• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 16,515 Views, 661 Comments

In a Flash of Lightning - Onomonopia



A hero comes to Equestria to re-capture a villian, but the world is not what he expected.

  • ...
33
 661
 16,515

...Has Arrived

He had finally found them.

Doomsday had been wandering underground for days, getting no closer to the ponies than he had days ago. He had almost decided to forget the ponies and head out to destroy the other inhabitants when he saw his signal, the sign that showed him where to go. A massive lightning bolt had descended once he had reached ground level, a lightning bolt that he had followed all day. After a day of walking, he finally found what he had been looking for. Up on the side of a mountain, against the sunset sky, was a white city. He could feel the magical energies coming from the city and knew that's where his targets lay. So with a burst of speed that none would associate him with, he sprinted over to the side of the mountain, reaching it within a few minutes. He looked up at the massive cliff, knowing that this obstacle provided no challenge. He slammed one of his fists into the side of the mountain and launched himself up quite a ways. Before he began to fall back down, he slammed his other fist into the rock wall and pulled himself up even further. With each pull he built up more and more speed, until he finally launched himself over the city. From his vantage point, he could see hundreds of ponies putting their homes and buildings back together. It was a futile effort.

Doomsday had come crashing down and landed right in the heart of the city, causing a massive crater and scaring all of the ponies around him. They had watched with terror in their eyes as he had pulled himself out of the crater, his eyes narrowing at the site of them. The guards all looked at him in terror, all of them knowing who he was based on the description by the princesses. But the one thing they feared more than him was what he could do. One of the less experienced guards had rushed him, having its life ended in one bloody punch. That’s when the panic began. Ponies began to run everywhere as Doomsday started to crush them left and right, crushing everypony from guards to civilians. Then he felt the power of those who had escaped him, those who had lived. He turned towards their location, ignoring the rest of the ponies fleeing for their lives. He crushed another one of the guards before he lept into the air towards them, aiming it so he'd land right in the center of the powers. He landed and created another crater, walking out of it to find that he had finally found them. At the end of the platform, looking at him with horror in her eyes was that tall white pony that had escaped. He almost smiled at the thought that he had her, but instead channeled that energy into his legs, walking out of the crater towards her.

{S}

"Doomsday," Billy whispered as the monstrosity he had been hunting walked towards them.

"Doomsday?" Twilight asked, looking between him and Doomsday. "That's Doomsday-?"

"RRRRROOOOOOAAAARRR!" Doomsday roared and hurled himself towards Celestia. Twilight went to throw herself between the two, but-

"SHAZAM!" A red blur flew past Twilight and headed towards Doomsday, one fist raised to strike. The ponies watched as Captain Marvel went in to strike Doomsday...only to be knocked away by a vicious backhand. Marvel went sailing off into the distance where he collided with he side of a building and fell to the streets, the building falling down on top of him. Twilight barely had time to worry about him as the grey monster ran by her towards Celestia.

"Very well beast, you wish to fight again?" she roared, powering up her magic. "Then I shall-" Before she could finish, the red blur flew by her and slammed into Doomsday, driving him back. He planted his feet into the ground and lifted both his hands over his head, hammering them into the back of Captain Marvel. Marvel cried out in pain as he was driven through the ground, straight out of Canterlot to the earth below. Doomsday looked from the hole that Marvel had made back to Celestia, roaring and charging her again. Celestia fired one of her most powerful magic’s at him, but the spell vanished against his skin as he barreled through it. Her eyes widened in fear as he lept into the air over her head, both fists rose for the final blow.

"SHAZAM!" Doomsday roared as lightning coursed through his body, Marvel coming up through the ground and lifted Doomsday into the air, throwing him through multiple buildings into the ground below. He panted slightly, watching as the buildings came down around the beast, the ponies in the area running in fear. His eyes widened as Doomsday lept back up through the rubble and dust and collided with him, bringing the both of them back down to the city.

"Sister, what is going on?" Luna asked as she landed next to Celestia with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle on her back. "I thought that Sombra was locked away in the prison still?"

