• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 882 Views, 16 Comments

The Collapse of Equestria: The Two Humans - BronyXXJewBoy



Arcus and the Mane Six must go on an adventure to save Equestria, and all of pony-kind from Mr Vegas

  • ...
4
 16
 882

(Original) Chapter 1

(This chapter is no longer part of this story. Due to respect of my old co-author i will not remove the work we made, some of this will make its way into the new version of the story but most wont. I am removing Firebolt from the fic and making it better :) but feel free to read the two year old chapters and see how i improved :D )

Chapter 1

It was a bright sunny day in Ponyville. The birds chirping, and all was good for everypony, except one. Firebolt, who was crying over a letter. The stallion was tall, grey coated, and had a black mane. His cutie mark was a shadow in the shape of a flame.

"This isn't fair! Why do the Royal Guards keep denying my enrollment!?"

Ever since he was a colt, he had a dream to join the Royal Guards, but he wasn't built for the job. Firebolt looked down at the letter. It had the royal seal, and on the letter, was a picture of Firebolt. It had a list of medical problems three of them had a red outline under it. There was a 4F on the left bottom of the paper. He then got up and walked to the door.

"I need a walk," Firebolt said aloud to nopony in particular.

It was dark and brisk, the cool breeze blew through Firebolt’s mane. It calmed him. He took walks when he was upset. He has no friends so he couldn’t talk about it .He looked at the direction of the Everfree Forest, and saw a dark storm cloud above it.

"Hmm there must be a random storm. I might as well go check it out got nothing better to do,” he said, trotting into the darkened forest.

An hour later, Firebolt found himself deep in the forest. It was dark and creepy. There were a lot of noises of the strange animals that lived inside, and the ground was slimy and wet. The dark sky didn't help but there was something wrong. The air tasted metallic.

Suddenly, there was a bright orb in front of Firebolt’s path. It was glowing with sparks, but the orb was orange for some odd reason. The orb glowed and got to the size of a tree. As if it became day, the whole forest lite up.

"AHHHH! My eyes!” screamed Firebolt, blinded from the sudden change of light.

A great force pushed Firebolt to the ground.

When the light dimmed back to normal. Firebolt noticed a hairless ape on top of him. He had a white hoodie, blue jeans, and a black mask covering his mouth. But what was strange was that it did not have eyes. He had one sleeve covering his left arm. And on the other one there was a metal object.

"Deo. illud erat cicirrus ascenditis. huh contristati circa illud. salve parvum meum CABALLIO ego non intendit applicabo in vos. domino nihilominus Inveniri terra mea," said the creature in a foreign tongue.

"I have no idea what you just said," Firebolt said in confusion.

"Quid Pedicabo ego vos loqui. et vos loqui in English,” the creature replied back.

"Ok I only understood one of those words and that was English," Firebolt commented.

"Oh, is this better?" asked the creature.

The hairless ape got off of FireBolt and offered him a hand. Firebolt stared at it and got up on his own.

"What are you, and what do you want?" Firebolt asked.

"Well, I'm a human. And I was sent on a mission," replied the human.

"What's your name?" asked Firebolt.

"I'm Arcus Offendas, I'm a war hero and..."

Once Firebolt heard Arcus say war hero, he almost jumped on Arcus.

"Did you say war hero?" Firebolt said with enthusiasm.

"Y-yes, why?" Arcus asked.

"Do you have any war stories?" Firebolt asked like a small colt asking for a bedtime story.

"I'm sorry, but like I said I'm on a mission. I have to talk to this world's leader. I must warn them about the coming danger," the human quickly stated.

This made Firebolt back up a bit. Arcus started walking in the direction of Ponyville, as if he know where it was.

"Might I ask what danger?" asked Firebolt.

"Shadows."

"Huh?"

Arcus stopped and turned to Firebolt. He put his hand to his mask and pulled it down. This exposed his mouth but still leaving the huddie on.

"Look...pony, I don't know this land and I don't know who I'm supposed to talk to. If you will let me use your quarters so I can rest, I would greatly appreciate it, and if you can take me to your leader. You will be doing me and your world a lot of good ."

"Ok."

Arcus put his hand on Firebolt’s head. This scared him a little but then he noticed Arcus’s arm starting to glow blue. Then without a word. They were back in his house.

"What the... How did you do that!?" Firebolt asked, intimidated by the unknown power.

Arcus looked like he was about to say something but he changed his mind as if he was in deep thought.

