• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 441 Views, 12 Comments

Follow Me - catluvr2



A mysterious girl shows up in a young man's life, is she what she seems to be?

  • ...
3
 12
 441

The Alley

Hi. My name's... well, it's kind of funny, what my name is. You see, it used to be something else, but that changed. I didn't have my name legally changed, if that's what you're thinking. No, the truth is weirder. MUCH weirder.

See, I used to live in a city where weird is normal, so I didn't think anything about the green-haired girl I saw one day. The thing is, I saw her the next day as well. She waved at me, then walked down an alley I hadn't noticed before. I was on the city bus and late for work, so I had to go to work. Luckily the next day was Saturday, so I took the bus to the alley where I saw her. Not surprisingly, she was there. I got off the bus, walked the two blocks back to where she was, and I said hello. She just smiled and walked to an old-fashioned red door about three quarters of the way down the alley. She opened it, and there was light coming from the inside. Before I knew it, she had vanished, the door shut.

I went to the door and tried the handle. It was locked.

I thought that was most peculiar. I left to go home.

After about a month, I had almost forgotten about the door and the mysterious girl. That is, until I got a letter in the mail...

The letter came to my apartment. It had my address on it, but it was addressed to "Yarn Purl". The return address was even stranger.

Lyra H.
157 Hoofington Lane
Apt. 209
Ponyville, EQ P0V 0A6

I opened it up. It said
"Dear Mr. Purl,
You haven't heard of me, but I've heard of you. I'd like to meet you again and show you what's on the other side of that door. It's like nothing you've ever experienced before. Trust me, I think you'll enjoy it.
∩∩,
Lyra"

Intrigued, I took the bus over to the alley. It was another Saturday, so I wasn't working. She was there.
Before I could ask her about the odd ending of her letter, we were through the door.


The first impression I had after coming through the door was of coming out of something. I looked behind me and saw a closet.
"Oh good, it was a unicorn this time! I was starting to get tired of all those Earth ponies. No offence, BonBon." A feminine voice came from off to my left, behind a wall. I couldn't help but wonder what she meant by unicorn and Earth pony, not to mention that BonBon is a weird name, no matter what sex you are. Then I saw them.
The first pony I saw was a mint green pony with kind of a butch haircut, and her mane's more blue than her coat, aside from the white stripe down the middle. The second pony is an off-white, almost kind of a cream color with navy blue and pink in a swirly mane. She said "None taken, Lyra," and she then went to sit down on a sofa. Don't ask me to explain how she sat down, it was weird. Then she said "But shouldn't you ask their permission first before you take them here? And I'm sure that's not how they were where they're from!"
I looked down at myself for the first time since going through the door. I gasped, as I was no longer 6 feet tall, white-skinned, or wearing clothes. I was now about 3 feet tall, I had a short coat of orange fur, and I felt like something was poking up from my forehead between my... ears? First of all, I was pretty sure that my ears didn't belong at the top of my head. Secondly, what business did anything have to stick up between my ears? I ran to a mirror. In it, I saw an orange unicorn with a brown mane and green eyes.
I did the only sensible thing I could think of then.

I fainted.

Author's Note:

The deviantART version can be found at The Alley. I'll try to keep the two versions updated simultaneously.

test