"It's worse than Sombra, the creature is back," she replied. Luna's eyes widened and her pupils shrank as she realized what that meant.

"How many causality’s?"

"Unknown, but I expect the entire city to be destroyed if we do not stop him." Celestia and Luna, after dropping the girls off of her back, opened their wings and went to take off after the monster.

"Princesses, WAIT!" The two princesses turned to look at Twilight and her friends, who had ran up to them with worried expression. "What's going on? Who's that?"

"That, my dear Twilight is the creature responsible for the death of so many of the ponies and creatures across the land," Celestia responded somberly. "And if we do not stop him here, he will most likely go on to destroy all of Equestria."

'What are we up against and what can we do?" Rainbow Dash asked, ready for battle.

"Doomsday is a being that seems to only wish to kill," Luna said, stepping in front of Celestia. "He has shown no other emotions besides the desire for death. His power is great enough that it took all of our reserve energies and wits to defeat him...and even then he returned from the dead. As to what can you six do, I wish for you to-"

WHAM!

The ponies shrieked as Captain Marvel landed head first into the ground in front of them, sliding along in the dirt. He came to a stop and pulled his head out of the dirt, shakily getting to his feet. He spun around and watched as Doomsday lept through the air towards him with both arms raised and a snarl on his lip. Marvel brought his fist back and waited, timing his strike perfectly. When Doomsday was almost on top of him, he lept up and swung blindly, catching Doomsday in the jaw and launching him skywards back the way he came. Marvel watched as he sailed off before falling to his hands and knees, coughing up a bit of blood and breathing heavily.

"Billy!" Twilight and the others cried as they raced to his side. He staggered to his feet, looking of into the distance where Doomsday finally came crashing down. He took a shaky step forwards and collapsed back to one knee. "Billy, you're hurt," she whispered, looking at his beaten face.

"Doomsday will be getting up, I need to go," he muttered to himself, standing back up. Doomsday went airborne again, heading straight for them. Marvel flew into the air and collided with Doomsday, pummeling his stomach repeatedly until an overhand blow from the monster drove him down into the city. He crushed a fountain when he landed and rolled into the street, pushing himself back up. Doomsday came roaring back down and landed feet first on Marvel's back, driving him through the marble streets and down to the sewers of Canterlot. Marvel got back to his feet just as Doomsday rose out of the sewage to meet him. The two stared each other down before charging at each other. Marvel delivered a heavy one-two hit to Doomsday face, who retaliated with a massive punch to the stomach, doubling him over, and a powerful elbow to his back, driving him into the sewage. He got back up and threw a left hook into Doomsday jaw, snapping his head to the side. Doomsday's arm shot out and grabbed Captain Marvel's arms, spinning him around and throwing him back up through the street. He collided with the side of a building and fell to the ground, Doomsday jumping up through the recently made hole and starting to march towards him.

"Ugh, where's Superman when you need him?" Marvel muttered, getting back up and clenching his fists. "Alright, Doomsday, let's try this again!" he roared as he flew towards Doomsday with his fists outstretched. Doomsday growled and ripped a lamppost out of the ground next to him and swatted Marvel with it, knocking him across the town. He landed near the train station, where his impact created a new crater and he tumbled across the ground. The ponies that had been standing around the train had run over to him to try to help, which only made his fears increase.

"Get out of here, NOW!" he roared, getting up and looking around for Doomsday. Doomsday appeared from under the ground, grabbing Marvel's leg as he burst out of the ground. Ponies screamed in terror as Doomsday tossed the hero into the air, then turning his attention back towards them. Marvel recovered in the air and shook his head, his heart dropping as he realized that Doomsday had tossed two ponies towards him. He had managed to catch them in his arms when a shadow fell over him. He looked up as a huge tower collided with him. He wrapped his body around the two as best he could as they came crashing to the ground. After making sure the two ponies were okay, he pushed the remains of the tower off of them and told them to run, running towards Doomsday and jumping above him, driving his right fist into his jaw. Marvel followed the punch up with a kick to the knee, dropping Doomsday onto one knee. He grabbed Doomsday head and ran electricity through it, causing the monster to roar in pain. He then slammed his Doomsday head into his knee, Doomsday head bouncing off of it. Marvel swung his left fist back and went in for the punch, only to watch as Doomsday's hand grabbed his fist and slowly began to crush it, forcing Marvel to one knee. Marvel was about to call down the lightning when a blast of magic struck Doomsday in the back, making him let go of Marvels' hand as he turned around.

