• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 2,791 Views, 39 Comments

Angels and Demons - lunabrony



When a fall lands your everyday human in the hospital, visits from a strange equine creature propel him to adventures he never could have imagined.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,791

All Good Things...

The lovely alicorn cuddled into him, nuzzling into his neck, offering the occasional soft kiss upon his cheek. "I had to find you, Silver. I got your present and read your note, and the thought of being here alone again, I just couldn't do it, I couldn't. I tried to contact you, but no matter how hard I tried, something was blocking my messages." She insisted. "I don't want you to leave again."

She meant it, he knew she meant. He smiled, they'd known each other for only a few days. It wasn't exactly the most responsible decision he was making. "Is that a wish, my princess?" He asked, teasing her a little about the title she had. "Together" He lifted up her right hoof, and put his flatly against her fetlock. "Yours?"

Angel kissed him once more, this time on the muzzle, and held it. It was a deeper, more meaningful kiss than last time. Her tail brushed against the back of his legs, and she scooted in closer to him, her wings curling around his sides. She seemed to want to be as close to him as possible, and not to let anything ruin it. She looked into his eyes, and smiled endearingly. "I guess it is true what they say, after all."

On Earth he was young and still under his father's rule. Here in Equestria he realized that.. he was a grown colt. He'd been making mature decisions since day one, and it had felt completely natural. He wanted to be with her, and he could be. So he leaned close and kissed her again. He wondered whether he should say a corny line 'I unlocked your heart'. Marriage… yes, he would propose, not now though, at some proper point.

The alicorn curled around him, completely content to be right there with him. "Silver Key?" She asked, hypnotizing him with those bright eyes of hers.

He felt like he was swimming, floating. So this is what love felt like? "Hmmm?" He answered slowly.

Angel leaned in, kissed him on the nose, and beat him to his corny line. "Friendship really IS magic, don't you think?"

[EPILOGUE]

There were always many sick ponies to be taken care off, but even an alicorn needs some time off. Silver had quickly whisked her out of Canterlot, pegasi driven carriage ride, and then a long walk through fields were Earth ponies tilled the soil. At some point he'd tied a blindfold around her eyes. "Just a little further." He'd said for the past half hour. "Watch for that root, yes you've missed it good, keep following." The air was silent here. There were usually some kind of noise going on where ever Angel had been. Some pony having an especially good day, singing about it in the distance, the bubbling energy all but carrying you away with it. Tragedies, ponies crying, or hurting in various ways needing help. Canterlot of was fairly noisy. The absence of noise was interesting. "You can take them off now." She did, and found herself standing on a grassy plain. In the far distance she saw the mountain where Celestia's castle was built into. However no ponies were about, not a single pegasi in the sky. "I found it a while ago, pegasi only adjust the weather here once a week, mostly sunshine and its quiet." Not a bad spot for a picnic, but he had a devilish smile. "I thought this was the perfect spot for you to finally do it."

Angel snuggled against him the entire way in the court ride, demanding to know where they were going, her pleas being met with indifference. She looked around, at first expecting a picnic. "Silver, it's lovely." She gushed. "But I don't understand, why are we here? You want me to finally do what?"

He smiled, there was a filled saddle bag, probably with those goods, but no prepared spread for them. "I've been around you for a while now Angel," Almost a year in fact, he'd seen their version of Christmas with her. The place was starting to make more sense to him. His magic skills improved, as a tutor had been appointed to him. He was now a registered unicorn of Canterlot. He had proposed marriage to her last Running of the Leaves. "In all that time I've never seen you.. fly.. those wings aren't just for show are they? Why don't you fly?"

In all the time he'd been with her, she hadn't changed a bit. She was just as sweet as she'd been on day one. She'd gotten him a book on learning magic for Hearth Warming, and if that wasn't enough, even pulled some strings to arrange a magic lesson from Princess Celestia herself. She had helped him work on a backstory for Earth, explaining his disappearance. People disappeared all the time for less significant reasons, this one was more planned out. As for his proposal, she'd accepted before the words were hardly finished coming out of his mouth. "Why don't I fly?" She smiled coyly. "Because you can't, Silver. And I want to spend every possible second that I can... with you."

