• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,502 Views, 10 Comments

Discord and the Dimension of Chaos - Spirit Chaser



Discord creates his own dimension, just because he can. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
3
 10
 1,502

Dimensions and Sidekicks

"This. Is. Boring." Discord complained as he crossed his arms in frustration.

"Discord!" Princess Celestia shouted over to the towering creature to the left of her. "You must learn to listen, Shine Kicker here just asked you something and you didn't even hear her."

They both looked down at the peach-colored Earth mare kneeling at the steps of the throne.

"Ugh, fine. I'm sorry my dear but I need you to repeat yourself." Discord bowed only half sincerely.

"Oh, sorry Mr. Discord," Shine Kicker apologized politely. "I merely asked if you could make these boots mud proof, you see I just spent my last bit on them and it would be a shame if-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, here you are!" Discord over-dramatically snapped his fingers at Shine Kicker's stylish blue boots which produced a giant purple smoke cloud that when cleared appeared as if it hadn't done anything.

"There you go, 100% mud, dirt, water, fire and most of whatever-else-Pinkie-Pie-will-throw-at-you proof." Discord insisted as he teleported behind her.

"Who's... ah it doesn't matter! Thanks ever so much!" Shine Kicker bowed once more, then galloped out of the palace,

"What exactly did you do to those boots?" Celestia asked patiently as she rose slightly from her throne.

"Oh a little of this, a little of that." Discord remarked as he conjured what looked like a cup of tea out of midair.

Celestia narrowed her eyes.

"Please, if I can withstand a Pegasus' set of disapproving eyeballs, what makes you think-"

Celestia flowed light gold magic through her horn.

"When was the last time you even cast an actually harmful-"

A scroll and quill floated into the room shrouded in the same color as Celestia's horn. Smirking, Celestia brought the quill and scroll over her face and began writing out loud "Dearest Fluttershy-"

Realizing what was happening, Discord made the cup evaporate and floated back over to Celestia "Maybe you're not that boring after all Celestia, fine, the boots actually absorb all those materials I mentioned, eventually making them big balls of chaos! HAHAHA- ahem, I mean, I can fix it."

"Discord!"

"What?! They won't be dirty, but if they absorb too much material they may explode... but I doubt she could really be that careless-" The rest of Discord's sentence was cut off by the sound of a very soft explosion in the background.

The castle doors opened and sure enough, in walked Shine Kicker, covered in mud and boot strands.

"Um, I think there was a slight malfunction, ahem, Your Majesty." Shine Kicker attempted to say with a straight face.

"My dearest apologies, Discord! Conjure up some mud proof boots, and do it right this time please." Celestia stared.

With a huff, Discord snapped his fingers and a pair of actually mud proof boots appeared in a purple puff of smoke and drifted down to Shine Kicker's hoofs.

"There you go my dear, so sorry for the last pair, but you know how unstable magic can be." Discord summoned a halo above his head and clapped his hands together.

"Yes, well thank you again." Without another word, Shine Kicker picked up the boots with her teeth and trotted through the castle doors.

Celestia laid her head down and let a sigh escape "Discord, you may be a spirit of chaos, but you still must behave yourself. You must control your natural desire to cause even the slightest bit of chaos, and genuinely try to solve the problems of the townspeople. Am I clear?"

"Oh and I was wrong! You're still boring!" Discord conjured up his own throne and sat on it. "Let me ask you something, princess, when do I get to have any fun, huh? When does Discord get to boogie?!" As if on cue, Discord turned the castle room into a dance floor, complete with a disco ball and disco outfit.

With one mean glance from Celestia, Discord turned everything back to normal, except the disco ball.

"This is the kind of nonsense I'm referring to, you can't resist any opportunity to cause chaos can you?" Celestia narrowed her eyes once more.

Discord morphed onto the glass prophecy once again. "Well, of course I can't! Or did you already forget who I am?"

The castle doors flew open once again and the royal guards flooded in. "Princess Celestia, the other townspeople are wondering if they can come in now."

"Tell them I'm sorry, but I don't think Discord is up to the task at the moment." Said Celestia as she glared at the still glass Discord.

"Fine! If that's how you're gonna play it, then Discord is out!" Discord shouted as he disappeared from the window and from the room in general.

The guards immediately went into- well- guard mode. "Your Majesty, should we go after him?"

"That won't be necessary, he wouldn't dare try anything to jeopardize his friendship with Fluttershy, but do try to keep an eye out, some of those ponies have serious needs." Celestia ordered.

The guards saluted and galloped out of the room, all except for her personal guards. Celestia sat her rump down into her throne and closed her eyes. Oh, Discord she thought, What next?


