• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 510 Views, 2 Comments

Revenge of the Timberwolves - walkingpony014



A plan years in the making, has sprung but can everyone survive the aftermath of an overturned kingdom

  • ...
6
 2
 510

Prologue

Three weeks has passed since Applejack had saved Spike from three timberwolves, showing his gratitude he offered his life to serve her for the rest of his life. Although, Applejack never really wanted his services so when she actually had him do work it would result in some sort of disaster.

Applejack had enough of Spike’s help so with the help from her friends Applejack planned to fake a timberwolve attack where spike would save her from doom and they can call it even. To everyone’s surprise the attack became real as the same three timberwolves that had attacked Spike before appeared.

Quickly thinking on her hooves Applejack climbed a small hill of rocks, once she reached the top she pushed a giant boulder off rolling into the three timberwolves that were chasing Spike. Applejack had once again saved Spike from danger but as soon as Spike gave Applejack the thumbs up the rocks underneath her gave way causing her to fall down with a big thud and rocks falling on one of her hind legs trapping her.

No matter what she did she couldn’t set herself free at the same time the three timberwolves were slowly merging into one giant timberwolve. As terrified as Spike was he couldn’t abandon Applejack so he ran in between the giant and Applejack with a rock in hand and without any hesitation he quickly launched it into the timberwolves throat which caused the giant to start choking. As it was choking he started to fall apart pieces of timber and wood alike landed next to Spike. Quickly picking up a twig he jammed it in between the rock and Applejack’s hoof, using all of his strength Spike managed to lift the rock a little allowing Applejack to pull herself free. As soon as she was free they both hightailed it out of there not looking back or noticing that the giant timberwolve had just exploded.

When everything had quieted down a shadow started to form and once the bright rays of the sun shined on its body revealed it to be another timberwolve, but this one was different its body was covered with holes that when it breathed out the horrid smell that came from a timberwolve escaped from the holes, there is also a large scar that runs around his jaw down to his throat. This damaged timberwolve had witness the spectacle in front of him yet never lifted a wooden paw to help; in fact he had a wide smirk on his face almost as if he was pleased by this.

He slowly made his way to the area where Applejack was trapped and moved the debris around before he found what he was looking for a lock of a blonde mane. He picked it up with his teeth and made his way back through the darkness of the Everfree forest disappearing from sight.

A week has passed and the residents of Ponyville started to hear howling in the middle of the night and not knowing what it was or that it was coming from the Everfree forest caused them to worry. Most ponies have taken precautions by changing their fouls curfew, barricading their windows, and placing extra locks onto their doors. Many have claimed that the howls get louder and closer after each passing night although there has yet to be any sign of where the origination of the howl in Ponyville.

The unicorn named Twilight Sparkle organized a search crew to go into the forest seeing that many ponies were scared she volunteered herself to go into the Everfree forest soon more ponies started to volunteer consisting of her friends and other Pegasus, unicorns, and earth ponies. Twilight took a day to organize the ponies but had told them to be prepared within two days.

Morning came and everyone was astonished that the howl as mysterious as it had started had just stopped and then the next day was the same a peaceful sound night. Some ponies had backed out into going into the forest since most believed that it was all over Twilight, her friends, and others still ventured and came back in the late afternoon empty hoof finding nothing out of the ordinary well out of the ordinary in the forest. As soon as they gave up in searching the forest for the mysterious howl peaceful nights came again and soon everyone in Ponyville returned to their normal every day routine.



“Oh Applejack you’ve made me so happy, I can’t believe how much our lives have changed together”

“Ah know Shy; I’ve always wahndered how ah managed without you but now that were together it feels right when ah say this”

“What is it Applejack”

“Ah love you”


Before Applejack could hear a response the rising sun had finally penetrated through her apple decorated curtains and woke her from her dream.

Really, why couldn’t Princess Celestia hold off in lifting the dang sun, oh well it was just a dream it…it’s just why can’t ah tell Shy how I really feel bout. Last week would have been the perfect time to tell her when all that howling scared her out of her home, poor Shy she was so scared to sleep and even more frightened when we went into that forest but at least she was able to get over it when she spent a few nights with me…ah might as well get up got so many chores and apple bucking t’day

Before Applejack got out of bed she lay still for a few more minutes starring at her wooden ceiling thinking to herself, “Why do ah feel this way about her” she knew Fluttershy was beautiful there was no question about that, but she didn’t fully understand what exactly made her feel the way she felt about her, was it because both of them were in tuned with the land seeing that Fluttershy was good with animals and Applejack was good with the land itself. All Applejack knew was that after every adventure they’ve been through together when everypony had lost faith in Fluttershy, she would in the end would surprise them all by saving the day, she just couldn’t shake the feeling that all she cared about was that she loves that Pegasus.

