• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 1,111 Views, 55 Comments

Colliding Dream Worlds - migzie

  • ...
14
 55
 1,111

ZZZzzzZZzz A Studying Twilight zzZZzzzZZZ

“DING DING DONNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!” the bells chimed at the Rainbow Shy Fortress. Twilight Sparkle checks her watch. ‘It wasn’t too late… right? It’s not like any of us has a specific bedtime…’ she thinks to herself getting cut off as the door swung open.

“Hey, heyyy! How did your date go!?” Rainbow Dash was the first to speak

“Please, come in! Ummm, if that’s okay…” Fluttershy says next.

Taking a step inside the house, Twilight raises her hand in the air. A happy gasping noise wheezed out of Fluttershy with her signature ‘Yay!’ and Dash’s jaw dropped with her eyes continuously blinking. “I know right?” Twilight barely gets out as she is tackled into a hug by a wing flapping Fluttershy.

“Congrats, Eggy!” Dash says to her friend using her special abbreviation for ‘egghead’. “Ready to sleep on a cloud?”

“It will feel like I’m sleeping on a cloud even if I am sleeping on a cold, hard cement floor because of tonight.” Twilight says dreamily.

Fluttershy giggles. “No, silly! Dashie was being literal when she asked if you were ready to sleep on a cloud! We set up a cot in our bedroom so that we’d all be in the same room while we dream hop together.”

Twilight’s eyes widened for a second. “OH! Eh-heh heh. Got it!” She turns and faces Rainbow Dash next. “Anything you want me to know from your trip to Zecora’s hut, Dash?”

“I’m too tired to fill you in right now, Twi. I’ll either tell you in the morning or at the lunch meeting.” Dash says. “Besides, we gotta set you up to dream right now!”

“Well, that’s true. We do have to start right away. Ummm, I guess I’ll wait till lunch time. I have to meet Trixie for breakfast to completely fill her in on what we’re doing. I brushed up on the subject but uhhh, heh, didn’t want to ruin our moment we were having…” Twilight starts to ramble.

“It’s all good in the hood!” Dash says laughing at her friend. “Tomorrow at lunch it is. I have to figure out how to relay Zecora’s message, anyway. I mean, she’ll be at A.J.’s and all… but to figure out how to translate Zebra Rhyming Talk first thing in the morning… ya know.”

It was Twilight’s turn to laugh. “Shouldn’t you be awake and have done a lot already before mid day?”

“Naw, Fluttershy lets me sleep in on Saturdays. Noon is my morning.” Dash says with a grin.

“Ohhh, brother.” Twilight says shaking her head.

“Ah haha, you mean ohhh sister!” Dash teased her friend as she hears a yawn escaping her wife’s mouth. “Let’s all get comfy.” And on that note, Dash leads the way to the second floor.

*******

“I’m not going to fall through?” Twilight asks her two friends who were busy in the bathroom getting ready for bed. She thinks she hears Fluttershy giggling at the question and sees Dash poking her head out the bathroom door.

“Look closer at it, Twi! There’s a thin layer of regular mattress that molds to suit your body so you’ll have a comfortable night’s sleep. The fluff and moisture of the cloud will keep you at the correct temperature meaning you won’t get too hot or too cold while you sleep. You’ll wake up feeling like a rock star!” Dash explains as if they were in a bedding store.

Fluttershy pops her head out the door under her Rainbow’s head. “Hop on the bed and test it out, Twilight… you’ll enjoy it! Oh, and we’ll be out soon so you can change for bed. We’re almost done… if that’s alright?” With a little ‘Eep!’ followed by more giggles, both heads went back into the bathroom.

