• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 873 Views, 21 Comments

Fighting the Shadows - Goodbye1234567890



A sequal to The Cloud Of Dusk, five years later

  • ...
9
 21
 873

Chapter 4: A lost Hope Found

We were surrounded and hopelessly outnumbered. Hundreds of pairs of eyes were staring evilly at us, waiting to strike. We all huddled close, Twinkle in the center, as far away from the menacing eyes as possible. I glanced over at Pyro, who had lost his fiery attitude and was shaking like a leaf in a very strong wind. In fact the only one who wasn't shaking was Twinkle.

"Welcome back Sparx," said a very familiar evil voice, "I've been waiting."

A few lights came on revealing so many Shadow Ponies that, even with the lights on, the room looked pitch black. Standing right in front of us was Shadow Blade, the leader of the Shadow Ponies. Behind him were nine ponies hanging from the ceiling with hooks in their hind legs. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Uncle Morning, Aunty Scootaloo, and my Mom and Dad. I couldn't do anything but stare in horror at the site I was witnessing. I heard gasps and sobbing from the other five with me. I felt a small body push past me. It was Twinkle, she was showing absolutely no fear, no emotion. She calmly walked up to Shadow, until she was only a foot away from him. I saw her lips move, but I couldn't hear what she said.

"What was that?" Shadow asked, not hearing it either.

"YOU BUCKING BASTARD!" Twinkle screamed.

At first he looked surprised and confused, then he brought a hoof up into the air and brought it down at full force at her tiny fragile head. Every pony looked away, even the other Shadow Ponies. There was a loud crack and the sound of a body falling to the floor.









Silence















I looked up to see Twinkle, still standing, with a bloody hoof. She spat on the bloody body of Shadow Blade and said, "don't touch my family again."

I was staring, along with everypony else in the room, open mouthed at the very surprising scene (minus, of course, the nine unconscious ponies hanging from the ceiling). Twinkle looked around the room, her eyes filled with rage. All of the Shadow Ponies fled the room in true terror of the small four-human-year-old filly. Thunder flew up with Bell and they carefully removed the nine ponies from the hooks. He set them down on the ground. I heard a cough and a moan. Shadow Blade was getting up, after Twinkle smashed his head open! Really? I thought as I walked over to him.

"I... I will kill you all!" he rasped. his face was completely covered in blood.

"I highly doubt that," I said in disgust, "you were just killed by a four year old," I crushed his head with my hoof, "pathetic," deep down, I knew he would be back.

We waited for a while, tending to the wounds of the nine. Slowly they all woke up in immense pain. The one who screamed loudest was Fluttershy. Pyro must have heard a sound, because he turned around and the air turned warm.

"No, please, don't hurt me. I'm not one of them," she said.

A unicorn stepped out of the shadows. She was a dark maroon with a dark blond mane and tail. She was tall, but she looked like she was about my age.

"Please, let me help. I have no idea how I got here, but please let me help," she said shakily after seeing the nine wounded ponies, "I'm no doctor, but I can get them up and running in no time."

We let her help, and she did just as she said she would. She asked if we could make some steam with sarcasm, but when Pyro said he could her ears perked up. We poured water on Pyro, who recoiled as the cold water touched him, and the room filled with steam. In almost no time, the unicorn was closing the wounds while Bell was keeping them calm.

After the wounds were closed, the only one who was still out cold was my dad. The unicorn revealed that her name was Midnight Cloud, "but everybody calls me Blitz," she said, "also, I'm not from this world. I'm from Earth."

Right after she finished that statement, my dad sat right up.


------Dusk------

Everything was dark. No, this was darker than dark, this was the Shadow Pony's lair. I was upside down and dizzy. There was a sharp pain in my hind legs. I could feel blood running down (maybe up?) my legs. I wasn't alone. As my vision adjusted to the darkness, I saw that I wasn't alone. To my left was Scootaloo and Morning. Hanging to my right was Twilight and the other Mane 6. Twilight was barely conscious, and didn't say anything. She tried to look at me, but passed out because the obviously immense pain that she was feeling. As she went out, so did I.

The next time I awoke was to the words, I'm from Earth. I sat up and looked around to see 15 ponies looking at me. I looked down at my legs to see they were hook and blood free. I looked above my head to see nine hooks, all bloody and dripping with the very same substance. I looked at the pony who said that she was from Earth. I recognized her as Blitz. She looked me over, as if trying to recognize me from before the hospital.

"Dusk, honey, what's wrong?" Twilight asked me, putting a hoof on my shoulder, as I stared intently into her eyes. I think I felt a migraine coming on, which means I am close to remembering something from before I was a pony.

"D-Dusk? A-As in D-Dusk C-Cloud?" Blitz asked with tears in her eyes. I nodded slowly and she hugged me, tears streaming from her eyes like rivers, "I knew it was you when I saw you on the show! And at the hospital! D-D-Dad, I missed you."

Almost everypony's jaws fell open, all except Twilight's. I swear, she went from being a light purple to being a deep, deep red. I knew right then that I was dead. Who am I? Zecora? I tried to make a run for something, but she got to me before I could even move a muscle. So, this is where Pyro get's his anger problems. Interesting.

"Wait!" Blitz yelled right before Twilight was going to possibly rip out my throat, "back on Earth, he was my step-father. He was a paraplegic because of a freak accident two years before he met my mom. I was born six months after that," she turned to Twilight, who was looking even angrier with every word, "it takes nine months for a human baby to be born," Twilight seemed to calm down a bit, but was still red, "He died when I was six months old. He was taking a shower, in a chair that people paralyzed from the waist down sit in, and lost his balance. He hit his head on the water faucet and died."