Applejack groggily got up giving a loud yawn before she tied her mane and tail with the bands she normally wears and before she walked out of her room she picked up her brown Stetson placing it atop of her head before making her way downstairs.

It didn’t take long before she heard hoofsteps coming from the stairs and judging by the sound of those steps she knew it was her older brother Big Macintosh.

As he reached the bottom of the steps he was greeted with a “Good Morning” originating from the kitchen knowing that voice he responded back.

“Good Morning Aj you getting breakfast ready”

“Yes sir, do you mind feeding the animal’s real quick while ah set up ah’ll call you it’s ready.”

“Nope” was all that Applejack had heard after she heard the front door creak open and slowly close.

It didn’t take long for her to set up the table before she heard more hoofsteps coming down the stairs it was Granny Smith and next to her was Applejack’s little sister Applebloom. By the looks of it Applebloom looks like she still wanted to be in bed since she had her blanket, red eyes and a very frizzy mane not to mention her constant yawning. Applejack could do nothing but chuckle to herself before she headed outside to call her brother in for breakfast.

Breakfast went off as it normally did, the family going over the days agenda before they all set off into different directions. Applebloom and Granny Smith would worked around the house and barn, while Big Mac worked plowed the fields before he would take the apples cart into the town to set up shop, meanwhile Applejack would make her way to the southernmost field where most of her day would be spent bucking trees for apples.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in a small cottage not too far off from Sweet Apple Acres lives Fluttershy a timid yellow Pegasus with a long pink mane and tail still fast asleep enjoying her dream,

“Umm… Applejack”

“Yeah Shy”

“Thank you”

“Thank you for what Shy”

“For… um...always being there for me when I truly need it… I mean every time I’m with you I feel um… more confident maybe not like you, but It’s just that you’re the only pony I need in my life and I love you Applejack”

“Well you don’t have to thank me for anything sugarcube, you know ah’ll always be there for you, and Shy”

“Yes Applejack”

“Ah love you too”

The sun glowed through Fluttershy’s little window thus waking her up from her slumber happy yet sad, sad because it was all just a dream.

Fluttershy slowly got up and sat on her bed while she examined the room like she was looking for something but her gaze led nowhere as she was just recollecting her thoughts.

Ok it was only just a dream but that still doesn’t mean I can’t tell her what I think of her… ok maybe not just yet I’m just worried what she’ll think of me after and I don’t want anything to get in between us and I definitely don’t want to lose her, if only it was easier to tell her, if only I knew if she felt the same way about me. If I wasn’t so scared when all that howling started I could of told her, it was nice of her to invite me over and even nicer not to fall sleep until I fell asleep and when she helped me get through in the Everfree forest gosh why am I so afraid. Ok well I guess it’s time to get up and feed all of my little friends, I know I thanked her already and she says it’s ok but I think she’ll appreciate it when I bring her a thank you cupcake for all that she’s done for me. Although I still have some shopping to do so I don’t think I’ll be seeing her until late in the afternoon I hope she’s not too busy.

Fluttershy headed for the kitchen and was getting breakfast started turning back and forth between feeding her friends and making sure that she wasn’t going to be eating a burned breakfast. Although, there were no mistakes having years of doing the same routine over and over every morning.

In the corner of the kitchen she heard a slight tapping noise; she turned around only to see it was her rabbit named Angel who was still tapping his foot on the floor with a disappointed look on his face. Fluttershy thought over what was wrong when she noticed he didn’t have his carrot anymore which made the gears in her head finally move

“Oh I’m sorry Angel, but did you want another carrot”

All Angel did was shook his head up and down without letting his disappointed look fade away until he got what he wanted; Fluttershy reached into her drawer and pulled out a big carrot, bigger than Angel himself. Angel’s disappointed face soon disappeared and his mouth began to drool uncontrollably. Fluttershy handed the carrot to him and smile but let out a small gasp seeing how fast Angel had finished his carrot before running off.

After breakfast was done, her daily chores done Fluttershy left Angel in charge of taking care of everything while she was gone. Fluttershy close her door and took the path that would lead her into Ponyville. Once at the top of the hill she took a moment to look past her cottage and into the Everfree forest feeling that something was wrong feeling her stomach turn but she thought to herself that there was probably nothing to be worried about so she continued down the path to Ponyville.

As Fluttershy got out of view the bushes near the forest started to shake and a little brown rabbit had jumped out sprinting to anyplace that meant out of the forest. The rabbit eventually found its way to Fluttershy’s cottage.

Author's Note:

Like I said My first fic I will appreciate any feedback and I'm still new to this so the tags I put might not make sense so I apologize ahead of time.