"Halt creature! You have caused more death and destruction than the combined forces of the most evil of ponies!" Luna roared at him, descending from the sky to land in front of him. Celestia and the Elements landed behind her, each of them glaring at Doomsday. "Therefor, by the power given to me by my father, I-"

"RRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRR!!" Doomsday charged right up to Luna and went for a huge gut punch. She didn't even have time to throw up a shield as the spiked fist almost connected with her chest. If Captain Marvel hadn't flew up behind Doomsday and put him in a full nelson, she'd be a blood stain on the street.

"What are you all doing here!? RUN! I can only hold him for so long!" Marvel roared as Doomsday began to thrash back and forth, trying to shake the hero off his back.

"But Billy, you need our help!" Twilight cried as Doomsday reached back and grabbed Marvel by the cape, swinging him over his head and slamming the crimson hero into the ground in front of him. Marvel groaned as Doomsday lifted back over his head and repeatedly slammed him into the ground.

"SHAZAM!" Doomsday once again roared as the magical lightning coursed through him, knocking him back and forcing him to release his grip on Marvel, who fell face first onto the ground. Doomsday shook of the lightning and turned towards Celestia and Luna, his eyes narrowing and a snarl escaping his mouth. The two braced themselves as Doomsday charged them, both of them firing their strongest spells into his stomach. But to their horror, they found that spells that had dropped the beast to its knees didn't even faze him this time. Celestia teleported them out of the way as he came barreling past and slammed into a wall, bringing the building down.

"Billy, are you alright?" Twilight asked as she ran to his side. He groaned and pushed himself up into a sitting position.

"What are all of you doing here?" he asked them. "It's far too dangerous for you to be here."

"We came to help ya, sugarcube," Applejack said with a smile while lending him a hoof. "And we help our friends no matter what happens to them."

"You idiots don't get it! Doomsday isn't like the other creatures we've fought! He's-" Doomsday finished Marvel's statement when he came barreling out from under the rubble and caught him with a vicious clothesline, slamming the hero on his back. Doomsday came to a stop and lifted Marvel into the air, spinning him by the cape and tossing him off into the distance. He then turned towards the ponies, who snorted in rage at him.

"Alright girls, let's show this beast how we-" Twilight blinked in confusion when she realized that they had been teleported away from where Doomsday was. They had found themselves in the garden that they had been at earlier, causing the CMC and Spike to scream when they appeared. She turned towards Celestia, who had some sweat running down her face. "Princess, why did you do that? We were going to face that monster and beat him!"

"The six of you do not stand a chance against that monster, despite being the Elements of Harmony," Luna told them, walking over to her sister to support her. "Celestia and I fought with him and we couldn't even kill him with our full power. All we could do was trap him and even that didn't work. Right now the two of us and Captain Marvel will battle with him to defeat him. You help keep the city safe." Twilight didn't even have time to argue as the two princesses launched themselves into the sky towards the battling titans. The CMC and Spike ran up to them, fear in their eyes.

"Twilight, what's going on?" Scootaloo asked.

"What was that monster?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Is Billy alright?" Applebloom asked, pushing her way past the other two.

"One question at a time girls," Twilight said, holding up a hoof and shushing them. "What's going on is that a monster has come to the city and is tearing it apart. What that monster is Doomsday, a beast that seeks to only kill and destroy. As for Billy..." Five of them looked up as multiple lightning strikes came down in the city followed by an angry roar. The ground shook, knocking the ponies off their hooves as Captain Marvel went sailing through multiple towers, the force of him going them bringing them down. "...he could be better. Right now the four of you need to stay here while Billy and the princesses deal with Doomsday."

