• Published 25th Mar 2013
  • 393 Views, 2 Comments

Our Soul Friendships - Motion Reflux



The world is changing, cast glaces between the eyes of many. I've only known this through my friends... my friends...

  • ...
 2
 393

Lonely Generosity - Chapter 10 - True Power

True Power

Generosity can only go so far, but the hidden facade of self-hate must come to fruition at some point...
_____________

Swiftshock store at her angrily, a small common rosefinch hovering into sight beside her as she pointed at Soft Spoken and let out the words... "死ぬでしょう..."

After she said that, the small rosefinch burst into flames and transformed into a magnificent flaming phoenix, it's eyes as red as Swiftshock's and began to fly at high speeds, it's sharp break pointed at Soft Spoken.

Soft Spoken smirked and stood her ground and before the suicide-phoenix could contact her, Motion Reflux jumped in front of it and shouted, "NO!" and then took the whole blunt of the attack.

He shouted in immense pain as his chest began to burn intensely. The fiery bird was gone and he did his job that the princess's niece assigned to him. He began breathing heavily and fluttered his wings in a panic.

Swiftshock's eyes flew open and one of her forehooves covered her mouth as she gasped in horror, stuttering, "F-Fluxxy...?"

Motion Reflux didn't respond as his eyes closed shut, his breaths coming to a halt soon after.

Soft Spoken walked off past the surrounding fog as Swiftshock rushed to her fallen love. She hugged him tightly and shook him slightly, "Wake up please! J-Just wake up!" her teeth were clenched tightly and there wasn't much she could do because she wasn't a unicorn.

Swiftshock looked around in an innocent yet helpless panic, searching for anypony that could help Motion Reflux. She knew that the phoenixes that she sends at others can almost kill them if it hits them in the right place.

Suddenly from behind the incredibly damp fog a spark of electricity emancipated from behind it and its gentle bolt striking at the spot where Motion Reflux was harmed.

It didn't seem to do anything and it was barely large or loud enough to be noticed before it dissappeared and the silhouette from behind the cloudy wall walked away.

Swiftshock picked her lover up onto her back and wiped away some of her tears. Flapping her wings she tore breaks in the sky which carried her up and away, normally she wouldn't be strong enough to carry a heavy stallion like Motion Reflux but she was determined to get him home.

Now she felt extremely guilty for what she did.

-A Week Later...-

Swiftshock paced back and forth in the bedroom, her body shaking in fear of the loss of her special somepony. Her eyes weren't glowing as red as before; instead they were quite tame and more rose than solid red.

She trotted up to his slightly immobile form and checked him from bottom to top, she knew she was responsible so throughout the week she bathed him and 'force-fed' him; finally resting him on the bed afterwards and continuing the cycle.

She rested her cheek on his chest and rubbed up gently against it, she couldn't believe anything bad happened to him.

Swiftshock sat with her cheek rested against his chest for a good minute; then she felt a beat. Her eyes flew open as she listened in further and was able to hear and feel Motion Reflux's heart beginning to return to life once more. She hopped back and smiled gleefully.

Motion Reflux took in a good deep breath for the first time in a whole seven days; his muscles felt weak and his wings were aching madly, it felt like he had been in a frozen-state for a year. He opened his eyes slowly and looked over to Swiftshock weakly and asked, "Wha-What happened... Swift...?"

Swiftshock turned and hid her face, giving a long reply, "It's not like I had helped you or anything, Flux... I love you and all but doing that was just plain stupid!" She looked back at him and frowned, "You could've died!"

He scratched his head; his memories were coming back slowly from what had happened during that night. Scratching his head with a hoof he picked himself weakly off the bed and immediately after getting off he fell right onto the floor.

She looked at him and giggled; she then picked him up with her forehooves and placed him back onto the bed. "Don't move around so much, you're still healing, Idiot." she smirked and sat down on the ground beside the bed.

He looked and her and blinked; then he tried to tirelessly flap his wings and surprisingly his two feathery limbs weren't as achy and painful to move.

"Swiftshock... why did you attack?" questioned Motion Reflux as all his memories finally came back at that moment and she replied, "No reason! It's not because I was jealous or anything... your loyal marefriend wouldn't need to be jealous at all!" and then she sneered, "Don't think of my love the wrong way, Ninny-colt."

She ran her hoof across her own wings and continued, "It's not like I'm obsessive about losing the one thing in my life that I hold dear..." she pointed at her wings and smirked, "These puppies!"

Motion Reflux looked at her with big eyes and then she giggled, "Just kidding, Ninny-colt, It's obvious that it's you, idiot!"

Swiftshock exited the room slowly and nudged out a quick response, "If you need anything just call me... if you can." she then winked and closed the door behind her, leaving the bed-ridden pegasus on the bed.