"Just can," he simply said, walking to Firebolt’s couch and jumped on it.

"Your a war hero? You kinda act like a kid," Firebolt commented.

"Well, I'm only 18... I act like one, but Im not ," Arcus said with a grin.

"What do you mean?" Firebolt said, looking very confused at Arcus’s strange comment.

"Look, it's been a rough night for me. I'm going to sleep. I will explain everything tomorrow, after you bring me to your leader," Arcus said.

"Well. I can't take you to her, because I don't know her. But I can take you to a group that does know her,” Firebolt a thought clicking in his mind.

Arcus replied with a grin, “Fine by me.”

Firebolt walked to his room but stopped at his door.

"Theres something about him. I just trust him, but I feel sorry for him... Why, do i feel bad for him?" confused and tired, Firebolt went into his room and dozed off.


-----------------------------------
12 hours later.

Arcus opened his eyes. He looked around the place and noticed a gray pony staring at him.

"Can I help you?" Arcus asks.

"Your very loud when you sleep..." said Firebolt and a disappointed expression.

"That's nice," Arcus replied.

"Hey, you hungry?" asked Firebolt..

"Nope I don't eat."

This got Firebolt’s attention and he moved up to face Arcus. "Your different buddy."

"How so?" Arcus asked, glancing over to Firebolt.

"One, why do you wear that outfit and why does your arm glow?” Firebolt said looking over at the human’s arm.

"Look let's not talk about me, ok?" Arcus replied, shifting his position. "Look, can you can take me to this group of friends that know your leader?"

"Her name is Celestia," Firebolt added.

"Ok sorry, lets see the group of friends that knows Celestia." Arcus restated.

"Ok we're off to the library," said Firebolt.

"No. we're going to this-"

Before Arcus could finish, Firebolt cut in.

"One of them that knows Celestia, lives in the library." Firebolt stated but soon looked worried. "Wait, how are we going to get you there? It's day time, ponies will freak."

"Don't worry I will follow in the shadows. Just go to the library, I will follow you there." and with that, Arcus raised his hand and vanished.

This made Firebolt jump a little but he remembered what Arcus said, “Just go to the library, I will follow you there.”. So, he walked out of his house and into the outdoors.

Firebolt started off in the direction of the library. While he was walking, he also looked around for the human, but he was nowhere to be seen. When Firebolt pasted sugarcube corner, he noticed Arcus on the top of it’s roof. He was fully masked and hooded again but then he vanished again. Firebolt started walking again. He could finally see the library in his sights. He trotted to the door and he tapped the door three times.

A purple unicorn opened the door with clearly five other ponies in the room too but they were all talking to each other. "Why hello Firebolt, are you here to rent a book again?" Twilight asked.

"Not exactly," Firebolt said nervously.

At that moment. Arcus walked in from the left of Firebolt.

Twilight fell to the ground. The commotion made the other ponies inside turn to look at the door.

"W-what is that? A human!?" one of them called out.

"Yes," Arcus added with a gentle tone as not to scare them.

With that, he walked into the library. All the ponies started backing up.

"W-what do you want?"

"Nothing but your safety. I need to speak to this, Celestia." He added hoping to get an answer.

When Twilight heard her name she became a little worried and stood back up.

Rainbow took off and flew into Arcus face. "Hey, how the hay do you know about the princess?" she asked in an aggressive tone.

"Firebolt," Arcus replayed moving his head to face the pony still at the door.

Suddenly everypony turned to the gray pegasus.

"Why would you tell him about Celestia? For all we know he could be dangerous!" said Applejack.

"I think he's safe," said Firebolt in his own, unsure, defense.

"Oh my gosh a human in equestria! We have to throw him a super duper wonderful party!" said Pinkie, already forgetting the current situation.

"Look, I'm here to warn you all about a coming threat. I'm here to help you all with it. I will not let the shadows take over," argued Arcus.

"The shadows?" Twilight asked, tilting her head.

"The shadows are pure evil. They will try to destroy everything you love. I'm warning you, they have to be stopped. You all need to trust me or else."

This made everypony look at each other in confusion.

Twilight looked up at Arcus, "Look...sir..."

"Arcus"

"Look Arcus... We have to see Celestia in about three days. I will take you with us but until then we will be watching you," Twilight said.

"It's nothing personal, we just are looking out for the best of Equestria," added Rarity.

"I will be staying with Firebolt if you have any questions. Come to his house," said Arcus.

He then walked out the door and he passed Firebolt.