"But Twilight, we can help!" Spike protested, but Twilight gave them four of them a look that they would fear till the day they died.

"The four of you will stay here while we deal with this," she said in a scary tone, so scary that the other Elements backed away. "He has already killed hundreds of the royal guard and is kicking Billy around like he's nothing. What could the four of you possible do against that kind of power?" When the four of them didn't answer, Twilight walked away from them and over to the others, starting to give instructions to them. Applejack and RD headed to the west part of town while Pinkie and Rarity went to the east. Twilight, after giving one more glare to the four, took off with Fluttershy to the south part of town, leaving Spike and the girls by themselves.

"Alright, let's get over to where Billy and the monster are fighting," Scootaloo said with a smile, turning towards her friends.

"Are you crazy? You heard what Twilight said! Doomsday's beating Billy, Billy, who stopped some of the strongest ponies in the world! What could we do against that?!" Sweetie Belle asked.

"It's like you said, he's our friend," Scoots said with smile. "And besides, this could be the chance for us to get our cutie marks in heroism." Spike seemed all for it, but Applebloom wasn't so sure. The ground then shook again and she heard Marvel cry out in pain, making her decision for her.

"Alright, let's do it," she said with certainty. The three of them took off, leaving Sweetie Belle to watch them go with fear, looking to where Twilight had taken off. He sighed and ran after them, knowing that this wasn't going to end well.

{S}

Marvel wheezed as Doomsday's fist ran a collision course with his stomach, doubling him over while shattering the ground with the force of the blow. He grabbed Doomsday's arm with both hands and swung the beast, slamming him into the ground. Doomsday swung his foot up and caught Marvel in the head, causing him to stagger. Doomsday sprung to his feet and drove his shoulder into Marvel's chest, driving the both of them through multiple buildings. As the buildings came down around them Doomsday came to a stop and grabbed Marvel's leg, slamming him face first into the ground. Marvel spun on the ground and fired a massive surge of electricity into Doomsday's face. Doomsday roared and backed up, allowing Marvel to hop to his feet and kept the pressure up, pumping even more lightning into his adversaries face. Doomsday lifted one hand to protect his face from the lightning and swung his foot into Marvel's gut, stopping the surge and sending him skyward. Marvel was sent sailing, but he managed to come to a stop in the air and gave him a moment to breath.

"Good gravy he's tough," Marvel panted, wiping some of the blood off his lip. He looked around at what remained of the majestic city, which now a third of was burning. Doomsday walked through the rubble of the building that they had just brought down, barely even scratched. "And none of my attacks seem to have any effect. Why is my magic doing so little?"

"Captain Marvel!" Marvel turned to see Celestia and Luna fly up beside him, both of them in battle gear and radiating power. "We have come to assist you!"

"How many times must I say it, leave! Doomsday is way out of your leagues! If he so much as grabs you, you're dead!"

"Then we will not let him grab us," Luna said as if the problem was simple. "We have fought him before, we know how he works. He cannot fly and he is a dumb brute. There is no way that he can-" Luna and Celestia screamed as the side of a building came flying through the air and crashed into Marvel, sending him flying off to the earth far below Canterlot. The two of them barely had time to move out of the way of another tower, which when crashing through the city.

"I have had enough of you! Prepare to feel my wrath!" Luna roared, firing a storm of darkness down upon Doomsday. Celestia followed suit and let loose a hail of solar magic upon Doomsday. But even with their combined strengths, Doomsday barely slowed down as he ran through the hail of magic and lept into the air towards the two princesses. They combined their attacks to fire a single beam into his chest, but he reached them anyway and slammed his hands together, knocking the both of them out of the air. The fell to the streets below, slamming into the streets below. Celestia slowly lifted her head as Doomsday landed in front of her, reaching down to pick her up and bring her to his eye level. Her eyes slowly shrunk as Doomsday narrowed his, bringing his fist back with what looked like a small smile on his face.

