• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 479 Views, 7 Comments

Doctor Song M.D.: Pony Surgeon - Doctor Song MD



Doctor Song must save the residents of Ponyville from a mysterious stallion!

  • ...
 7
 479

Chapter 4: Detective Time

The word of the stabbing soon reaches Pinkie Pie's ears. And just like that time she was on the train with her friends, she has to play detective. Twilight joins her detective team, mostly just to keep her in check. I suppose she is worried about the safety of Ponyville, too.

"Oh, Twily!" yells Pinkie Pie from Twilight's front door. "Wake up!"

Twilight opens the door. "I told you to come at ten, not eight! I'm not ready yet."

Pinkie smiles in an adorable way.

"Oh, okay. Come in and sit down. Just don't get into anything." Twilight goes upstairs to do who knows what.

Pinkie Pie tries really hard to keep her hooves off of Twilight's belongings, but she just can't do it. She figures that since both Twi and Spike are both upstairs, it won't hurt if she looks at some of the books Twilight has out, right? She goes to the pile of books and papers that are on the desk. Among them, there is a book with the title of "Putting the Clues Together". Careful not to make too much noise, she picks up the book from the pile and opens it up to the first chapter.

A detective needs to keep an open mind when searching for clues. One can't let any pony off the hook until they have an air tight alibi. Even the friends of the victim could be potentially suspicious. Even the most timid looking pony could be the criminal.

The next important thing to remember is to never overlook any clues. Ever. Even if a clue seems irrelevant at the time, one needs to remember that the criminal may not have left many clues behind.

Pinkie closes the book. She puts the book back carefully in the pile, and turns to go sit back down before Twilight comes back.

Spike comes down the stairs. "Would you like a drink or anything?"

Pinkie says, "Yeah, could I get a glass of water?"

"Sure." Spike goes to the kitchen, hops up on the counter to reach a glass, and fills it up with water in the sink. Not spilling any water, he jumps down and hands the glass to Pinkie.

"Thanks!" Pinkie says with sincere gratitude. "I was so excited to start searching for clue that I forgot to drink anything this morning."

"Yeah, that's great. Uh, have you seen Rarity today?" Spike blushes while saying this.

"No, but you can come along with me and Twi to see her today."

Twilight walks down the stairs. "Thanks for waiting, Pinkie. I'm all ready to go now."

Pinkie starts hopping up and down. "Yay! We get to be detectives!" Even after reading that book, Pinkie still doesn't understand anything about what being a detective curtails.

Twilight tries to keep her from bouncing, but she knows that nothing can calm down Pinkie. Instead, she sighs and walk out the door with her friend and Spike.

When they get to Rarity's house, Pinkie lets her self in without knocking. "Hello!" Pinkie chimes.

"Oh, hello dear," Rarity says in a pained voice.

"I'm sorry about what happened, Rarity, but can Pinkie and I ask you a few questions? It's really important," says Twilight.

"Fine. Go ahead. But that doesn't change the fact that my coat is ruined!"

"What are you talking about Rarity? I thought the doctor fixed you all up?" asks Twilight.

"The scar, darling, I'm talking about the scar!" whines Rarity. "My coat will never look the same again. It's like that zit that never goes away! I'll never be able to walk outside of my house again. Oh, woe is me."

Spike walks over to Rarity to comfort her. Rarity is so caught up in her worries that she doesn't notice he is there. "There, there," Spike whispers into her ear.

"There probably won't even be a scar, silly filly!" squeaks Pinkie Pie.

Twilight says, "A small scar isn't going to show after your coat grows back in. You'll be as good as new in a few days. Just give it some time. You'll get better, I promise."

Rarity nods and wipes a tear from her eye. "Ok," she whimpers. "Now, what about those questions?"

"Right. Spike, write some notes down, if you would." Twilight then turns to Pinkie. "And you can, uh ... loiter?"

"Okey dokey lokey!" Pinkie bounces up and down like she had way too much caffeine this morning.

Twilight puts on her serious, detective face. "Do you remember what the perpetrator looked like at all?"

"Dear, I, uh ... can't quite seem to remember. The whole event was just so traumatic that--" Rarity stops. "It's all coming back to me now! Okay, he was wearing black. Yes, lots of black. Distasteful if you ask me. Uh, he was a bit taller than me. And I'm quite sure he was a stallion, from the stench of his mane." Rarity exhales forcefully, as if trying to clear out the smell of the pony who stabbed her out of her nostrils. "That's all I remember. His face was completely covered up!"

Twilight gives Spike a moment to finish writing. "That's a start, I suppose, but doesn't really narrow things down much." Twilight searches the room for another question to ask. "Did you see the weapon?"

"Not really. It was razor-sharp, though."

Twilight face-hoofs. "Right. What was the size and shape of the wound?"

"Ew, gross! Did you think I would have looked at it?" Rarity makes a disgusted face.

"That's all the questions we have for you, I guess."

"I'm sorry I wasn't of much help, dear," Rarity apologizes.

"That's ok, we have only just started our investigation, anyway. Spike, Pinkie, we're leaving now. Have a nice day, Rarity." Twilight turns toward the exit, when she is interrupted by Rarity.

"Twilight, I have a really bad feeling about this guy."

Twilight looks at her briefly, then leaves the room with her friends.


Meanwhile, Doctor Song is at the hospital doing morning rounds, and prepping for a minor operation. No brain surgery or anything, she isn't too fond of that. She doesn't like the idea of plastic surgery either; it seems like too much of a risk for frivolous cosmetic purposes. She can handle anything else, though. Come to think of it, she hasn't done much hooves-on work at this hospital yet. She will get her chance soon enough.

She sees Nurse Redheart from last night in the hallway. "Hello, how are you doing this morning?" the nurse asks.

"A bit shaken up from last night, but otherwise fine," she replies. "Have you heard any news about the stabbing?"

"Not anything that we didn't witness ourselves."

"That's too bad. I have to get back to business. See you later!" Song walks past her, heading towards the OR.

"Oh, and Song?" the nurse adds, "No one told you about what happened here a couple days ago, did they?"

Song stops dead in her tracks. "N-no, what happened?"

"You see," the nurse lowers her voice to a whisper, "Somepony was murdered inside this hospital."

A chill is sent down Song's spine. Her pupils narrow, and she remembers the stain on the floor of the conference room. This thought of it renders her speechless.

"Are you ... I mean, do you know if it was the same pony who stabbed Rarity?" Song stares into the nurses eyes, searching for an answer that can't come soon enough.

Still whispering, the nurse replies, "I'm not one-hundred percent positive, but I believe so. Nothing bad like this has happened in a long, long time."

Song can't take it anymore. "I'm sorry, I'll be leaving now." As if trying to escape from her fears, she walks quickly down the hall.

The rest of the day, and through her operation, she can't stop thinking about the Nurses words. What could this mean for her? Maybe coming to Ponyville was a mistake. She can't give up her new life in Ponyville on account of some criminal, though. There is no other option, but to continue living as if she knew nothing about it.