• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 799 Views, 9 Comments

Little Red Riding Shy - Loveablecrazygirl13



"Oh my...what big teeth have!" Said Fluttershy. "The better to kiss you with deary!" Said the fake Zecora. And with that changeling leaped at her, transforming to normal in the process, and landed on top of her.

  • ...
 9
 799

Chapter 1- The Marketplace.

It was a bright and sunny spring day in Equestria. The sky was blue, with some white, puffy clouds that floated by gracefully. In the town of Ponyville, many ponies were awake and doing their daily errands. The hustle-and-bustle of the marketplace was at it's peak. At one of the stalls, a yellow mare stood trying to bargin with the owner. She was wearing a red cape with a flower on the hood of it. With her, she was carrying a small wicker basket in which were a variety of local herbs. This was none other than Little Red Riding Shy.

Little Red Riding Shy was just about the kindest mare in town. Everyone loved her good nature and she always looked at the world with a poisitive outlook. She even had all her animal friends who would listen to her sing her beautiful melodys under a tree near her cottage. All of them cared for her dearly because she cared for them. If she was ever hurt or sick, the animals would always make sure she got better. She would do the same thing for any of her animal friends.

Her pet, Angel, wanted to keep her away from the horrors of the world. Before he had met her, he had seen things that nobody should even have to live through. He didn't ever want to go back to the wretched life. When Fluttershy found him, he was soaking wet in the rain. The moment he saw her, he knew she would care for him and love him forever. So, in return, he sheilds her from harms way, emotionaly and phyiscaly. At times he may seem rather mean, but he does all this just to protect Shy from the world.


Oh am I boring you with details like I always do?
Typical me! Getting off topic all the time.
Let's focus this story on Shy's cottage at the begining of her day now.


"What a lovely morning" Shy said as she looked out her bedroom window at the grassy fields and the town off in the distance. She got up out of the bed and headed to her dresser. She pulled out her normal red cloak and dawned it. Then she got herself ready for the day and went downstairs to eat.

Angel had already made her some fresh salad with orange juice and some toast on the side. He was busy waking up the other animals for the day. Normaly, Shy would do it, but seeing as she had woken up a tad lad, Angel decided to do it for her. He had on his pink helping apron as usual.

Shy sat down to eat. She felt well rested and ready for the day, but she knew that having a heathly breakfast would make somethings a little easier for her. As soon as she finished, she took her plate to the sink to wash it off. When she turned around, she could see that one of the animals was aguring with Angel for waking him up. Shy saw this and walked over to resolve the conflict.

"Is everything okay? You two look like your aguring." Said Shy as she walked up to the 2 bickering animals. Angel then proceded to gesture what happened to Shy, though sometimes this doesn't work for him.

"You two are figthing about wheat?" Said Shy, rather confused at Angel's gestures. As soon as she said this, Agnel facepalmed and instead wrote what he was saying on a peice of paper. Shy looked at what he had wrote and understood what he was saying now. "Oh, your fighting about sleep!" She said with a understanding look.

"It's okay Badger. You can sleep a little longer if you want!" She said. As the Badger was climbing back into his burro, Shy did not notice Angel rolling his eyes, as if suggesting the badger was lazy. After this conflict was resolved, Shy went into the next room, Angel following behind her.

She turned her attention toward the wicker basket on the couch. Her mother had given it to her when she was moving out. It was carfully decorated with a lace trim around the outside. The handle was made of some small rose vines, trimed of any thorns that might have been on them. Shy carried it everywhere with her, everyday. It reminded her of home, where she had missed dearly when she moved away. She picked it up and carried it with her to the door.

Then, in a panic, Angel remembered what day it was. And, more importantly, what time it was. Her ran over to her just before she opened the door. "What is it Angel?" She asked "Is something wrong?". Angel then gestured to her what she had promised someone today. She, however, was clueless as to what he was trying to say.

"Um...your late for a meeting?" Shy guessed. Angel shook his head and tried gesturing again. "You're behind in the day?" She guessed again. Angel shook his head, getting frustrated. He tried one more time. "You need to be somewhere? Or, I need to be somewhere?" She asked. Angel nodded as she said that and gave a planner of her day to her.

"Oh goodness! I need to get to the marketplace before their sold out of those herbs!" Shy said worried. Shy opened the door, as Angel hopped into her wicker basket, and of they went to the marketplace.

Shy made her way through the busy marketplace as quickly as she could. She hoped the line wasn't too long and that they wouldn't be sold out. She searched around for the stall, looking everywhere. Finally, she spotted the green and blue tent. She flew over to it, seeing the herb she needed and no line at all. She sighed at this sight and walked up to the counter.

The owner was rather tall. She had a yellow coat with brown spots, a long neck, blackish mane, and some pierceings all over her ears. She had to duck underneath the top of her tent so as not to go right through the roof. She didn't look like one to bargin and, in retrospect, she looked rather scary. She wore too much eyeliner and her eyes looked somewhat like a snake's eyes. Her expression was one of frustration, annoyence, and bordom, though it seemed like she had something on her mind.