"SISTER!" Luna cried as she staggered to her hooves and fired magic into doomsday's back, but he didn't even flinch as he swung his fist forward. Celestia closed her eyes as the fist swung towards her face.

WHAM!

Her eyes snapped open when she realized that she was still alive, but she then saw why she was still breathing. Marvel had managed to place himself between the fist and her. However, Doomsday had swung with such force that the bones protruding from his fist had gone through Marvel's magic armor and had dug deep into his chest. He fought back tears as he grabbed Doomsday fist with both hands and slowly pulled the bones out of his chest. He let go with one hand and punched Doomsday across the face, using his other hand to punch him in the wrist and forcing him to let go of Celestia, who fell to the ground coughing. He brought his left fist into Doomsday's face and tried to follow with his left, but Doomsday was ready. He countered by slamming his own fist into Marvel's, causing the hero to cry out in pain as the bones dug into his fist. Marvel backed up clutching his fist as Luna teleported Celestia away from the two of them. Doomsday rammed his fist into Marvel's face, rocketing him back through the streets and into the side of a building, where he slammed into it and slid down the side dazed.

"Sister, get up," Luna said to Celestia, who cough twice and managed to force herself back to her hooves.

"How is this possible? The last time we fought this beast our magic was able to damage it, but now it shakes off our spells as if they are nothing. What has changed?" Luna then remembered what Billy had told her, that Doomsday would only grow stronger from being killed.

"When we killed him, it gave him a chance to become immune to our magic," Luna whispered as Doomsday began to march over towards Captain Marvel, who was still laying dazed in the wall. "We can no longer hurt him. We made him impervious to magic."

"And that's why Chrysalis and her army were unable to defeat him," Celestia realized with fear. "He can no longer be hurt by any magic from our land. So how do we beat him?" Luna had no answer; she could only look as Doomsday grabbed Marvel by the cape and lifted him out of the wall, delivering a heavy punch to the gut. Marvel coughed up blood as Doomsday continued the strikes to the gut, weakening Marvel with each shot. Celestia and Luna were planning their next attack when three fillies and a dragon came running into the battlefield.

"W-what is that thing doing?" Sweetie Belle asked with fear, skidding to a halt as her eyes landed on Doomsday. The others gasped as well as Doomsday turned towards the four of them, eyes narrowing as new targets came into his field of view. He dropped the unmoving form of Marvel to the ground and began to lumber to them.

"NO!" Celestia and Luna both roared, teleporting themselves in front of the fillies and dragon, bringing up a red and purple barrier around them. Doomsday roared and began to pound away on the shield, cracking it in only a few hits.

"What are the four of you doing here?" Celestia asked as she struggled under the force of Doomsday's punches. "Twilight was supposed to evacuate all of the civilians."

"S-she did, but we came to help," Applebloom stammered, looking past the princesses to the still body of Marvel. "Is...is Billy...?"

"We do not know, but that doesn't matter right now," Luna grunted as the shield nearly gave. "We have to find a way for you to escape before-" Her words were cut off as Doomsday punched through the shield, blasting the two princesses across the street into the side of a building, dazing them both. The fillies and Spike looked from where the princesses had landed to the form of Doomsday, who now towered over them. They couldn't move or cry out, their fear had completely overtaken them. They could only watch helpless as he lifted his arms over his head, eyes narrowing as he prepared to strike.

"SHAZAM!"

Doomsday roared as the magic bolt of lightning came down and struck him, temporarily stunning him. With the split second he had, Marvel drove his shoulder into Doomsday's back, wrapping his arms around the creature and holding tight. He crouched down and kicked off with all his might, launching the two of them into the atmosphere and far away from Canterlot. The four watched Marvel and Doomsday fly off as six other ponies arrived on the scene.

"There the four of you are!" Twilight yelled as she landed next to the four, seething in rage. Her rage slowly turned into curiosity as she realized that they hadn't noticed her, but were instead looking straight up. "What's going on?"

