• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 2,353 Views, 79 Comments

Doctor Whooves Classic: The Five Doctors - Tragicom



In Honor of the 50th Anniversary, a ponyfication of the 20th anniversary. All five original Doctors join forces to fight an evil going back to Gallopfreyan antiquity.

  • ...
3
 79
 2,353

Chapter Ten

Five continued to pluck away at the Harp, for all the good it did him. Nothing about it was actually having any sort of effect. He then looked at the portrait of Rassilon nearby. As he looked over the book that the alicorn held, he noticed that the writing in it was not Old High Gallopfreyan, but a series of musical notes.

With careful precision, Five played the tune shown on the portrait, and upon it's completion, a secret door opened.

As he walked into the mystery room, he discovered a computer bank and a lit-up pentagonal display. Five had done it! He'd finally found the secret lair of whomever had been manipulating his personal time stream.

In walked the perpetrator. This pony wore a black robe, and a golden crown covered with pink gemstones. And his face was all too familiar.

"Lord President?" Five asked.

"You seem a bit less surprised than I thought you'd be," Borusa replied, "did you see through my plans?"

"I had my suspicions, but to your credit, I didn't think so until Castellan's death," Five explained.

"Curses," Borusa muttered, "it's so hard to find a good scapegoat these days, isn't it, Doctor?"

Five shook his head. "Oh, Borusa. Why?"

"Do you have any idea how long I've been in control of Gallopfrey, Doctor?" Borusa said, starting his evil monologue. "Whether playing the political or academic game, I've always held a position of power."

"And now you're Lord President. What more could you want?" Five asked.

"Face facts, Doctor," Borusa interjected, "I'm going to be ousted from my leadership position before my time. I want to ensure my work will continue."

"You want to be President throughout the remainder of your regenerations?" Five figured.

"You think too small, Doctor." Borusa began to pace around the room, attempting to intimidate Five. "I intend to be Lord President Borusa the Eternal. I shall ascend to Godhood. Immortality shall be mine!"

"Rubbish," Five shot back, "that's not possible."

"You're misinformed, Doctor." Borusa stopped pacing. "Rassilon can make it possible."

Meanwhile in Rassilon's Tomb...

The Master had never been so humiliated in his life.

He was supposed to be one of the most brilliant and diabolical minds in existence, and here he was, having been knocked out by some random unicorn from a backwater planet, and having been tied up by The Doctor's annoying female assistants.

He muttered something less than politically correct behind the gag that Twilight had been so kind as to magic up.

Three finished a program on one of the computer banks. "Well, in theory the TARDIS should be free of the forcefield."

"Was it tough to shut down?" Bon Bon wondered.

"Not at all," he replied, "just had to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow."

"One day, I will get you to explain how you can reverse the polarity of something that has no electrical charge," Twilight said.

"Good luck," her brother replied. He had wondered about that for quite some time, as well.

"I'll see if I can contact the Capitol," Two said.

Meanwhile in the TARDIS...

A blinking light went off on the console.

"We're free!" Susan exclaimed.

"Great timing, I think they've finished that bomb," Caramel replied.

Susan flicked a few switches and the TARDIS dematerialized.

Meanwhile in the Secret Room...

"Immortality, Doctor," Borusa continued. "Rassilon left clues for anypony who wished to follow in his hoofsteps. I discovered so much. This control room for the games, the black scrolls, and this crown."

"But not the true secret," Five presumed.

"I know that it is hidden in the Tower. However, it is hidden behind dangers and traps," Borusa said.

"So you had me clear a path for you."

"I made sure you had allies to help you. I even gave you an enemy to fight." Borusa grinned maniacally. "It's all one big game."

"But you botched a roll, as it were," Five responded, "my fourth self is trapped in a Time Eddy."

"You needn't worry, Doctor." Borusa shook his head. "Your temporal stability will be maintained. I will require you to serve me, after all."

"I would never serve you," Five said, defiantly.

"You will have no choice in the matter." Borusa gestured to his crown. "For I wear the Coronet of Rassilon."

"Yes, and the pink brings out your eyes."

Borusa took a step back out of minor embarassment. "This crown amplifies my will, Doctor! You will bow before me."

The pink gems along the crown began to glow. Five was forced down by a psychic force. Borusa walked out of the room, Five being forced to walk alongside him.

"Come, Doctor. My immortality awaits."

A computer in the main room activated. Two appeared on the screen. "Can anypony hear me?"

Five was forced to march over to the computer.

Meanwhile in Rassilon's Tomb...

Five appeared on Two's computer screen.

"Yes, I can hear you," Five said, under Borusa's control.

"Ah, there I am, I mean there you are," Two responded. "We've reached the Tower. Everypony is safe, the TARDIS has been freed, and we've made quite the interesting discovery."

"Say no more," Five interjected. "I'm coming to you via Transmat alongside Lord President Borusa. We're going to leave the rest to him."

Five's tranmission ceased.

"A bit rude, isn't he?" Two muttered.

"He merely wished to avoid us mentioning Rassilon's secrets," One pointed out. "Perfectly natural."

"I think something seems off," Three argued.

"You're just the panicky type," Two replied.

"I'm not panicky!"

"But you do go looking for trouble. Remember that Vashta Nerada are in any shadow, not every shadow," Two joked.

"What's a Vashta Nerada?" Twilight asked.

All Three Doctors gave the same answer. "I'll explain later."

"Personally, I think the dandy may have a point," One said.

"Thank you!"

Two muttered rude things under his breath. "Well," he spoke out, "once he arrives you'll see that nothing is wrong."

Author's Note:

Only one more chapter to go! Not sure if happy or sad...

The chance to write the words 'reverse the polarity of the neutron flow' is glorious. If you've written a Doctor Whooves fic and haven't yet, why not?

My next few stories are listed in my profile, so if there's one you want to see, get your requests ready.