• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 609 Views, 2 Comments

When dreams come true - Nightyy



Rainbow Dash's has a dream to become a Wonderbotl. This day will tell her if she will be one of them or not...

  • ...
7
 2
 609

The Element of Betrayal

When dreams come true

Chapter 7 – The Element of Betrayal

Dash, dismissed from the Wonderbolts, travels through the Equestria. She has nowhere to sleep or rest. Her home is still far. But it is the only place where she will feel safe. At least Lightning Streak is travelling with her. They are both very exhausted and their wings hurt. Suddenly, they get in front of place, what Dash recognized. The Everfree Forest.

It was pretty late. The sun was already setting. “Streak, I think we should rest somewhere,” said Dash with worry in her eyes.

“We can rest in that forest. It’s not that dark so we should move,” said Streak and continued on his way to the forest.

Dash was afraid, but she didn’t want to look like a coward, so she followed her loved stallion. The sun was slowly setting and moon rising. It was getting darker with each step they took. Suddenly, they head voice coming from nowhere. “Ohh, What do we have here? A couple of Wonderbolts! That’s amazing.”

Streak recognized that voice. “Oh my... You are al-” said Streak, but he was cut off by the voice what now sound more angered.

“Yes! I AM alive! And, as I see, you still remember me. How cute,” said the voice ended with evil laugh.

Streak stepped forward. “What have you done with Spitfire’s farther?” shouted Streak into the darkness.

Very maniacal laugh followed by the same voice came from behind. “What do you think? I’m sure that you know it. But I can explain it to you in details! We, the Shadowbolts, have our camp here in the Everfree Forest. And it is very close to great canyon. And as I remember, there are very sharp spikes down there. Well, it was bad from me I know, but it was also fun. I broke him his wings and then he ACCIDENTLY fell down.”

Dash finally knew what’s going on. “Night Shade!”

Suddenly the laughing stopped and a mare in dress of the Shadowbolts with pure black mane came from the shadows of the woods. “Very smart. Yes, it’s me. But before you do something wrong, I have to tell you something. We must discuss it. We didn’t come to hurt you. But we want you both to join us! Join the real best flyers in Equestria!”

Dash barked back at Night Shade. “Never! And why you call yourself the best flyers? The Wonderbolts are still the best!”

Night Shade put her head down and shook it. Then she raised it again and looked very disappointed. “I thought that you are clever, but you didn’t get it. Well, let’s take it from the beginning. From The Best Young Flyer Competition. You participated in there. As every year, Spitfire and other Wonderbolts were watching. And then it came. You’ve performed the Sonic Rainboom! Reaching eighty-eight wingpower is very hard, but you did it. You saved Spitfire and others. In that time we all get it. You can be the one who can solve our little war.”

Dash was listening patiently, but she missed one thing. “I don’t get it. Spitfire saw me, but how could you? Or how did you know about this?”

Shade just smiled. “So you aren’t that dumb. Yes, you’re right. I didn’t see you. But Dark Flame did. He told us everything. Now we had a problem. You refused our offer before and you also wanted to join our enemies. And so you did. But fortunately, there was Dark Flame and he had to get you out of there.”

“Nice story, but I still didn’t change my mind!” said Dash and turned around.

“Wait! Well, then another thing. Do you remember your time in the academy? You had to clean the ski as fast as you can, wingpony. Yes, this was Spitfire’s first mistake. She made you a wingpony! How was that feeling? Anyway, you cleaned the clouds using tornado. It was Lightning Dust’s order, right? So reckless. You told Spitfire about the way you did it. She didn’t care! She didn’t care, because all Wonderbolts are normally reckless. But when you said that you leave, she had to do something. Her plan? Look like she really regrets it and kick Dust instead of letting you leave. Did she fooled you? Yes. What do you think now? Did you get it?”

Dash was confused. She didn’t want to believe those words. “You liar! You can’t know nothing about that! You weren’t there! And Dark Flame neither. Only Spitfire.”

