• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 1,480 Views, 36 Comments

Twilight Sparkle; Appleloosan Sheriff - Peridork



Twilight Sparkle becomes the sheriff of Appleloosa and has to deal with all the craziness that will come with the job.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,480

Behold the Machine

Fluttershy’s day was in full swing. She had wrote down her prototype for mechanical wings and was ready to take a break when Angel, her one animal friend, ran into her work space.

“Yes Angel?”

Angel gestured outside. His frantic movements showed that it was more important than when he just wanted food. There were very few things that made him act like this.

“What is it?” Fluttershy asked as sweetly as possible.

Angel smacked his face. He always hated using charades for such important matters and so he did the next thing that came to him. He dragged her out the fort.

“Now Angel what’s so important-” She stopped speaking after she saw the mass of ponies surrounding her.

“Rabble, rabble,rabble”

“Uh, if everypony can tell me why you are outside my house, I’d gladly appreciate it.”

Then the yelling began.

“My garden is ruined.”

‘I saw a large machine destroy my house.”

“The railroad tracks were ripped out from the ground.”

Fluttershy was worried. From continued exposure to the angry ponies she deduced that it definitely wasn’t one of her creations running rampant. It was too large and had a more human-like appearance. Or as close to it as possible. Humans were a myth of the First Age and as such were looked at with extreme skepticism.

Fluttershy stood determined. “Okay everypony! I’ll, ah, no, get ready to find this robot and override its program.”

Everypony stared back with a blank look on their faces.

Fluttershy facehoofed. “I’ll turn it off.”

A chorus of understanding noises washed over the ponies before they walked back to the town.

Five Minutes Later

“Oh Angel! I don’t know if I can do this. I have an idea where a robot could hide. It couldn’t stay too close to the town or else the ponies would find out quickly about it. It has to be in the MacIntosh Hills to the South.” Fluttershy was terrified.

The MacIntosh Hills were right next to the newly reformed Changeling Hive.The South was a uncivilized place that sane ponies avoided like the cutie pox.

“The robot has to come from somewhere, right? The Changelings can’t have created a robot with what- Angel...you aren’t listening to me are you?”

Angel shook his head.

“What do you think I should do?”

Angel began gesturing wildly. “I think you should be okay for once. Have you even looked in your weapon cache anytime recently? Our house is so difficult to get inside that when I tried to hop out of here to prank a few people, my tail was set on fire. That didn’t grow back for three weeks...”

Fluttershy was totally oblivious to her pet’s continued angry rant. “Oh thank you Angel! I should go get Rainbow and ask her for help! Who’s a good rabbit? You are! Oh and before I forget, I should grab the weapons in case of an emergency. Bye, Angel.” Fluttershy ran off towards her weapon stash.

Angel was livid. “Did you hear anything I just said? You just repeated it all. Okay this is it. I am going to find some other thing to do. Something like praying to a Rabbit God or something. My existence totally needs some higher power to get me through these charades from Tartarus.”

And so Angel hopped away on the quest for life, liberty, and the pursuit of carrots.


Rainbow felt somepony bouncing on her.

“Wha-” Rainbow tried to open her eyes but it was a slow process because of her late night antics with a certain small orange pegasus.

“Heya Rainbow!”

Scootaloo stared happily down at her adoptive big sister.

“Hey Scoots. Didn’t I tell you to not wake me up? I know that you like hanging out with me and all but I do need to sleep sometime...”

Scootaloo looked glumly down at the floor of the airship. “But...Fluttershy asked me nicely to wake you up.”

Rainbow felt terrible. “Sorry, kid. So, uh, I think you should go have fun.” Rainbow looked around and found a small bag of bits. She tossed it to her adoptive sister. “Go have fun. Knowing Fluttershy I think she wouldn’t wake me up for no reason.”

Dash pushed Scootaloo out the door and proceeded to greet her friend.

“Hey Flutter-” She was dumbfounded. Her kind friend had enough weapons to make an army jealous.