I guess sleep is the best decision for now then... he thought to himself and then shut his eyes so he could let himself drift off into the grasp of the dark.

___________/Dreamstate\

He looked around for a moment, it was seemingly like he was back in Ponyville but the aura field felt much different. Motion Reflux took a walk around the night's path with his wings flared and spread apart in anticipation. The aura of him began to fluxuate tremendously as if the source was coming closer and closer.

All of a sudden the flux dissappeared in a swift moment; he sighed and curled his wings back against his sides. "Hey Flux!" a voice came from behind him as he turned around to see Rainbow Dash.

Then in one quick movement she pressed her lips against his with her eyes closed and a smirk showing from behind. She pulled back and he replied in shock, "D-Dash..?"

"Come on! You're still staying at my place during your time at Ponyville." she said and motioned with the tilt of her head; then she quickly flew off at the same time another sudden fluxuation of the aura began to grow.

A voice came from slightly past the darkness, "So this is what your dreams are like." and all the could be seen from the distance was a bright cyan colored unicorn. He wondered if that could be Lyra or even...

It wasn't possible to believe because he knew that if it was a dream, both real life and fake wouldn't excuse the fact that Discovery can't access Ponyville nor dreams!

"Oh and it is me, Discovery." she said as she walked into plain view, the dream falling apart immediately into a blank white void and she responded, "Whoops, I guess bringing out my presence kind of breaks the whole state of the dream world." she covered her mouth cutely with her forehoof and looked at him with the same cuteness.

Motion Reflux was dumbfounded because his belief was that only the Princess of the Night, Luna, could access the dreams of ponies so all he could get out was, "H-How in Celestia are you in my dream?!"

Discovery looked at him and giggled soft-like, "Good, so you do know I'm real." she pat him on the head, "You better thank me for before, I saved your life." she laid down on the ground and continued, "It takes a lot of magical prowess to even revive a pony from the brink of death; much more than accessing ones dreams."

She brushed up against his side and smiled, "Seems you had a crush on that rainbow pegasus, didn't you?" her horn began to shimmer and spark as she casted a spell which made her look almost like Rainbow Dash albeit without wings but having a horn.

Her voice wasn't too shabby as well as she spoke to him, "Ya know Flux, I don't think your new marefriend would like to know about this old repressed feelings you have for another pony..." she morphed herself back into her normal look and continued to speak as she circled around him, "...because I know how obsessive she is and how jealous she can get."

He looked at her with a worried look, "You're not going to tell her... are you?"

She responded with a evil grin, "How about take this as a favor for me saving you..." she faced him and continued her response, "...Don't ever talk to me again, or I will tell her; I don't want friends but I do help other ponies when they truly need it." she shut her eyes and began to fade away, "I give a lot to others for as little as a small favor in return..."

The dreamscape began to fill in from a once blank white void back into the image of Ponyville at night again as Discovery finally dissappeared from the dream reality. He took one final look around before it all faded to black as he began to wake up; he wished that it didn't have to end there.

He wanted to believe that it was all fake.

But he knew that it wasn't and he knew that there wasn't an easy way out of this new problem. There was one thing he knew though, and it was that he was completely stubborn and would still drive headstrong to face a problem without thinking first.

This time he needed to figure a way to talk to Discovery but without her spilling the truth to Swiftshock or he could let it happen but find a way to explain to his marefriend that it was only an old truth that couldn't ever come to life anymore which could sooth her anger of which would come towards him if he didn't.

The latter he felt was the better option of the two as his mind drifted away from the dreamstate and back into the true reality.

___________/End Dreamstate\

He woke up from his dampened sleep to see Swiftshock staring at him creepily; he said to her, "H-Hey Swift?" and all she did was tilt her head and smile. Then she replied, "Morning, Fluxxy!" and then with her whole strength she wrapped her hooves around his neck and hugged him incredibly tightly.

Her embrace was so tight it almost choked him back to being unconscious but luckily she let go before that could happen.

Then he rolled off the bed and stood up, his strength finally returned to him just enough that he could keep himself standing. He took a test flight by hovering above the ground only slightly and then landing right back down to not tire himself out or even cramp his wings.

He looked at her, "Uh Swift?" she gave him an amused look and responded, "Yes Fluxxy? What could you possibly want to tell me?" the blade that had still been strapped on to her forehoof extended out from it's sheath. She pressed her nose against his and looked deep into his eyes; inspecting them as she continued, "Not unless somepony has been flirting to another mare behind my back..."

The blade from behind her forehoof brushed it's blunt side against the joint of his left wing and she said, "...so? What do you have to say?"

