now promise me something ok?" Again I nodded.

"I want you to live your life to the fullest, never live a life of regret." Nod.

"But most importantly Damien, I want you to be happy." I nodded again as I held her hand close to my cheek.

"I promise Grammy."

"..."

"Grammy?"

"..."

"Grammy!?"


I awoke in a cold sweat in a room I was unfamiliar with covered with bandages.
It was now night time and everything was quiet. Once the memories of the day caught up with me I was able to piece together what happened. After getting pummeled by Luna the others must have rushed over after hearing the comotion and took care of me. I let out a sigh as I lay back down in the bed.

'Well there goes my first impression with the princess of the night.' I thought to myself as another thought came to mind.

"I promise I'll try harder and make this place somewhere I can be happy." I spoke aloud.


"Ok, Grammy?"

Author's Note:

Well I drop some back story for the character and flesh out his powers a bit more. Let me know what you think please. :)