Still looking at her temporary bed in a skeptical way, Twilight hops on top of the cot and answers to only the door realizing it was now shut when she turned her head to face her friends. Her horn was lit levitating her up barely touching the cot. She was still uncertain. ‘Trust them, they are two of your closest friends, they wouldn’t prank you for a good laugh. Not Fluttershy, anyway… Mayyybee Rainbow Dash. Ugh, okay… here goes…” she talks silently to herself in her mind. Twilight closes her eyes tightly and lets her horn stop glowing. Well, she didn’t hear a thudding noise… nor did she feel pain from the floor below her. Instead, she felt everything Rainbow Dash described to her. She starts to relax and her eyes lessened the intensity of it being shut. ‘This is really therapeutic and meditative. Inhale. Mmmm Trixie. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale…’ her chest rises and falls to each word she repeated.

The bathroom door reopens after awhile. “Your turn, buddy! Wake up! We didn’t give you the potion yet!” Dash talks into Twilight’s face making her jump slightly. “Ahhh, hahaha… you should’ve seen your face!” She waited for the ‘haha’ to be shot at her and then purposefully crashes into Fluttershy on the bed and under the covers. “We’ll be waiting here… take your time if you must! Irrr, uhhh, but not too much time… ya know what I mean… ummm.”

“I know what you mean! Don’t worry! I’ll time myself accordingly.” Twilight rolled off her new favourite bed, granted it was only but a cot, and into the bathroom she went.

*******

“Here’s a teaspoon for you…” Dash hands Twilight her dose. “One for you…” she hands one to her Flutters. “AAAAAAaaaaaaaaand one for me! CHEERS!!!”

The three of them make the toast and crawled into their beds. Within seconds, they are brought into Twilight Sparkles household. They found themselves in her library that competes to the one in the Disney’s version of Beauty and the Beast!

“Oh this is… this is… WOW!” Twilight walks around all her shelves full of books. “This is how I want my library to look ALL THE TIME! I do need to rearrange the books. It’s due a shuffle!”

“Yeah! It’s GREAT! Let’s walk outside.” Dash directs both Fluttershy and Twilight. “Ready for your lesson? It’s something I won’t have to explain to you before lunch.”

“This is a change… you being the teacher?” Twilight teases her friend. “Yeah, I am ready.”

Rainbow Dash clears her throat and flies hand in hand with Fluttershy in a slow pace. “Soooo… You got the basic layout. Pinkie’s Bakery, Rarity’s Boutique, the school, almost everything else is here too.”

Looking at everything in awe Twilight asks “This really is cool. Who are the people?”

Fluttershy breaks away from her Rainbow to be on Twilight’s other side. “Th-they’re projections of mine and Dashie’s subconscious.”

“Yours? Both of yours?” Twilight’s eyebrows shot up.

Dash shoots into serious mode. “Yes. Remember, you are the dreamer, this world, is your world. We are the subjects, our minds populate it. You can literally talk to our subconscious. That's one of the ways we extract information from the subject.

Twilight thinks for a moment “Hmmm, I see. How else do you do it?”

Fluttershy’s tone is as serious as her Rainbow’s, but softer. “By creating something secure, like a bank vault or a cage holding poor cutesy wootsie animals like they’re in a jail at shelters. The mind automatically fills it with information it's trying to protect. Do you understand Twilight? I mean, we’re going to show you our safety zone… if you don’t mind, that is…”

Twilight replies as she twirls around feeling how real everything feels. “Then you break in and steal it? The information, I meant the information. And of course, I want to see what you two created!”

“Well...” Fluttershy starts.

She couldn’t help it. Twilight continues on. “I guess I thought that the dream space would be all about the visual. But it's more about a feel of it. My question is what happens when you start messing with the physics of it all...?” Her mind thinks about the town folding in half so it starts to. Soon they were all facing a street going from flat on which she was standing to vertical. “It's something, isn't it?”

“Yes, it is.” Dash says as she places her feet on the ground to test walking on the now vertical street.

“They’re ummm, they’re… staring at us, Dashie!” Fluttershy whispers, immediately back beside her Rainbow clinging on.