Twilight got off me and went back to her normal color, looking rather embarrassed. I looked over to Dawn and Sparx. Dawn looked frustrated as she hoofed over ten gold bits, the money of Equestria (I found that out about a year after I appeared). Sparx looked at her smugly and said, "told you so," before he put a coin in his mouth and swallowed.

"Sorry Dusk," Twilight said softly, "Why didn't you tell me you had a daughter before all this?"

"I didn't," I saw the sad face of Blitz and corrected myself, "I mean, I don't remember. When I hit my head on that faucet, I must have acquired amnesia. Which explains why I couldn't remember much."

"Okay," Celestial Bell intervened, "now that you are awake, let's find a way out."

---------Sparx----------

With me in the lead, our group of 16 left the safety of the room and went to where we came from. I looked up and saw a small light up above us. I asked Thunder to fly up there and secure the rope. He flew up there, and in a few minutes he came down and asked Rainbow Dash, Twinkle (she had to be carried up as she couldn't fly just yet), Uncle Morning, and Aunty Scootaloo to help him pull us up one at a time.

After about half-an-hour only Bell and I were left. She could have flown up with the others, but she decided to stay with me. The rope fell down next to me.

"I'll fly up, you take the rope," she said, "I'll stay next to you, if you want."

We kissed as she tied the rope around me, "Oh, wait, I'll be right back."

I brought the rope with me into the room that we were previously in. Thankfully there was a lot of slack in the rope. That and Shadow was still there, dead as a doornail with a cracked open and bloody head. I tied the rope around him and dragged him out. I pulled on the rope and was lifted by the group of whoever was pulling the rope. I had Bell fly up and tell them to pull harder because there was some extra weight. In about two minutes, I was out of the darkness. When my eyes adjusted to the blinding light, I saw that we weren't in my house, or even my Uncle Morning's house. We were in Lyra Heartstring's house, and she was staring at us.

"You should really do what they're doing," I said as my dad and uncle disappeared into little clouds of dust.

"Why?" she asked and scrunched her face in confusion.

"Just do it," I said as I pointed to the pictures of what I guessed were humans, and to the jars of organs that were supposedly from humans.

Her eyes went huge and she, too, disappeared into a cloud of dust. The rest of us walked out calmly, laughing. I turned to Lyra, or at least where she was. I looked back in front of me and saw a mint green form, chasing the three former humans. As I was laughing, a newspaper flew into my face. Heh. The date is probably something like 2034. I thought as I looked over the newspaper. When I found the date, I saw that it was 2-15-2013 (the same day it was when we entered the Shadows).

Thunder and I were in charge of dragging (much to our enjoyment) Shadow Blade to the police station, where we met up with Uncle Morning, Blitz and my Dad. When the police saw us dragging him, they were very surprised. When Dad explained, they saw that it was Shadow Blade.

"Didn't we already execute him?" one asked.

"Yes, you did," said a deep female voice, "which is why I am taking him with me, far beyond Canterlot."

Everyone looked at the door to see Princess Luna. Everyone bowed except Uncle Morning, who saluted.

"Lead Officer Morning, I request that you accompany me."

"Yes ma'am."

They took off into the night, to their distant location. We all waited, letting what just happened sink in.

"Well," Bell said with a yawn, breaking the silence, "let's go home."

"Blitz, dear, do you have a place to stay?" Aunty Scootaloo asked Blitz politely, "we have an extra room if you'd like."

As we were walking back to the library, an odd thought crossed my mind, "Bell, I have one question. Why are you in Ponyville?"

"Well, your dad asked Aunt Celestia if I could stay with you and your family. I have been told by my aunt to find out what true love is," (by now we are in front of our house), "happy birthday, Sparx," she said before kissing me.

I felt piercing eyes watching us make out from above us. It was either my mom or dad. I waved off the watcher (or watchers) and continued to kiss Bell. Whenever I'm around her I get this feeling that this was meant to be. Forever. And I Pinkie Promise myself that I will make that happen. I heard a very distant voice scream something, but I couldn't make out what it said.

I told Bell that this weekend we would have the house to ourselves. As I said this, a mischievous smile crept onto her face, "It's getting late, we should go inside," she walked in the house. When I got into the house, I saw her go into Dawn's room.

Blitz was staying at Thunder's house, but I don't think she like him much. I think she has eyes for Dawn. Is that weird? I mean, their technically sisters. Well step-sisters, anyway. Oh well, it's none of my business, I have Bell and that's all I need. All the thinking that I had just done made my head hurt. I hopped into bed and passed out right away.

Just when you think that you have escaped your past, you find yourself needing to look back to it. But when you do find it, don't expect a warm welcome.

Author's Note:

Okay, I know I have already introduced one of the OC's that I will include in the list, but that was when I couldn't explain much. So here we go!

Blitz (Midnight Cloud)- Human step-daughter of Dusk Cloud; in love with Dawn (SPOILER); unknown why she came to Equestria (use your imagination and post what you think in the comments, I might just use it); training to be a nurse, and in time, a doctor.

Shadow Blade- Leader of the Shadow Ponies, the same group who had captured Sparx, Morning and Dusk; has been killed numerous times; mass murderer (not going to spoil it... NOT GOING TO SPOIL IT!); former lover of Princess Luna; almost, ALMOST, was the conqueror of Equestria; can manipulate shadows and take over the minds of others.

Shadow Ponies- the followers of Shadow Blade; deceased ponies who had done something terrible in their lifetime; they are usually stripped of their horns or wings (or both); usually have no memories of their former self, except for what they did to become one.