Night Shade smiled even more. “Yes, you’re again right. But we had another pony in there. When your dreams are broken, we are still here. And we saved her and help her recover same as we will do it with you.”

Rainbow was totally shocked. She knew who was Shade talking about. “Lighting Dust!”

Lightning Dust came from the darkness and stood behind Night Shade, who continued in her speech. “Alright. One last try. The Annual Daring Race. Do you remember why Streak and Flame can’t participate? Because they used Flame’s potions. But why? That’s easy! Everypony can join it. Expect for us, the Shadowbolts. They are afraid of us. Spitfire wanted something what will make them win. Am I right?” asked Shade while smiling at Streak. “So Flame made a potion. They both drank it and participated in the race. One very promising flyer joined them too, as a rival of course. It was our newest member, so nopony knew that she’s one of us. Streak won the race, but the judge recognized that something is wrong. Well the main point of this story is that Spitfire loved that idea. She wanted her team to win, even though she had to cheat. That potion wasn’t tested! It could hurt or even kill them! But the victory was everything for Spitfire.”

Dash was slowly turning on the side of the Shadowbolts, but still she needed more. “But how can you explain this year’s race? Blaze had to participate and she got hurt. Spitfire said that she don’t want to risk her life.”

Night Shade smiled because she knew what to say right now. “I’m so glad that we have this sneaky rat Dark Flame on our side. When Blaze hurt herself, Spitfire just looked at her and coldly gave order to Streak, who saw it all. ‘Get her to her room,’ and left her as she was. Streak can prove this to you, am I right, Streak? Is it true?”

Dash turned her sight at Streak and secretly hoped for straight answer ‘no!’ But Streak just stood there and said nothing. Dash came to him and put her hoof on his back. “Is that true? Please tell me that it isn’t true,” said Dash to Streak while tears were slowly dropping from her eyes.

Streak let his head fall down. “I’m sorry. She’s right.”

This was the last wedge what broke her heart. Her exemplar, Spitfire, was just reckless and ambitions mare who cared about nopony else. Dash wasn’t ready to join the Shadowbolts yet, but it was just a question of time. She now hated Spitfire more than Night Shade.

Shade showed them place where all Shadowbolts were. It was ruin of some chapel in the Everfree. Dash knew this place. She remembered the time when she was in here. They recovered the harmony shards in here together with Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack and Twilight. These memories brought even more tears in her eyes. “You need to rest. Maybe you two normally sleep together and in one room what is separated from others, but we have only one room where everypony sleeps. These are your beds,” said Shade and pointed over two pieces of something on what they were supposed to sleep. But they were anyway very exhausted. Dash couldn’t fall asleep. Her mind was still thinking about what happened. After about two hours, she heard voices coming from outside. Dash walked to the hole in wall and saw how was Night Shade talking with Dark Flame.

“Very well my dear. You were supposed to bring one Wonderbolt to us. And you brought two of them. Amazing! And what’s with your nose?”

“I’m glad that you’re happy about that. And, yeah that nose... I used very filthy way to get them here and Dash was little enraged. So she punched me few times and broke it.”

Dash remembered her dream. It really was true. But it didn’t make Dash nervous like before. She went back to her ‘bed’ and fell asleep. This didn’t happen for a long time, but Dash again had a dream. This time it was very short, but straight one.

***

It was back in the Wonderbolts Headquarters. Dash stood in front of Spitfire’s office. Spitfire was covered in blood and lay on her desk. Lightning Dust was behind her also covered in blood, but not as much as the orange mare. She was pulling Spitfire’s mane so her head was raised. Spitfire’s eyes were almost closed. “Hey Dash! You wanna finish her?”

Dash came closer, turned on the other side and prepared herself for well-aimed and strong buck right into Spitfire’s face.

***

Dash woke up. She was all covered in sweat, but she was glad that it was just a dream... at least for now.

Author's Note:

Well, this story turned into different way. But I want to finish it soon. So I hope you won't hate me so much for this. This chapter is one of the shorts. Anyway, I hope you liked it. One more thing... if you like/dislike this story, please write it in comments so I can focus on it and improve it.