• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 1,111 Views, 55 Comments

Colliding Dream Worlds - migzie

  • ...
14
 55
 1,111

ATTENTION! This Is Your Captain Speaking... Ready For Take OFF!

Dinner ended right then and there. On Princess Luna’s command, everyone started to scramble on their feet. Even Granny Smith was trying to move it! She was assisted up by Spike. Apple Jack gave Rarity a quick peck on the cheek which silently says to ‘grab the food Ah’ll open the house’ as she raced ahead to clear the living room in the main house. Both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have passed out and fainted.

Twilight Sparkle had to get everyone coordinated because Dash and Fluttershy were surrounded and they were the ones that needed to move. She looked at the exit and saw that Spike, Granny Smith and her walker were only half way to the door. She needed the older brothers as muscle to get the two unconscious pegasi out. “Hey kiddos, why don’t you help Rarity transfer everything over to the house? The girls need room to breathe and transported themselves!” Twilight says and was obeyed immediately.

Big Mac carried Rainbow Dash over his shoulder with Shining Armor trailing behind him, doing the same with Fluttershy heading to where Apple Jack wanted to rest their friends. Rainbow Dash started to wake up midway.

“Huh? HEY! Put me DOWN!” Dash shrieked receiving “EENope” as her answer from Big Mac as he readjusted her on his shoulder. “What’s going on!” she says as a demand not question. As her head bobbed up and down, she saw her life partner being carried as well, limp. “FLUTTERSHY!” Dash called to her love that wasn’t waking up.

“Ya’ll come on! This way!” Apple Jack directs them looking at her brother. “Uhhh, Big Mac, R.D. is awake… ya can put her down.”

“What’s up A.J.? Why was your brother carrying me?” Dash whispered as she was gently placed down to the ground.

“You and Shy went bizerk when Princess Celestia was tryin ta explain whateva’s goin on with King Sombra. THEN, ya’ll just passed out.” Apple Jack tells Dash as they walk into the house.

The living room was brightly lit. The furniture moved and jumbled over to the sides of the walls. Princess Cadence was sitting next to Fluttershy who was lying down with her head propped up. “She’ll awaken soon. She’ll be alright.” Princess Cadence says to Dash. “I’m trying to project love and sweetness into her mind, but, something is blocking it. Princess Celestia and Luna want to talk to you in the study in the next room before we address everyone else with the situation.”

“A-alrighty…” Dash says almost sounding like Fluttershy. She sees Scootaloo juggling several plates in her arms and gets her voice back “Hey, Squirt! Hurry up and put those in the kitchen! I need you to keep an eye on Flutters so Princess Cadence can come with me to talk to the other Princesses!” Dash waits a second for Scootaloo and heads to the study with Cadence.

As Rainbow Dash entered the study she sees Princess Celestia with a concerned looking face and Princess Luna with an eyebrow raised. “I can explain…” she starts off. Dash got a lot of “Oh my” and “That’s not good” and “We have to do something about this” shot at her throughout her story of why she fainted which included getting the sleep potion with Luna and Fluttershy’s dream that they visited involving King Sombra’s eyes that she KNEW she knew from somewhere before and the way the Crystal People looked dulled out and bleak and how dead looking the Changelings were as they were ordered to torture the Crystal People.

“The already disturbed are being tortured and have to torture a once glistening race.” Princess Cadence said shaking her head and scared.

One exact hour went by. A scream rang throughout the house. Dash was out of the study faster than lightning. She accidently shoved Scootaloo at the doorway who was trying to relay the message that Fluttershy was awake. It was so quick but “Sorry, kid” was made out by the Princesses and Scootaloo following Dash.

*******

Fluttershy has calmed down, though still shaken and in the arms of her Rainbow sitting on the couch. She had her reoccurring nightmare again. Most of the furniture was moved to where it belonged so that everyone could squeeze and have a place to sit as they held a meeting about King Sombra. Finger foods were passed around just in case people had an appetite again and wanted to nibble on something. Princess Celestia clears her throat and tries again to say her announcement.