“Hi Rainbow” Fluttershy smiled sweetly.


MacIntosh Hills

“And that is why you saw me with all the weapons” Fluttershy poked Dash with a hoof.

“So...where is the robot anyway?”

Fluttershy knocked on a rock that they were next to. “It’s right here.”

“What that thing? It looks like a rock.”

Fluttershy giggled. “That’s the beauty of robotics. Ponies can build them in any shape they want with a bit of hard work. Why do you think my gear cutie mark has wings? Its just another view on this idea of forms. Functions are important...almost as important as our cutie marks.”

“Oh, okay. So how do we wake it up?”

“Easy. Most robots have a wake up protocol. Um, if I remember correctly...it goes something like ‘Domo Arigato, Mr.Roboto.’ If it wakes up I’ll know who made it. It’s just a hunch though...”

Wáke͟ p̷ŗot͝oc͟ǫl͟ ͞àc̵cepted. ̕
M͞y͞ pu͢r͜p̢ośe ̀i̴s ͟to ̀b͡rin̕g po͠ni͜ès͠
t͠ò ͜t̵h̴e R͠ep͘ubli͟ć ͘òf ͞t͡h͝e̷ S͘outh͢eŗn̶ ̧
F͢r̕o̢ntie̶r.̡ W̴h͡o ̵w͏oḱe̶ mé u͞p?̸

“Execute Protocol 00-1234”

W̡h͘aţ Acces҉s̶ ͝Col̀or do ỳo͘u ̕h͜a̢v̀e̡?̧

“Black-1b”

Sorry̡ Mist͝ŗe͏ss,͠ ̕m̨y͜ v̕i̵su͢àl҉ ̡r̛e͡cept̡o͢r͏s̨
̢d͡i̵d̵n't͏ ŗeçog͡n̡izȩ ́yo̡u. ̀Begi҉n̸nin̕g sh͏ut-
do̷wn ́in 3,2,̶1̴.

“Rainbow Dash, lets fly go back to Appleloosa now.”

“But what about the-”

Fluttershy glared at Dash. “We are going back right now. I’ll get the robot later.”

Dash knew that when Fluttershy glared it was serious business. She almost never got angry without reason. And she never got angry at her. She could count with her hooves how many times the yellow mare had glared at her. It must have been from before. Her friend never talked about her past for reasons only known to the shy mare.

“Okay then.”

The flight back was silent except for the song echoing in the distance.

D̸ai͜s̸y͢,̨ ͝d҉aisy g͞ive me yo̵ur answ̶er͘ ͜ḑo͘.
I͝'m̶ h̕a̶l͝f̕-͠c҉r̸a҉z̨y ͝al͏l̸ fo̶r ͜the͠ ͜l͡o͠vè ̧of ̛y̢ou̴.
It ̕wo̷n̶'͠t̷ ͝be ̢a̴ s̶t͜y͝l͜i̡sh̷ ͢márr̨i͝ag͏e,
I ̢c͟an̡'̶t̶ ͏affo͡rd a̷ ̧c͞a̸rriaģe͘.
͠Bu̵t̶ ͜y̕ou'l͟l̸ looḱ s͞wee̵t̸ o̶ņ ̀a b͟i͏c̷ycle͝
̨B̸ui̛lt..͟.for...͠t̀w̸o..̕.̛

Fluttershy flew with a new determination. “So you are back. What’s your plan for Equestria now...Doctor Whooves, or should I say...dad.”


Secret Lab

Doctor Whooves grinned evilly as he got his greatest chemical creation out of the container.

“Yes, this is magnificent. I never thought I would see the day where poison joke could be purified into its most perfect form. Poison joke doesn’t cut it anymore. What’s a good name for this- oh I got it! I call it morbid joke. I have tested it on test subjects of dubious merit and through diligent study I have found out that it causes your heart’s desire to be amplified up to its greatest extent.”

