• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 1,811 Views, 74 Comments

Portal 42 - Paradox



short description ftl

  • ...
2
 74
 1,811

Chapter 5

(Chris)

So I was dragging Tyler by the tail (using my magic of course) because I didn't want him to break our cover again. He of course complained a bit just to annoy me, but when he found that it wasn't working, he shut up and I let go of his tail.

"Thanks," he said.

"You're welcome, now don't do anything like that again," I replied.

"Fine, as long as you don't drag me by my tail again. It hurts and it doesn't feel very nice being dragged along the ground." I snickered a bit then turned toward Sugarcube Corner. I opened the door and walked inside with Tyler close behind. Suddenly, as if she popped out of the floor, Pinkie Pie was standing right in front of us.

"Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie! Who are you? Are you new in town? I haven't seen you two before. I know everypony in Ponyville so that must mean that you're new! I need to get started on a welcome party right away!" she said, all of it very quickly without even pausing for breath. Tyler was actually laughing at the look of surprise on my face as Pinkie bounced (yes she was bouncing just like the time she was following Rainbow Dash) out of the room.

"On second thought, I think going to Princess Celestia would've been a better idea," I said.

"Come on, it's a Pinkie Pie party! We'll never get a chance like this again," Tyler replied.

"Fine, but don't do anything stupid."

"When do I ever do anything stupid?" I glared at him, but he still managed to maintain a stupid grin.

"Let's just find something to do while we wait," I said.

"Maybe we could talk to Storm Shadow," he suggested.

"No, we don't need you breaking our cover in front of a pegasus who shouldn't even exist!"

"Okay, jeez man you need to calm down. You're starting to remind me of Twilight from Lesson Zero."

"Don't you remember what happened in Through the Eyes of Another Pony?" I asked.

"Yeah, but that's just a fic."

"So was Mysterious Newcomer! But now it turns out Storm Shadow is real! Wait a minute..." I said. A scowl formed on my face as I heard a small giggle from behind me.

"I should've known you would be following us Final Hour." A black unicorn materialized and laughed at us.

"I thought you would never catch on," she said.

"What do you want?" asked Tyler.

"All I wanted was to give you motivation to keep writing. Showing you that Storm Shadow is real helps a lot. Though I didn't plan on your friend here managing to get through the portal before the spell wore off."

"I'm full of surprises," Tyler said, a grin spreading across his face.

"Great," I said. "Now can we go home?" I didn't really want to be stuck here forever.

"Oh I'm afraid I can't do that. The only way back would be to die."

"Why do we have to die!?" I asked.

"It's the way the spell works. You get teleported to this world and you get back when something kills you."

"I'm sure Arcane would be happy to oblige," Tyler suggested.

"No, I am not going anywhere near Arcane. I created him and I know how his mind works. He would rather have us imprisoned and torture us slowly."

"Jeez, you need to relax Paradox," Final Hour said. "I know just the thing." With a grin that I didn't like one bit, her horn glowed and a beam of magic hit me in the chest. As the glow faded, Tyler suddenly burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I snapped.

"She turned you into a mare!" he managed to say. I looked in a nearby window and he was right. A mare version of myself stared back from the glass.

"Not funny FH!" I snapped.

"Really? Your friend here seems to find it hilarious," she said with a chuckle. "I think I'll leave you like that for the rest of the day."

"Don't you dare."

"Oh, I dare," she said as she vanished in a flash of light.

"Great, now I have to spend the rest of the day as a mare."

"On the bright side, you look very pretty," Tyler said (one of these days, I'm gonna strangle him).

"Let's just get out of here," I said.

"Okay, I can think of a new name for you while we do that."