He hesitated a bit and stood completely still as a statue and finally he stuttered, "T-There's no neh-need to buh-be ha-haste-hasty Swift! I wa-wasn't flirting with an-another mare!"

Swiftshock retracted the blade back into it's sheath and smirked, saying, "グッド" and then pausing for a second before saying, "Good."

She stepped back and gave off a cute giggle.

Her personality always was so sensitive and so swingy and it wasn't something to mess with on a whim. She could easily just kill him now rather than later and he knew that well even though he was still new to Skyfell.

The right thing he thought in his mind to do right now is to consult Princess Snowfall, he wondered if she was even back in the city by now. So he gave Swiftshock a gentle nuzzle and said, "I'm going to go walk around since I need the exercice."

"Alright, Fluxxy... don't over-excert yourself~" she smiled widely with her eyes closed and her head tilted cutely. He rolled his eyes and walked past the doors and through the hall and out the main doors of the mansion.

He gave his wings a little flap and rubbed the left wing with his forehoof, talking to himself, "Don't fail me now, pups."

Then he jumped high into the air and spread his wings apart, flapping them in one swift movement to pick up the air and fly. He kept his pace slow so that he doesn't wear his wings too much but it felt like they could continue on forever as always.

As he reached the end of the platform he dipped his head down and began to dive towards the ground where the main castle of the city stood upon.

Then when he landed in front of the incredible large doors of the castle he looked around; his eyes connected to the eyes of a dark purple unicorn in the distance and from what he was able to see it looked like tears were streaming down her cheeks.

He almost turned to fly towards that pony in the distance but he decided not to and instead he walked past the large doors and into the main hall of the castle.

"Hm?" Snowfall questioned as she turned her head to look at Motion Reflux and she said, "What brings you here, Motion?" she smirked and with the motion of her head she dismissed Soft Spoken who had been talking to her earlier and she left with a smirk.

Snowfall stepped onto the same level as Motion Reflux from her large throne, her tall stature and her strapped on magic device around her body gave her an advantage over him. He gave a soft-hearted smile and asked, "Princess, if I could ask..." he turned so his side faced her and continued, "...is there any way I could tell somepony something without them getting angry at the certain thing that I'm explaining?"

After he finished speaking she gave a small brow raise and said, "Is there something the matter?" and he replied, "It's nothing important."

She gave a gentle snicker and then said, "Well the way one would do it is use a spell on them to calm them, but seeing as you have no magical prowess to access I guess the better way for you is to just take it slow and steady."

Motion Reflux waved lightly and said, "Thanks for the advice, princess." and then he left with Snowfall waving goodbye back towards him as the large doors closed and the view of her hidden away behind them.

He made his way along the path to see the dark purple unicorn again so this time he made his way towards her. As he got closer he could see that she had the figure of somepony like Rainbow Dash who was very athletic but her mane style looked almost like Twilight Sparkle's par the fact that it was much longer.

By the time he closed the distance between the two of them he smiled towards her softly and said, "Hey there."

She looked at him and said in a depressing tone, "Go away, you're weak and unsuited to help me." her sharp canines were visible. He responded by tilting his head and asking, "What makes you think I'm weak?" and she talked back, "Because you have no strength, you make rash decisions, you can't even throw away your stubbornness to think."

Her horn began to glow a misty purple aura as her body began to fade into the void beginning on the bottom; she said to him, "You should just go back to your unrequited lover in Equestria."

How did she know?! he clenched his teeth, he didn't like to hear that more ponies knew which threw him into a fit of rage.

He threw a punch at the purple unicorn and it just phased through her causing him to fall on his stomach as she sighed and said, "Nice hit, dimwit." before dissappating into the mist.

Soft Spoken walked up to him and glared at him with a confused face, "What are you doing, Motion?" She picked him back onto his hooves with her magic and brushed off the dirt from his chin with her forehoof. He looked at her and asked, "Do you know anything about a dark purple unicorn?"

They walked back into the castle and when they got inside she finally answered in a soft tone, "Yes but she is so respected in this community that even royalty cannot speak out her name without permission. Her ancestors are the ones who originally owned this land from its beginnings."

Her tone began to fall darker as she continued to speak, "As herself, she has taken over as the caretaker of this land and thus she keeps watch to make sure everything is in order. She's never had time for friendship because of this and her only hobby is magic and her skill easily surpasses my aunt..."

He continued to listen as they walked, "...she has an incredibly tough outer personality like your marefriend but no pony knows anything deeper than that. The one thing we all know is that we try not to interfere with anything that she does because we all know that she's right ninety-percent of the time; from old records I have looked through she had the greatest intelligence growing up where her Intelligence Quotient was much greater than even mine."

She stopped walking and turned towards him, "So don't try messing around with her unless you want to die and don't even try to kill her because every single pony in this city would come after you."