• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 1,367 Views, 58 Comments

My Little Planetside - Alanox



Twilight convinces her friends to play a new MMOFPS by Pony Online Entertainment. Unfortunately, they've all picked separate sides. Hilarious violence ensues.

  • ...
1
 58
 1,367

The Luna Archives

“Twilight, this game looks so blocky…” Rarity’s complaint rang over loud and clear to the librarian in question as they drove in Flashes to the Luna Archives. Overhead, Scythes and Galaxies fanned out in all directions to reinforce the front. They passed a line of Magriders before Twilight pulled over and responded.

“Press Escape, and click Settings. Click Graphics, the Graphics Tab, and click High.” A series of clicking was heard over the channel.

“OH DEAR CELESTIA IT’S SO PRETTY! The dust and the grass and the vehicle and the planes and ME and… and…” Twilight giggled at Rarity’s overreaction.

“Thank Celestia I don’t have to hear your reaction to Ultra graphics. You have to go into the game files to enable that.”

“Could you… maybe… show me later, darling?”

Twilight sighed. “I guess. Might as well set mine to it while we’re at it.”

Less than a minute later the concentration of tanks and aircraft increased. Smoke was visible over a hill, so Twilight and Rarity parked their Flashes. Twilight peered through the scope and observed the situation. On top of the mesa sat the Luna Archives. Luna Sunderers were parked outside the jump pads, but everypony that flew up was cut down by heavily armored Alicorns. Bursters and AA Missiles chased away any Scythes or Liberators, fire so thick not even an armored Galaxy could drop troops.

“Twilight, if you can get me through onto a jump pad, I have a plan.”

“Acknowledged. Move to target, give a signal when in position. I’ll clear a pad, but Healers will get them back up shortly, so move quickly.” Rarity sprinted over to the nearest Jump Pad. Several Mechanics were hanging around a deployed Sunderer, discussing tank certifications in proximity chat. Rarity ignored it.

“In position. Clear the pad now, darling.” The white unicorn waited a few seconds. Five shots. Five dead Equestrians.

“Pad clear, Healers en route. Move!”

Rarity sprinted onto the glowing blue disc as she activated her cloak. She flew in a high arc towards the facility, getting a good view of the location of troops in the base. Nopony was on the Control Point, so she set her goal there. She zoomed past the Healers who were too busy reviving the dead Equestrians to notice the shimmer of light dash into a nearby building. Rarity hid in the corner of a room while her cloak regenerated. She saw a small conversation in Proximity Chat.

BrushaBrush: How long do we have to hold this base?

TheGreatMuffin: As long as we can, Brusha. We have to at least buy enough time for TIME’s platoon to move in, so we’re not leaving till one of us is dead.

BrushaBrush: Ma’am, Magriders approaching from the South.

Rarity exited the building and gazed upon the Control Point. Empty. She sprinted over to it, aware of its blinking icon actively betraying her position. She flipped the point over to her side before quickly retreating back inside. She heard the clank of many footsteps. An explosion. Three kills popped up on her screen, the Proximity Mine she planted exceeding its expected efficiency. The point stayed in her favor. She moved quickly through the building, and emerged on another side. A pony on an aircraft terminal, easy prey. Her Artemis filled the Equestrian with hot plasma before he had a chance to exit the menu he was in. A Healer ran upwards, oblivious. Another kill to the Fashionista. She tried to turn when her shields dropped completely in a loud blast of lead. She turned to see an Equestrian Earth Pony, holding a Shotgun at her. As she prepared for the second shot, the armored pony hit the deck.

“Target down,” sounded a Librarian’s voice. “How are things going?”

“Good, and I know how we can capture this facility. Gather a group of Pegasi; the roofs are the only safe place here for soldiers. I’ll distract them as long as I can.”

Twilight spotted a standing Luna force, awaiting orders to move in. She ran over to them and tried to get them aware of the situation.

TheBookinator: Listen up, everypony. I just got orders to go Pegasus and swarm the roof.

MareDoWell98: I’ll get my squad to try it. But if you’re just getting us killed…

The group of soldiers ran up to the Sunderer’s Infantry Terminal and switched their class. Pony after pony grew wings thanks to the transport’s built in Magite Synthesizer. Twilight once again was forced to consider how impossibly wealthy Magite Systems must be by now, with all the technology they’ve invented and sold. She snapped out of her thoughts and joined the attacking squad of Pegasi. The leader pulled out his Beamer and fired one shot into the air, signaling the attack. Twilight’s headphones filled with the sound of ponies stepping onto the jump pad and being flung at the facility. Before the Alicorns had a chance to slaughter the team, the Pegasi activated their wings and flapped over onto the roof, safe from enemy fire. The squad fanned out to the sides of the building. Twilight tried to keep up with their semi-coordinated movements, but they were obviously communicating between themselves and directing forces. The jump pads were clear once again, the Healers no longer able to revive the ambushed forces. The squad leader placed a message to all nearby forces.

MareDoWell98: Pads are clear, let’s wipe up these foals! For Luna!

Twilight watched as the air around the station filled with flying ponies, the Equestrians nowhere near equipped or numerous enough to hold back the anxious attackers. The doors of the Rebirthing Chamber quickly became bathed in suppressing Plasma, the defenders no longer able to even exit the room. All the Equestrian Republicans could do was sit down and watch as the control bar lost its red color and grew purple. Barely a minute passed before the Luna’s emblem popped up on the screen, and Princess Luna’s voice told them they had captured the facility, despite being just one of a few prerecorded messages.

Before the Luna had finished celebrating, a brief announcement appeared at the top of their screens.

Facility Lost
Hvar Tech Plant

“Twilight, isn’t Hvar Tech Plant in our territory?”

Twilight pulled her map onscreen. Indeed, the source of their Magrider production had been captured by the Equestrian Republic.

“Darling, this is simply unacceptable! We cannot allow those tyrants to maintain control of our Tech Plant!”

Twilight didn’t respond. Instead, her character dropped to the ground, dead by some mysterious force. The killfeed claimed Twilight had killed herself.

“Twilight, what happened?!”

“I redeployed, you can do so on the map screen. Spawn at Sandstone Gulch Mining, we’re gonna take back the Tech Plant.”


Rainbow Dash’s Mosquito was landed at Hvar’s large landing pad, resupplying. In the distance she saw a swarm of Magriders, Lightnings, and Sunderers approaching from the Southwest. She placed a message into the chat.

Let’sDaringDoThis: Alright, boys. We have company, and they’re not here for tea. Let’s show them that the Equestrian Republic means business.

Author's Note:

I apologize for this chapter being so late. It's been nearly done for almost two weeks now, but I couldn't get around to finishing and publishing it. I'll try to get the next chapter up much sooner. Coming soon(er)! The Defense of Hvar!