• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 821 Views, 17 Comments

Love's True Flare - Aderes7Storm



Spitfire has been working way too much and Soarin isn't making things any easier. On top of trying to manage her work load she is asked to help investigate a case with an old friend and longtime crush Detective Blaze. What's a flight captai

  • ...
16
 17
 821

Morning Briefing

Canterlot 11am No POV

Detective Blaze manages with very little problems to arrive to Canterlot thanks to the royal guards and meet up with her partner on the case, Dr. Note. Dr. Note is a woman in her mid twenties with a neon blue streak flowing through her caramel colored hair dressed in a nice business suit. She was standing next to a newspaper stand holding a briefcase when Detective Blaze approached her.

“Good morning Symphony, I trust that you didn’t hurt Thrasher this week.” she comments turning to face the detective with a bemused smile.

“Come on Note, that only happened once. Besides Thrasher is getting into his years and it was a good time as any to test out the gift I have in mind to give to someone. The effect is supposed to be an energy enhancer and Thrasher had his morning wake up call with it. The little fella ran around in my office until he bumped into my desk.” Symphony chuckles happy that her long time friend didn’t use her nickname to greet her.

“Symphony one of these days you are gonna kill my dog and explain to your little sister whose fault it was.” Note sighs shaking her head in amusement.

Symphony had never understood how her nickname became her title but never really complained about it. After all, this only meant that select few knew her real name which in turn meant less time running away from the press and more time to do research. She unlike some famous celebrities prefered to enjoy blending in with the crowd or being cooped up in a library with a good a book. She was dressed in black slacks, light brown button up blouse, black vest, brown sneakers, and her trademark black bandanna that had a red dragon design.

“Aw come off it Note. You make me seem like I have no idea what I am doing.” she quips running a hand through vibrant blue hair that had a grey lightning streak pattern running through her locks.

“You are probably the last person I would expect to not know what she is doing. Besides Thrasher is my pet, not your lab rat.” Note laughs causing Symphony to playfully pout at the notion.

“Aw but I want pitt bull as a test subject.” she mockingly pouts causing Dr. Note to laugh at the display.

“Detective Blaze, Dr. Note I assume?” asked a male voice in a rude manner.

“You assume correct but you are not Captain Amor nor Soarin the two men we were supposed to meet.” Symphony retorts cautious of the male.

“No but I am here to relay a message from someone. Here in this envelope is the message but if I were you detective I wouldn’t take the message lightly.” he replies leaving the envelope on the table before leaving.

Silence remained and Symphony didn’t like the idea of anonymous man leaving an envelope that seemed to hold a threat instead of a clue. She stared at the envelope in a way that would make cold-hearted criminals wince. ‘A stranger leaves us a note and tells me to not take the message lightly. As Granny would say, “That there seem like a no good varmint is a barkin up yer tree sugar cube.” Whoever it is and whatever they want must be approached with the utmost caution.’ she thought as she stared at the envelope. She was not the only one who was disturbed by the sudden message. Dr. Note was fearful of who it might be from and with reason. Still she kept quiet in hopes of meeting the others who will be assisting them on the case.

“Excuse me, but which one of you is Detective Blaze?” Captain Amor asked while Soarin checked the area.

“That would be me, Captain Amor. Pleasure to meet you and I ensure to protect the princess with my life.” Symphony salutes pushing her worry aside in an effort to maintain her cool.

Moments Later- Spitfire’s POV

There are these senses that shout something is a bad idea, and I just ignored it by walking in for the briefing with Fleetfoot of all people. Yep, I was staring right at the woman who leaves me breathless with someone who could embarrass me and by the heavens she has only grown more beautiful with each passing moment. It took all my willpower along with Fleetfoot’s constant teasing to not go right up to her and shamelessly flirt with her. Seriously, does she even realize the power she has on others or how sexy she is? As if my workload isn’t bad enough because of Soarin’s borderline obsession with an apple farmer’s pie.

“Any leads on possible suspects so far?” she asks staring intently at the latest victim’s file.

“No leads so far Detective Blaze. That is why you are to now guard both Princess Luna and Princess Twilight. With this new threat approaching there isn’t enough guards to protect the Princesses.” Captain Armor sighs worry lacing his voice.

“This isn’t some inexperienced crook. Whoever this is had some inside help and the common thread is farmers. Know any criminal who has a thing for farmers?” I ask trying to wrap my head around the case instead of her.

“Only one would be interested in farmers and that is Acerbus Sino Dual Heart. This is by far most worrisome now that the only farmers left are in the Apple clan or know the Apple clan.” Detective Blaze replies staring up at the stain glass window of the Elements of Harmony,

“Knowing him and his ways, it is all an attempt to flush out any means of resistance.” she turns towards the Princesses with a look that screamed frustration.

“The sick bastard was supposed to be hung at the gallows before wanna-be activists protested the execution. Should have made the execution a private matter.” Dr. Note mutters darkly looking away from the files.

“All the more reason you must get to Ponyville before the actual festival to investigate on any leads. I don’t want the citizens of Ponyville instantly treat you like royalty seeing as how that might tip off the suspect. Do you personally have any reason for being there?” Princess Celestia asks calmly surprising me for a little while.

“Actually there is one reason…” Detective Blaze trails off with a smile growing on her beautiful face.

Author's Note:

It took me a while but I hope you enjoy ^_^