• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 494 Views, 4 Comments

Gummy's Clean Break - SandyShores



After several years of smuggling goods through Ponyville, Gummy decides it's time to quit the business, and maybe settle down with a nice pony. He just hopes he can make a clean break.

  • ...
 4
 494

Chapter 2

“Are you kidding me?”

“No, and trust me I hate this as much as you do.”

“I doubt that very much.”

“Listen Angel, Rocky put me up to this and you wouldn’t want to disappoint him, right?” The green gator asked knowing Angel in fact wouldn’t want to upset Rocky.

Angel looked Gummy up and down before letting out a sigh “Well what exactly would you need me for anyway, don’t you think there’s a better option for the amount of cider you’re planning on smuggling?”

“I think in this particular case, your tunnels might come in handy the most. Using them we could easily sneak the cider underground where it’ll disappear and allow us to safely transport it to edge of the Everfree forest.” Gummy told, knowing it was in fact the best strategy he had.

“Well I suppose it’d be an easy enough job, as long as my guys stay out of sight when they’re above.” Angel replied. “Now, about my fee.”

“Don’t worry you’ll get your usual 30% with no arguments this time” Gummy knew the rabbit always got his fair share, and was probably the greediest of any creature he worked with. He’d usually put up a fight only allowing 20%, but would slowly meet his cunning associate’s demands at 30% of the cut.

“I’ll cut right to it, half. I want half the cut this time.” Angel replied

“Are you out of your mind?!” Gummy seriously considered turning his often debate partner into his late lunch, but thought about how bad it would look ending his time with Rocky while having to add ‘oh and I ate the rabbit in charge of the tunnel system, so forget about using that for a while.’

“I know it’s a lot, I’ll even admit it this time, but the guys I wanna use aren’t exactly cheap. This isn’t exactly taking a book or swiping some potion you know. You’re asking me to move as much cider as I can, as quietly as I can, and you want me to start the whole operation in just a couple of hours” Angel knew he had the rabbits to get it done but knew they wouldn’t work cheap.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t have laid in the sun all afternoon thinking so much about rocky’ Gummy thought to himself and although this left him with no room for his own cut.
He realized it was better to keep Rocky happy if he wanted any chance of a clean break, and that meant surrendering to the rabbit. “Fine you got yourself a deal, but you’d better get going, I’d hate to upset Rocky today.”

“And why exactly would you hate to upset Rocky today more than any other day?” the rabbit wondered.

“Well I was keeping this quiet but I’m planning on retiring from the smuggling business, maybe settle down with a real owner. The smuggling may lead to the high life, but the town’s been growing, it’s getting riskier by the day, and I’ve seen enough of my friends go down to know that if I don’t quit soon I’m going down too.” Gummy answered.

“Well, you better be careful sometimes Rocky, you know, loses it.” With that the rabbit was off leaving Gummy alone to consider his thoughts.


‘With the plan set in action, there’s no better time than to let him know now’ He knew it was now or never as he made his way over to meet Rocky.