• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 3,782 Views, 56 Comments

Ghostrider seeker of revenge - DemonOJM

  • ...
11
 56
 3,782

Chapter 3 First appearance of the Ghostrider

The DJ played music an incredibly high volume, the rhythmic beat filling up the entire room.

At one of the loudspeakers there was a Diamond Dog. He had grey fur like most Diamond Dogs, but the fur on his head was black and long like a mane. He wore a black vest, and on his arms there were black bands with spikes.

Soul Chain approached the Diamond Dog, and out of curiosity asked, “What are you doing?”

The Diamond Dog stopped working for a second to look at Soul Chain. “My name is Eddie Riggs, and I'm Vinyl Scratch’s roadie. I’m just finishing setting all the speakers up.”

Soul Chain´s eyes grew wide with surprise. “You can talk normally!”

“Yeah well, when you spend as much time around ponies as I have, you start to talk like them.”

Soul Chain nodded his head. “I see. Well, you’re doing a great job, but I don’t want to hold you up. See you around.”

As Soul Chain walked away, he heard the Diamond Dog mutter something like, “No rock & roll, what a drag.”
He just shrugged it off as he decided it was time to check out the dessert table.



As Soul Chain ate a cupcake that tasted like it came straight from the Elysian Fields, he noticed three fillies staring at his cutie mark. “Is there anything I can help you with?” He asked.

The three fillies instantly surrounded him.

“Hi mah name is Apple Bloom,”

“And I´m Scootaloo,”

“And I´m Sweetie Bell.”

“And together we're the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!!!”

After checking to make sure his ear hadn’t fallen off, Soul Chain asked, “And what do you want from me?”

“We want to know what your cutie mark means!” Scootaloo said as all three pointed to his cutie mark.

“Well, it means I'm good with two elemental magics, steel and fire. I guess an easier way to say it is that I’m a blacksmith. So... what’s a Cutie Mark Crusader?”

“Oh! The Cutie Mark Crusaders is a club that we try to find out special talents!” Applebloom excitedly told him.

“But we’re still looking.” Sweetie Belle added.

“Well, you'll find your cutie marks soon enough.”

“Uhh why does every adult say that!” Scootaloo said as she rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, the music stopped. Vinyl made an announcement once everyone had quieted down.“Hi everypony, I would like you to introduce you all to my roadie, Eddie Riggs. He’s going to play a song now while I take a break. So without any interruption EDDIE RIGGS!!!”

The Diamond Dog walked up to a mic with a guitar in his hands. “This song is called “Roadie

He started to play.

Well it's 3pm time to look the gear

Got to get it on the stage

My muscles flex

My bucking sweat will save the day

When I check the mic

I bucking check the mic

I bucking checka checka one two three

I plug it in

I make a sound as good as it can be

Cause rockers rock

But the roadies roll

Got to take the mic you got to take control

Got to get that shit upon that bucking stage

Cause the roadie know what the roadie knows

And the roadie knows that he wears black clothes

And he hides off in the shadows off the stage

Because the roadie

Looks a thousand miles with his eyes

And when the crowd roars

Brings a teardrop to the roadies eyes

Tears of pride!

Because if watch you the show

But you will never know

He’s changing the strings

While hiding in the winds

No matter ha-ha-how

The show must go on

I'm standing at the threshold of your dreams

Without me there'd be no sound from those amps!

Without me there'd be no lights on the stage!

But you don't applaud for me!

No!

I am the roadie

Lonesome warrior searching for his sword

No!

I am the roadie

I make the rock go!

Roadie!

Roadie!

Roadie!

At the end of the song, Eddie looked over the crowd and said, “And this everypony is bucking rock & roll!”

Some ponies looked confused, but most stomped their hooves in approval.

“I didn't know that some brutish Diamond Dog was going to sing, and in such a vulgar tone too!” Rarity said indignantly in the background.

“I think it was awesome!” Rainbow Dash responded.

A pink earth pony stormed in and screamed, “There’s a pack of Diamond Dogs on the outskirts of Ponyville and they’re attacking ponies!!!”

Twilight took a step forward and proclaimed, “I think we may know these Diamond Dogs, come on girls lets move!” The six mares ran towards the outskirts of Ponyville where the Diamond Dogs were, and in the shadows Soul Chain followed.



The mane six quickly found the Diamond Dogs and saw that they had just buried somepony to their neck.