"The princesses were beaten and the monster was coming to get us," Spike said in a whisper, never once taking his eyes off of where the two titans had vanished. "But Billy managed to stop him and took him up into the sky. But we don't know what's happened to them." Twilight looked up with them as the other five helped the princesses get up, looking into the thunderclouds with fear growing in her heart.

"Twilight, how goes the evacuation?" Luna asked once she had managed to stand without help.

"We managed to get almost all of the ponies on trains to Ponyville, but there were many we couldn't save," Twilight told her, never once taking eyes off the sky. "I think that we are the only ones left in the city."

"Then we must pray that Billy can stop this creature, for if he falls, we cannot win."

Up in the sky, Marvel battled Doomsday with all his might. He cracked his own fist on Doomsday's jaw he hit him so hard, knocking the beast even higher. He then proceeded to drive both fists into his face, first a left then a right, before delivering a devastating elbow to the monsters back. He then grabbed Doomsday by the leg and began to spin him, gathering more and more energy with each rotation. But when he went to release the monster and throw him to the ground below, Doomsday arm shot out and grabbed him by the chest, sending the both of them hurtling towards the ground. Marvel roared and drove his knees into Doomsday's gut while Doomsday head-butted him with his thick skull, snapping Marvel's head back. They continued to battle as they fell, the friction in the atmosphere setting the both of them ablaze. The ponies down in the city watched as a flaming meteor came crashing down into the city's center, shaking the whole planet to its core. When the shaking had finally stopped, the ponies and Spike walked to the edge of the crater, looking down with hearts full of fear.

"D-do ya think he won?" Applejack asked.

"He has to, he's a hero...hero's never lose," Spike said, but didn't sound like he believed what he was saying.

"I think I see something," Fluttershy said softly. The ponies all held their breaths as a form began to show through the dust. A gasp went out as they saw a golden lightning bolt on a red suit begin to move through the smoke.

"Billy...thank heavens you're alright," Twilight said while wiping a tear from her eye. "I thought that you might have been..." Her words died in her mouth when she saw the grey hand clasped around Marvels' throat. Doomsday walked out of the dust cloud, holding the limp form of Captain Marvel by his neck. He tossed the body aside as he glared at the ponies, all of the tears and holes in his body beginning to heal. Twilight looked over to where Marvel had fallen, her heart turning cold. He wasn't moving and a pool of blood began to form from where he lay. She stared at where he lay for a few seconds before a cold rage washed over her. She screamed in rage and fired all of her power into Doomsday, then sheer velocity of the magic hitting him caused his feet to slide across the ground. all of the other ponies joined in, the number of attackers temporarily confused Doomsday, who recovered by slamming his fist into the ground, the shockwave tossing all of them away from him. Twilight and the princesses were the first to recover and re-engaged their assault on him. While the battle continued, a silver hoof landed next to the barely conscious head of Marvel.

'I see that you are still alive," the silver mare said to him, noticing that he was barely alive. She sighed and let loose a bit of her magic into him, giving him just enough power to heal him. 'You cannot die yet, this world still needs you.'

"I can't win," Marvel said to her, struggling just to push himself off the ground. "He's too strong."

'Then perhaps you should find the ultimate magic before he crushes those ponies.' Marvel looked up in time to notice that Doomsday had grabbed Twilight and slammed her into the ground, the barrier she had placed on herself shattering under the strain. Captain Marvel flung himself towards Doomsday, driving his shoulder into his back, knocking Doomsday over. Doomsday rolled over and grabbed Marvel by the throat, getting back to his feet and driving Marvel into the ground, hulking over him as he tried to crush the life out of him.

"Shazam," Marvel choked out. The lightning descended into Doomsdays back, causing the creature to roar. "Shazam! Shazam! SHAZAM!" Each bolt of lightning struck Doomsday harder than the last, causing immense pain to Doomsday. but the final blow came when the third bolt came down and went straight through Doomsday into Marvel, turning him back into Billy and healing his wounds. The light in Doomsday's eyes faded and he collapsed on top of the child, crushing him underneath. Twilight screamed in fear and used her magic to toss Doomsday off of him. Billy lay on the ground bruised, but otherwise unhurt. He sat up as the ponies rushed to his side.