"I will meet you at your house. I want to explore this town."
-----------------

The group of six ponies huddled up as soon as the human left.

"What do we do?" asked Fluttershy.

"I will tell you what we should do. Lets get the Elements of Harmony! He will only bring trouble." pleaded Rainbow.

"Ah don’t think we can trust him," commented Applejack.

"I think he's ok. Though, look at his outfit. It's fabulous and unique! I’ve never seen clothes to be in that style. Somepony evil wouldn't know of such a thing," added Rarity with a sparkle in her eye. Most likely with a few dressing ideas in her head.

"I agree with Rarity...kinda. He just wants to help us," Twilight stated.

"I think he's sad and just wants some new friends," said Pinkie Pie, but without a smile.

This caused all the ponies in the room to look at the pinkie bubbly pony who is normally crazy, but they saw her being serious.

"I agree," added Fluttershy.

"What do ya mean?" asked Applejack.

"Didn't you look into his eyes? They looked hollow. He's like a lone kitty that lost its mother," said Fluttershy.

"Ok let's have one of us follow him," Twilight agreed.

"I will do it!" said Pinkie.

The six nodded their heads and pinkie darted out if the library.

------------

Pinkie frantically searched for this human but he was nowhere to be found. Pinkie stopped instantly when an idea popped in her head, which pony knows the most about humans? Pinkie then headed into the area of which Bon Bon and Lyra live. Their house was one of the nicest ones in Ponyville, not too big, not too small.

When Pinkie knocked on the door, a mint green unicorn answered the door. "Oh, hi Pinkie Pie. What can I help you with?"

"I need your help tracking something," Pinkie simply answer.

"Tracking what?" Lyra asked, confused at what the pony would need to do with tracking.

"A human," Pinkie responded.

Lyra jumped up as soon as she heard the word ‘human’. "I thought everypony thought they were myths, but I have been studying them forever!" Lyra stated in excitement. "Where is it?"

"He's staying at a pony named Firebolt's place," said Pinkie.

"Take me to him."

-------------------------------------
6 hours later
-------------------------------------

It's late at night and Arcus could hear the bugs coming out now. It was peaceful to him. This is something he was not used to but it has always seemed to calm him. He looked at his left hand. His face then changed to a look of sadness. His hand glowed blue and he was now standing in front of Firebolt's house. Acrus opened the door to the house and found three ponies inside. The mint green pony’s jaw dropped to the floor and Pinkie Pie started giggling from her reaction.

Firebolt looked at Arcus, "I swear they let themselves in,"

"Why are you two here?" Arcus asked, switching focus on the ‘visiters’.

"Your eyes," Pinkie said.

This made Arcus, Lyra and Firebolt to face Pinkie.

"M-my...eyes?" Acrus repeated in confusion.

"Why are they so sad?" Pinkie asked, examining them.

"I...don't know what you mean," he stated.

"Please tell me., what you say in this room will stay in this room."

Arcus turned away. He looked at his left hand then back to the group,"Do you know what a war is?"

Everypony nodded

"We went into war. For about six hundred years our people have been fighting the Shadows and we...did something to win...it was a horrible thing... We changed the DNA of our people so we could be stronger. It only worked on ten people. It made them so strong. They could run six times faster than normal. They could bend physics and they could breed with anything. After we won the war, billions died, the remaining people were the ten that were tested on," ranted Arcus.

"How did they die?" Asked Lyra.

"We blew up our own planet, killing everything..."

At this point Lyra and Pinkie had tears in their eyes and Firebolt stood there with a straight face.

"Who are the Shadows?" Firebolt asked.

"A race of monsters that steal the body of the inhabitants of a planet and try to take the planets resources. Though. there is still good news," said Arcus.

"What's that?" Asked Firebolt

"They only got one ship," said Arcus with a smirk.

"We need the royal guards!"

"We have to rest. When we see this leader. We can ask for soldiers. Until then, I'm getting to know this town better."

With that Arcus, walked outside. He looked up to the moon. It was glowing bright in the sky. The shine made his sadness a little better. There was a opening of the door and some hoof steps. Arcus turned behind him. He saw a pink pony who just stopped crying.

"You're not a bad man. My friends think so but you are, but you’re ok in my book Arcy" said Pinkie with a smile.

"Arcy?" Arcus asked with a grin.

"Yup, it's your nickname. Anyways, you got a big day tomorrow."

"Why's that?"

"Because tomorrow, I'm going to introduce you to all the ponies of Ponyville.”