"There the dumb ponies are, now you will suffer!"

Twilight retorted, "I don't think so." She concentrated and tried to cast a spell, but nothing happened. "WHAT!? Why why won’t my magic work?"

"Dumb pony! This time we’re prepared. We've got a crystal that stops pony magic!"

"Magic shmagic.” Rainbow Dash said. “Let's do it the hard way." She jumped up to charge toward the trio of Diamond Dogs, but instead of flying she fell flat on her face.

"Rainbow, the ability to fly is actually a type of magic!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Yeah, chicken pony can't fly without pony magic. Now ponies will suffer and dig gems for us!"

"Well it's time to solve this problem by-." A diamond dog threw a glibbery substance at Rarity’s muzzle before she could finish. "Hmmmh, hmmm hmm !" She couldn't say a word.

"We didn’t forget Miss. Rarity's whining!"



Soul Chain watched the scenario unfold from behind a tree. Deciding it was time to act, the unicorn teleported himself into the Everfree forest. His eyes turned black as his mane and tail began to burn. Two skeleton wings erupted from his back, and his flesh turned into chains and a black breast harness. The Ghostrider stood in his full burning glory in the Everfree forest as he let a primal roar.

The Diamond Dogs looked nervously at each other. Fluttershy fainted as they all looked into the Everfree forest. Above the forest, black thunder clouds had formed and were rapidly getting closer. Lightning flashed and the form of a pony was visible for a split second.

Then the form flew down, landing in front of the diamond dogs. In a deep, raspy voice, he asked, “Now who has been a naughty dog?”

“We don't fear you! We have a crystal that stops pony magic!”

"That makes my skin crawl. Oh wait, I don't have skin !" answered the Ghostrider with a sarcastic statement.

“Well your crystal may be able to nullify pony magic, but my flames are part of my body. They cannot be extinguished, and the same goes for my chains!”

The Ghost Rider's chains wrapped around the Diamond Dogs’ torsos and necks. They moved without any magic, as if they were simply another arm. He pulled the Diamond Dogs close to his face. “I will now judge you to see how you should be punished for your sins.” His eyes looked straight into them.

He saw every sin they had ever committed, but as he did so, he also remembered Eddie. It seemed not all Diamond Dogs were bad. It was possible these three could change their ways.

“Ok, I’ll give you all one chance to run away and change your way of life, or the next time I find you, I'll burn your souls for all eternity!” The chains started to ease from their bodies, and the big Diamond Dog took the opportunity to bite at one, shattering all of his teeth. Ghost Rider roared. “Now you'll be an example of what happens to anyone who opposes me! LOOK INTO MY EYES!”

His eyes began to burn and shoot flames toward the the diamond dog. “Now suffer for your sins, for all of the innocents you've done wrong, and feel the PAIN!” As he said that, the Diamond Dog yelped. He saw everypony he had enslaved, and everything he had ever done wrong. His eyes turned into nothing but glowing coals. The dog fell to the ground, motionless. Everypony was shocked as the other two Diamond Dogs just whimpered.

“He is not dead, but his soul burns. He now lives in an eternal nightmare. Now take him and flee you fools, before you feel my wrath too!” The dogs grabbed their fallen comrade and ran into the woods of the Everfree forest. The crystal that stopped pony magic now laid on the ground, left behind in the Diamond Dogs’ rush to get away. The Ghost Rider stomped on it, shattering the jewel.

As the Ghost Rider made his way back to the Everfree Forest, he was surrounded by a purple aura.

“Impressive magic little one, but it´s no match for me.” As he said that, his flames burned through the magic aura.

“Please wait! I have so many questions!” Twilight pleaded.

“There is nothing I have to say to you except for this; I'll be watching over your town now, for it is near the gates of tartarus.”

Rainbow Dash flew straight at him. “Wait! Who do you think you are not answering our questions?” She poked him, and as a result burned her hoof. “Ouch! Didn't your parents teach you not to play with fire?”

“Be patient and the answers will come. Maybe you can ask Celestia in the meantime.” As he said these words, he disappeared into the forest.

Twilight sighed. “Come on girls, let´s wake up Fluttershy and go back to the library. I have a very important letter to send to the princess.”

Author's Note:

Special thanks to my proofreader JeffCvt and for the one who get all the reference get´s a mustache