• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 404 Views, 2 Comments

Changeling Love - ju44



In a very parallel universe, the changelings took over Canterlot. They have spread to the rest of Equestria. What happens now?

  • ...
 2
 404

Changeling Confusion

You could feel the happiness going through your veins at the site of the last known pony dying. This particular pony was the one who nearly stopped Canterlot from being conquered, and nearly killed you. She was a unicorn with a lavender coat. You didn't know the color of her tail and mane, because the Queen already cut those off before this. You saw the death in detail. It ended with the Queen herself eating her heart. You enjoyed these executions extremely, but sometimes they were off changelings in hiding that didn't get the news, and therefor you occasionally saw changelings without a limb in that center who simply remark, "Dang news! Never reaches some of us!" But, nonetheless, this was a pony execution, and the last one. You couldn't wait to have the news of what place you would be the Imperial Noble of, being a general in the Hive. You laughed and went outside to go to your hole.



When you go to the hole, you noticed a spot of hot pink near the rim of it that, but it bolted down before you could even take a step closer. You immediately decided to investigate. After all, changelings could be free now; why would they pretend to be a pink pony? "It must be something else," you reasoned. You turned into a black liquid and went into the hole, and reformed. You noticed a shape, a pony like shape. It had a hot pink mane and tail, which were very, very straightened, with a pink coat. It seemed to have a balloon 'cutie mark', as you heard they were called. Though, it was covered in blood. You shivered as it turned its head around, and you saw it had tiny pupils.

"Helllloooo, frriiiieeennnddd, aaaarrreee yoooouuu Mr. Caaaaaake?" it greeted you. You shook your head. "Ooooh, weeeelllll I'm Piiiiiinkiiiieeee Piiiieee," it continued. "Wait ... isn't she supposed to be dead?" you thought, but then realized that she was considered missing from Equestria, or as it was now called, Changelands. Suddenly, it twitched its head up, and took out a knife and lunged towards you. Your instincts gave you a high reaction speed, and so you immediately turned into a parasprite before she could strike you, causing her to miss. Then you turned into a manticore and started to lunge forward, but then the pony dropped the knife, causing you to nearly step on it, and ran away. You wondered what this whole thing was about, but luckily she left your hole by now. Your closest friend, who lived with you, then entered, surprised at first, but then you changed back.

"What has been happening, Hive brother?" he said, in an attempt to speak; changelings take a long time to learn to speak, and this one took particularly long, saying its first sentence that made sense ten years ago. He had, luckily, learned quite fast in comparison after that.

"Hmm ... not much, I suppose," you responded.

"Do you wish to know the place of which you will be Imperial Noble of, Hive brother?" asked he. "They've already decided? Tell me please!" you exclaimed.

"The area which used to be the place known as Trottingham is now yours to rule over, Hive brother," answered your friend. You felt great at this; that place was amazing compared to some other places.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, my friend!" you praised. He simply nodded. "I shall have to go their now!" you announced, and then you launched into the air, happy to be an Imperial Noble of such a cultured place. When you were flying, you spotted the pink pony again as a blob, running through a forest that you were over now. You felt ... confused now, almost as if you didn't know whether you hated the pony or not, whether to tell the other important changelings or not. "But, of course, you have to hate her and tell those in charge! This is a pony we're thinking about!" one part of your mind said, but the other was more passive and said, "No ... we can just ignore it." You shook your head and continued flying to the place, which you decided to rename to 'Shapeford'. "Nice name," the side of your mind that didn't come up with that thought. You couldn't wait to rule.