"Billy!" Twilight cried out as she wrapped her hooves around him. "Thank the stars you're alive." Her emotions got the better of her and she was unable to talk, so she simply decided to tighten her hug. Spike and Applebloom joined in on the hug as the other ponies looked over to the limp body of Doomsday, who had a smoking hole in the center of his chest.

"It's finally over," Celestia said with a sigh, sitting down and letting relief fill her body. "He's finally gone."

"It was a hard fought victory sister, but yes, we have won," Luna agreed.

"It's not over." Everypony looked at Billy, who was trying to get to his feet. "Doomsday never stays dead, he just temporarily dies. He'll be back in a few minutes at most." The ponies looked at the body with fear, realizing that it's skin was already beginning to heal.

"Then what do we do?" Twilight asked. Everypony looked to him as well, hoping that he would have a plan.

"WE will not be doing anything," he said exhausted, getting back to his feet. "YOU will be taking the others and all the other ponies as far from here as you can. I will fight off Doomsday and buy you as much time to escape as I can."

"You mean you'll beat him, right?" Rainbow Dash asked him. He looked at her with defeated eyes.

"I'll buy you as much time as I can."

"No, we're not leaving you!" Spike yelled, running up to him. "We can work together! Will all of us working together-"

"It will be that much easier for him to kill all of you," Billy snapped, cutting him off. "You guys just don't get it! He is far above any of you! None of you stand a chance against him! The only thing you can do if you wish to live is to leave him to me and hope he doesn't find you before my friends send back up!"

"But...what will happen to you?" Applebloom asked with tear filled eyes. Billy looked away, knowing that they all knew the answer to that. Doomsday's body began to twitch as his nervous system came back online. He looked to the princesses, knowing that they would do what was needed.

"Celestia, you have to get them out of here. We can't afford to lose the Elements of Harmony yet." Celestia knew he was right, but she still didn't want to leave him to fight this thing by himself. But when she looked into his eyes, she saw that he had already accepted his face. So with a nod, she started up a teleportation spell for the ponies and herself. Luna corralled the ponies around her sister, closing her eyes so she could hide her tears. As the white light covered the ponies, Billy looked over at them before they vanished.

"Spike, thank you for being my friend," he said with a small smile. Spike's eyes watered as the spell formed a protective barrier around them to keep the safe. Billy then looked to Twilight.

"Thank you for giving me a new home and family. It may not have been long, but it meant the world to me." He then looked to the others.

"And thank all of you for accepting me into your homes and lives, despite me being different and powerful. I will never forget you." The spell was reaching its final phase, causing the ponies to begin to vanish. Finally, he looked to Applebloom, who was trying to force her tears back. He just looked at her for a second, not sure what to say. Then a small smile escaped him and he spoke.

"And Applebloom...sorry for calling you a jerk and insulting you," he said with a small smile. "You're a lot better a pony than I thought you were." Her eyes widened as she realized what he had just done and a single tear rolled down her face.

"Ah told ya ah didn't want yer apology," she whispered as the spell finished. Then she spoke a single prayer to herself. "Ah want ya to come back alive." They all vanished in a flash of light, leaving Billy alone with the body of Doomsday, which had fully recovered and was getting back to his feet. Billy looked over to him, watching as he cracked his neck and looked around, his rage filled eyes narrowing when he saw Billy. The two stood there for a minute, surrounded by the destruction of their battle and the storming clouds above, each preparing themselves for what was about to happen. Doomsday roared and charged Billy, who simply watched him come at him. Billy was ready, ready to join his family and fallen friends, ready to go down fighting. But that didn't mean he wasn't afraid. No one can face their death without feeling a little fear and despite his powers, Billy was still a child. But even as the tears streamed down his face, his courage and desire to protect his friends was greater than any fear. So he then looked up to the sky, taking in one last deep breath and uttering a single word, a word that he knew he was uttering for the last time.

"Shazam."