"Oh way to go put a crimp in my wonderful plan to open you up a bit more" He went over and nuzzled her. "No I've been wondering about it for a while… have you ever flown?" He levitated out the checkered sheet and spread it on the grass. It had hurt building that story. He'd wanted his family to know, to some extent what had happened. At least his father and his brother. Perhaps they could even have come here for the wedding, as mind blowing as that would have been for them. However if they came they risked staying there, and a lock down had been put on extra dimensional travels.

Angel had told him as kindly as she could that he couldn't tell them the truth. They couldn't know about Equestria, it was too dangerous. He was lucky he knew. He was still welcome to return to Earth now and again, but assimilating back into humanity would be difficult, and he was only permitted back as long as he had his hourglass. "Yes, I've flown many times. If you really want to see it, I suppose I can oblige." With that, she spread her divine wings, flapped once, and lifted into the air, slowly rising higher with graceful, ever widening circles.

There you go Angel, living up to your name. He smiled to himself. "That's great Angel." Was it other ponies jealousy you had sensed, and you'd wanted to ease them of bitterness? Everypony who'd had such animosity should hang their head in shame for that. He sighed, was that what you had felt? Mixtures of jealousy, and those were jealous and ashamed of that. He cheered her as she flew and did a small graceful ariel. I'm not jealous Angel, I've got you and I want you to be all that you can be. An a wedding would be coming up, such a large affair by the sound of it too. He opened the basket and fished out a small trinket, the feather that had let him back to her. He'd had it magically made immune to all effects of weather and tarnish. And on the fine hairs, he'd written "Never stop shining", he turned it between his hooves and looked up to her.

Angel landed a few yards away, and began walking towards him, as perfectly poised and graceful as ever. If she knew how lovely she looked, she never made mention of it, not one to put herself on a pedestal. When she saw the feather, she looked stunned. "Is that.... but how?"

"A friend of mine showed gave it back to me, its what made me find you back when you were on Earth. She's.. still a bit hesitant about Canterlot, but I think she'll want to meet you eventually" Sadly she hadn't been around for him to bargain for a couple of temporary wings. "You were beautiful up there Angel. I hope our first one will be a pegasus." Then you'll have to fly sometimes. Hopefully this part of Equestria will still be quiet by then.

"Our first..." She looked confused, then her eyes widened, and teared up. "You mean... you want.... w-with me?" She asked, her voice cracking slightly.

He nodded and stood up nuzzling her "I didn't propose to you just to be around you… at least one, glad more, earth pony, pegasi, unicorn.. heh, or maybe our first one will have it all like her mother. He'd been ready to be a father for a while now. Though Equestria's innocence had never entered him, he knew his foals would be safe. That had been one of the questions he'd asked of Celestia the day she had tutored him.

The alicorn looked stunned. "Yes. A thousand times yes." She whispered. "But..not right away. I want some time with you first, just the two of us." She asked, leaning in to nibble on his ear. "How can I ever repay you for everything you've done for me? You gave up everything."

He considered that, fauxly of course, teasing her as if he was genuinely about to demand a certain sacrifice from her side to make him feel equal. Celestia, whom, if it was possible, was probably the wisest pony in Equestria, he'd asked whether he could be free from the evils of his own world. In a patient and sympathetic way she'd explained, that she couldn't change those parts of him without him ceasing to be who he was. His world hadn't been hopeless, the fights there were worth fighting, even if they were harder to understand. A gentle no. He smiled and shook his head "The only thing I really felt I was giving up was you. I have you. I'm sad about my family, but its as it should be. I want to see you happy. I can't fly? Don't let that stop you.. besides you'd make a quicker trip home from the hospital that way."

"Just don't ever leave me again." She said lovingly. "Not for long, anyway." She pressed her nose up against his neck, leaning on his shoulder. Her right foreleg gently touched his left foreleg, and her tail brushed against his flank. "As long as you're here, I can't be anything less than happy." She closed her eyes, content. Overhead, birds sang in the trees. Pegasi raced through the sky. Another family laughed on the other side of the field, watching closely their own young foals. Life in Equestria shimmered. And as cliche as it was, he knew everything was going to be just fine.

Author's Note:

Yes, Star Trek reference!