He chuckled happily. “And now we just have to try it on the final test subject...Princess Cadance. Guards, procure me this test subject and leave her suitor. We need her to be as jovial as possible in the Honeymoon Suite.”

He programmed the location of the Crystal Empire into the robot guards. He built the robots with anti-magic properties to make them impervious to meddling by those almighty unicorns. Alicorns were just a higher form of Chaos. The newest Princess embodied that fact with her Love Spells of dubious intent.

“Oh how I love my job.”


Crystal Empire

Princess Cadance and Shining Armour were calmly sitting in the thrones of the Crystal Empire. The two twitched nervously. The guards had been sent to deal with some unknown intruders that had entered the airspace. Shing had been trying to contact the guards but they were not answering.

“Shiny, what do we do? You know I’m not as good at protecting myself than the other Alicorns. I only can do so much. I only recently got my powers from Love.”

“Yes dear, I know that. I did attend your coronation.”

Boom. Boom.

The doors exploded inward. Robots poured into the Crystal Chamber.

W̴̵e̡͘͟ ̕͘͜hàv͡͝e͏̀ ̸c̵̛͜o̷̶m̷e͘ f͢or̡҉͟ ͝t̵̕h̕͡e̶ ̀P̵̸̨ŕ̷i̸͟͝n͝c̀ęsş̴.̧
̀͡C̡͠ò͜͞m͢҉ę͘ ̛w̴̧i̶t͡҉h̕͟ ̵us n͠ơ͝w ̵͝o̷r̴̀ ͘͏e͞ļ̵́se̷ w͜e̵͟ ̀w̕i̴͝l̢̨ĺ͞
͢͟h̛͜͝à͟v̶e̷͝ t̶̛o ̴́u̸s͠ȩ ̶f͡ǫ̢̡rc̴e͡͝.

The Royal Couple complied.The robots plodded toward Cadance.

O̴҉͠u͟r̷̛ ̶̢́Ć̡͜r͞e̸àt͏òr͘ ̛h̢á̷͜s͞ ̡͏͡a p͡r̵ęs͢e̢͘̕n͢t͞ ̸̧f̡́ơ̸̷r̷͝ ͡y̨o̕u̴͜͞.̧

The vial was jabbed into Cadance’s leg. She felt its effects immediately. “What is my greatest wish? I want to be a normal pony...normal...nor..no...n..”

Cadance screamed in pain because her body was regressing into what she was before her ascension. Her horn shrank until it was nonexistent and her wings fell off as the magic that created them began to fail. Shining Armor watched as his wife became an earth pony. Cadance slowly rocked back and forth on the floor as her mind tried to cope with the torturous pain that had just transpired. It brought back her memories of the Changelings.

“Please...help me.”

The robots swept her up in their arms and left the room. Shining just sat there on the floor dumbfounded. The applications of the fluid would destroy the balance of power in Equestrian politics. The existence of a potion that made immortals mortal was unheard of.

“Faust help us.”

The Crystal Empire began to burn. The fires spread until the beauty of the city was only a legend in a silly mare’s tale. Shining Armor gathered the survivors and headed out on the journey to Canterlot. The reality of their situation covered the crystal ponies like a shroud.

What King Sombra had tried to do 1000 years ago had finally happened.

Chaos and disorder was brought to the Frozen North.

Author's Note:

Here we go. I had enough time to finally finish this chapter because my muse finally hit me. So now you'll see more deviation from the beginning goal of retelling season 1. (still will but now there is a larger motive behind it.)

Plus I messed with the family of Fluttershy. I will also also do so for Pinkie Pie (what happened to the other foals of the Pies? I have two ponies picked out for that honor, one sorta used a lot for a Pie in fanfics, one I've never seen connected to the family. Pie family reunion anyone?) The Rarity dynamic will still be there. (I haven't had ideas of what to do with Rarity, my least favorite Mane 6, and by extension Applejack. I know the CMC will form sometime but I'll get there at some point. And I added Scootaloo finally.)

I hope that this goes over well. I only figured out the last half today.