“Yeah, why are they staring at us?” Twilight wonders out loud.

“Because my subconscious feels that someone else is creating this world. The more you change things, the quicker the projections start to converge on you.” Dash continues the lesson.

Twilight asks. “Converge?”

“Well, ummm, I know you know what ‘converge’ means… so anyway to answer that question. They sense the foreign nature of the dreamer. They attack like white blood cells fighting an infection.” Dash explains further.

Twilight starts to worry and freak out making Fluttershy cling on to Dash tighter. “What!? They're going to attack us?!”

“No, no.” Dash says almost, to only herself. “Just you.”

Twilight creates a new bridge over the street not hearing Dash speak. She builds twin water fountains shooting water at each other. “I think I feel like what Discord feels when he alters things.”

Dash speaks a little louder this time. “This is great, but I'm telling you, if you keep changing things...” She stops what she’s saying because Fluttershy started to scream. “Uh oh. Not good.”

“BAD! BAD! DASHIE GRAB A HOLD OF TWILIGHT AND LET’S BLINK INTO OUR SAFTEY ZONE! NOW!” Fluttershy shrieks as loud as her diaphragm would let her.

Twilight Sparkle starts to scream as she sees an angry mob racing towards them. ‘The faster people must be from Dash’s subconscious.’ she had time to think. Both her arms were taken a hold of, thankfully by her friends. She sees them both blink and POOF they were out of there.

*******

Composed. Love. Tasteful. Serenity. Private. Colourful. Fuzzy…’ Twilight could go on and on in her mind as to what she felt when they landed in the safety zone. Her jaw hung slightly open as she stood in a picture perfect land.

“W-what do you think, Twilight?” Fluttershy asks their first visitor.

“I LOVE IT!” Twilight exclaims.

“Yeah, cool huh?” Dash adds.

“Ohhh YEAH it is!” Twilight says to her friends but then worriedly asks “But what about the subconscious people?”

“Oh, them?” Rainbow Dash answers. “They aren’t allowed in here. No one is unless invited or harmless. Which you are both.”

“Ahhh, I see. AWESOME!” Twilight says.

All of a sudden, the three of them jump, hugging each other tightly as a cannon sound rang with an echo effect. Confetti shoots at them in all directions. Balloons start flying everywhere. Streamers were tangling on tree branches as if someone were T.P.-ing a house. The three of them look at each other and let go of the hold.

“You didn’t do that Rainbow Dash!?” Twilight shouts her question as Fluttershy whimpered the same line.

“Ummm, no. This clearly shouts Pinkie Pie.” Dash says, realization soon followed. “PINKIE PIE!”

SURPRISE!!!” a loud echo sounded throughout the dream land. Pinkie appears out of nowhere.

“HOW did you get here!?!?” Dash questions her pranking buddy.

“Easy Peasy!” Pinkie Pie says. “I’m sleeping in between you and Fluttershy right now!”

“WHAT!? How did you manage to get in the house?” Dash plays the 20 questions game.

“Oh. When you said bye to Apple Jack… I was still watching television in the basement and you all forgot about me. Well, minus Twily because she didn’t even know that I was over to begin with…” Pinkie starts to construe. “Oh, and I remembered everything Zecora said when we visited. I wanted to surprise you. I even wrote inside your room over there on a post it note saying ‘Pinkie Pie was here!’ just in case I woke up before you got here.

Fluttershy speaks up. “And you’re safe and harmless and our friend so you were able to enter the boundary’s protective shields.” She gives Pinkie a warm welcoming hug.

“This calls for a party! I cannot WAIT till the rest of everyone comes here! Then, it will be an even BIGGER PARTAY!!!” Pinkie hops up and down and dances all crazy.

!!!BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

“Ummm, I think it’ll have to wait, Pinkster… We’re about to wake up.” Rainbow Dash says. “Oh, and Twilight? The cot stays in the house ah hahahaha!!!”