"Um, excuse me?" Shy said as walked up to the counter. The owner appered not to hear her, just seemed to stare straight ahead, right at Shy. Shy felt rather unnerved by this, and tried to talk again, a bit louder. "Um excuse me, do you have any of these herbs on my list?" She said as she took out the list and placed it on the counter. The owner still did not respond. Shy looked behind her to see into her shop, just to see if there might something preventing her from responding. As she did so, she saw a deck of cards with some pictures and 1 word on each card. To it's left was a crystal sphere that seemed to have mist swirling around in it. To it's right, there were some pony dolls, with pins and needles ticking out of their heads, chests, and legs. On all the other shelves were herbs of all asortments. Just as Shy had taken this all in, the owner shook her head to snap out of her trance, and saw the customer in front of her.

"Ah hello. You wish to buy some herbs from lands away from heaitage of yours, yes?" Said the owner, who had introduced herself as Gina. Shy turned her attention back to the owner to reply. "Oh, yes. Do you have any of these things on my list?" She said, and pointed toward her list on the counter. Gina picked up the list and looked at it. "Why of course have this I do! Tell me, are you making kind of some brew?" She replied, her manner of saying rather odd because it seemed to ryheme all the time. "No, their just for a friend of mine who's lives in the everfree. I promised I'd bring her some of them because she lives far off the edge of town and these herbs seem just so exotic to her." Shy replied, not at all creeped out at the way Gina ryhemes everything. "Ah okay. I think I have some on this shelf. Why don't you and I chat whilst I do that?" Gina asked and replied at the same time. "Um well...okay." Shy responed unsure. She was not really the talkivtive type much, but she really had nothing to do at the moment, which is why she agreed. So while Gina looked and Shy waited, they chatted.

"Please excuse me for my staring. I must be feeling rather wary." Gina said, moving from shelf to shelf. "Oh it's okay. I was just wodnering if you were okay is all." Shy replied, feeling relived that the owner was okay. She was, however, now curious of the asortment of antiques she had on that one shelf. She wasn't sure it was polite to ask though, so she decided to keep the thought to herself. Gina,however, seemed to have sensed her thoughts.

"If you are wondering about my antiques, you cna come into my tent of mystic tricks. Not only do I run a shop, but I can tell you your fate with luck." Said Gina, moving to another shelf. Shy was shocked by this statement. Did...did Gina just read her mind? No...it must have just been a lucky guess on her part. Shy thought. She then proceded to respond to the last part of her statement. "No sorry. I'm okay for now. I'd like to not know my fate right now." She said, scarred of what her fate might be or could be. "Okay then. No problem" Gina said, placing the herbs on the counter. "Okay, how much?" Shy asked, taking out her money purse. But before should could get it out..... " Do not worry. You do not have to pay. Zecora is a personal friend of mine. It is free of charge for her. I owed her a favor anyways." Gina said with a smile. " Oh thank you!" Shy said happily and with a smile. She put the herbs in her basket and troted away. Halfway out of the Market place, though, she wondered why Angel had been so quiet. She looked inside her basket, and then giggled. Angel must have fallen fast asleep halfway here, because he was snoring slightyly like a baby. He looks so cute when he's asleep! She thought. Then she continued the walk to her cottage.

Shy arrived at the cottage as the sun was high in the sky. Some of the animals were outside playing in the sun, while others were just relaxing. One partiuclar turtle was wearing some red sungalsses and stilling on a small rock, as if getting a tan. She smiled at this sight and then opened the door. As she walked inside,she saw most of the nighttime animals trying to hide from the sunlight. A possom was teaching some young ones how to play dead, although it may have been teaching a bit too dramaticly,as one would in a theater. Shy walked over to Angel's bed and opened the basket. she carfully took him out, being sure not to wake him. He had been such a good help latelt and hy thought he deserved a rest. She places a blanket ontop of him, then went into the kitchen to make him a sundae for when he wakes,incase he is hungry. Then she walked out her door, carfully closing it behind, and made her way to the forest entrance/ Halway there, she stopped. Was something watching her from the forest? She felt like something was, but after a while, she dismissed it as her imagination and continued into the Everfree.

Author's Note:

Wow that took a while for me to finish. All together i've been working on this from 3 am last week to whenever i uploaded it. (Sleep? Saneity? What are those?? Sorry,never heard of them.) I got this idea when I saw the cover pic and "A canterlot Wedding" was on at the invasion part. Then this idea jsut poped into my mind! (You'll see what i'm talking abotu in later chapters.) Also, I'm putting this into chapters for many reasons. One, I can't do all that in one night, and since i'm very forgetful, I probally would have forgoten about this in the morning. Two, it's better for my schedule in real life (Yes, I have a life outside the internet. Shocking coming from a technogeek girl right? Wrong.) And, three, I jsut think it would be better for my story if I want to add some side scenes for the story as to why some chracters are there. Now if you exscue me, I have to face some screamers and play Luna Games in one shot.
Looks like nightmares for me tonight! *Psyhco-happy-killing face.*