“Everyone, let us try this again, shall we!?” Princess Celestia got the whole room’s attention like last time. And like last time, everyone stared at Rarity when Prince Blueblood’s name was mentioned. “Prince Blueblood had acquired the task of befriending King Sombra after you 6 and Spike helped Princess Cadence and Shining Armor rescue the Crystal Empire from him to make sure he doesn’t disturb the peace again. The peace has been fractured but not completely broken. After talking to Rainbow Dash about the reason why she and Fluttershy passed out, there is a way to stop Sombra from conquering and imprisoning Queen Chrysalis’s Kingdom and Changeling Subjects, then embarking on the Crystal Empire with the rest of the world being next. Before I tell you my idea, I had Twilight research and dig up why King Sombra is acting out this way. Twilight? Care to share what you have gathered?”

“Yes, Princess.” Twilight stands up. “I Googled a bit while everyone was situating themselves.” She begins her report receiving a few eye rolls but nothing more. “King Sombra, I believe, is just lashing out in the worst possible way. He feels a lot of spite and resent towards an old people’s home located in Draconia. His grandmother, who was his only remaining relative, just passed away due to natural causes, but was under the watch and care of a doctor from the Crystal Empire and a nurse that’s a Changeling.”

“Thank you, Twilight.” Princess Celestia says. “So, King Sombra is in mourning. He is throwing a massive tantrum that will cause damage to innocent lives and cities everywhere. My idea is INCEPTION. That is a dream inside a dream that’s in a dream. We need to plant an idea in his head that will make him change his mind completely and accept the death of his grandmother. You cannot just go into someone’s dream and say not to do it. It will result in just being a dream. However, if you get to the core of his brain, it will stick and most likely change his lifestyle for the ‘good’ in general.”

“How do ya get in that there dream of his, Princess?” Apple Jack asks a valid question.

After explaining Fluttershy’s dreams and the visit to Zecora’s hut to seek the potion, everyone understood. The dreams that are violent to her system throughout her life have actually been premonitions. It made sense. Every time they dealt with something or someone major, like, Nightmare Moon or Discord back in the day before being forced to use his magic for “good” not for “chaos” by Fluttershy herself, or etc. Fluttershy would have night terrors and they’d be called to the Palace and get served a mission impossible.

Everyone envisioned “Madame Pinkie Pie” and the crystal ball. Twilight Sparkle simply commented, “It’s her version of Pinkie Sense.”

“OOOO! OOOO! OOOO!” Pinkie Pie jumps up and down waving her arm “Do I get to wear my spy suit and use my night vision goggles!?!?” getting everyone laughing granted the situation. She got two negatives. One from the Princesses saying there was no need. And the other one from Rarity, saying that she’ll design a new spy suit because what Pinkie had was out dated. All she said back to them was, “Okie Dokie Lokie!”

“H-how do we ma-manage to get near him enough to get him to dri-drink the potion, Princess?” Fluttershy asks hiding underneath Dash making them look like one bigger bodied person.

Twilight Sparkle answers instead. “He is taking a really long train ride from Draconia to bring his grandmother’s ashes to the family monument. In which, he is probably going to be a private car. I’m presuming that you’ll take care of that, right Princess?” Getting a head nod she continues, “We can get the car attendant to serve drinks. Oh, and the train is scheduled to depart in a week and a day.”

“Now listen here, all ya’all. We may know how ta go bout this now, but Ah still wanna know how ta be in a dream or work a dream… irrrr. Ah am still confused.” Apple Jack says frowning. “And who all here is doin what.”

“I had a talk with Rainbow Dash. She and Twilight will lead a group that they have to form specifically for the mission. They have to confirm with the other 4 of you, of course, about the team. First, Rainbow Dash has to teach Twilight how to dream hop so Twilight can help teach the rest of you. After that, all of you will learn together how to get into the other levels of dreams.” Princess Celestia explains the best she could. “Princess Luna will assist with further guidance if needed and will watch out and help promptly if you all start to struggle.”

Zoning out of the room's conversation, Rainbow Dash whispers in Fluttershy’s ears, “Pssssst! Babe, I remember which cloud to stop at on the way home!” She winks and gets Fluttershy to giggle. “Aaaaaaand, we can pretend to be Commander Hurricane and Private Pansy… you know, like the characters we play during the holiday shows?” Dash got more giggles as responses and kisses in addition. “I love you, my Flutters!”

“Let’s go ‘home’, Dashie!” Fluttershy says in a playful, yet seductive voice. “I need a little relief from the events this dinner stressed on us…” she purrred with a smile on her face. “I love you, my Rainbow!”