Who needs order anyway? Discord thought as he flew deeper into the forest close to the castle. Making sense was soooo boring. He missed the days when he could snap his fingers and everything around him just fell apart. Of course, Discord still had the power to do that, but if he did, he could lose his best friend and as much as he hated to admit it, he wouldn't let that happen. He stared at the ground as he flew, wondering what to do next. He paid so much attention to the ground that he didn't notice the giant rock he flew right into.

"Dumb old rock." Discord muttered as he snapped the rock away.

As soon as the rock disappeared into thin air, he continued to hover into the forest. It was so easy to make things go away, but so hard to make things stay, things always seem to be changing. He stared down at his own hands- paws- claws. Where do things that he snaps away go? The question almost made Discord fall to the ground in confusion. He scratched his head, he had never really wondered that before, it always seemed so... unimportant.

Discord moved his arms through the air as if to detect some sort of magical residue in the air, and continued for about a minute... before he remembered he was Discord after all and simply transported himself to wherever the rock went. When he reopened his eyes, the first thing that he noticed was that there was white everywhere. In fact the whole place was white space, except for a few spots where his transported objects had fallen.

Overall Discord was impressed that he had access to this place. Sure it was just a big empty dimension, but it was somewhere he could finally escape Princess Borelestia and her army of fun-haters. Discord decided to quickly scan the place just in case and when he did he found that this place was actually made of energy similar to the kind he could manipulate. At first this meant nothing, but then an idea formed in his head.

Discord focused on one single white spot, which was insanely difficult in this place, closed his eyes and concentrated. He imagined something that Fluttershy would like to be. He heard a magical sound and opened his eyes. Right where there had only been white, there was now a lovely pink and yellow tree. It worked! Then again, was there ever any doubt, in fact, he probably didn't even need to close his eyes! Concentrating was for ponies. He was the King of Chaos after all.

Discord focused on another spot of pure white and simply snapped his fingers, instantly, a big rock sprung out of the ground. This was amazing! Of course he had limited control over the world, but it was nothing compared to his control over this dimension! In a surge of power, he snapped in all directions, laughing like a maniac as he did so. The dimension easily bent to his will, trees sprung everywhere, streets paved themselves and best of all, statues of Discord himself rose from the ground, each doing a different pose.

This was great, fantastic even, but he still felt like something was missing, something important. He snapped his fingers as he realized what was wrong and accidentally created a fountain of water to burst from the ground. Smiling in embarrassment, Discord snapped away the water and concentrated on his new project, one that he didn't have much experience in. He had to manipulate a large concentration of energy in here to achieve this feat, but he tried it anywhere.

First he swirled the energy in the base of the body itself, then he worked on creating the legs for his creation, then the head, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, organs and everything else that went into a pony. (He wasn't an egghead.) When he was done he backed away from his still glowing masterpiece, this truly was his greatest creation... if it was alive.

"Please excuse me if I bother you but I was just wondering if you could breathe." Discord called over to the immobile creature.

No response.

"You know, it's rude to ignore other people." Discord called once more.

Still no response. Discord morphed into a hydra and screeched as loud as he could into the ear of the unconscious pony. Not even a stir. Discord morphed back to his normal (at least as normal as Discord can get) form, hovered onto the rock and sighed. "Oh it's no use, I'll never wake that ungrateful little pony."

"Who's there?!" The formerly unconscious colt shouted as he flew on his feet.

Discord yelped in surprise and fell on his back.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" Asked the colt as he raced over to Discord.

Discord soared into the air laughing like a maniac once again. "Okay kid. you get props for surprising me, but if you ever play dead again, I'll hand you over to Pinkamena."

"Oh, I wasn't playing, my body was starting up all my new organs and functions- wait, who's... Pinkamena?" The colt responded with a confused expression.

"Uhhh- so I see you have a cutie mark! Let me see here... HAHAHAHAHA!" Discord immediately started crackling when he saw the mark on the young colt's flank.

"What? What is... are you kidding me?!" On the colt's flank was a portrait of Discord's claw giving the thumbs up signal.

Discord stopped laughing long enough to transport behind the colt. "That's too rich! You're special talent in life was being created by me! HAHA! It's just too much!"

"Ugh, I can't believe this, well the least you can do for me now is give me a name!" The colt demanded.

Discord abruptly stopped laughing and began examining the colt. He was an Earth pony with red eyes and a dark blue mane, his colors didn't seem to match too well, but he was the result of chaos after all.

"Hmm, how about Snare Trap?" Discord offered.

"But, that has nothing to do with me." He responded.

"Exactly, glad we had this talk Snare. Now if you don't mind, we have a lot of chaos to create in our brand new dimension!" Discord shouted to the heavens.

"Who are you yelling at?" Snare Trap asked.

"Who cares?" Discord asked as he flew forward and motioned Snare Trap to follow.

This was the start of a beautiful partnership... and chaos, don't forget the chaos.

Author's Note:

This won't end well, what did you guys think of the first chapter?