• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 404 Views, 18 Comments

Those Days Still Lurking - xXQw3rtyXx



It's been 15 years since Shining Armor has last seen his dearest little sister. Alot has changed, and so has he. Will Twilight still remember his B.B.B.F.F?

  • ...
 18
 404

Goodbye (Prologue)

I had just walked Twilie back to the train, and stood there as it slowly vanished out of sight. Most of the blizzard had simply vanished every since Twilie, or should I say Spike and Cadence, had rebanished King Sombra. I trotted back toward the empire with a smile on my face, yet, I felt so empty. Most of the crystal ponies had gone home, but a few remained by the side of Cadence, the Crystal Princess, asking her questions, or just plainly trying to make friends. She seemed to be having a great time, so I attempted to sneak past without her noticing, but failed.

"Hey Shiny, where you going?" Cadence had just appeared at my side, "some of these ponies want to get to know you." I smiled at them, and offered to answer some questions. It surprisingly went by quickly, considering the amount of ponies waiting in a line that seemed to go a mile back. One of the more insensitive ponies asked my why I would toss my hurt and famished wife like a football across a span of 143.8 meters (according to him, measured by hand). I just waved him off, rather rudely, and answered the next pony in line.

When the last person in line came up to me, Cadence started to the sky, "Im really tired, I'll be in the castle if you need me!" and flew off. The last person's questions was really short, "What's your name?" He was in the adolescent years, or atleast from what I could tell. "Shining Armor," I said proudly, like there was nothing else in the universe that sounded better. "Cool, my name's Flik," and that blue and yellow pony galloped off to another group of adolescents, probably his friends.

I could still see Cadence, merely a spec, but still halfway to the castle. As usual, my taste for showing off got the best of me. This would take a lot out of me, and I would probably throw up after this, but I still did it. The tip of my industrial white horn glowed with a bright bulb of light, and it expanded, and in mere seconds, a flash of bright light encased my body for no more than half a second, and I was gone.

I didn't really land where I expected. I was aiming for the couch, but it was just a little bit off, and I fell flat faced on the coffee table's glass pane, just in time for Cadence to watch me sit up, rubbing my snout. She looked away, stifling a laugh, "Always showing off aren't you?" I snickered in amusement and awe to how she always get's me and what I'm doing so well. "If you were going to teleport such a long distance, you should've done it in seperate, shorter distance teleportations, to increase your accuracy, and conserver energy," and yet again, Cadence's vast knowledge on magic amazes me, and I began to wonder if she were really Celestia in disguise, as she demonstrated her explanation by teleporting around the room, not damaging or touching a single unwanted object. "How do you do that Cadence? After all these years, you still never answered my question," I lied down on the couch and watched as she lie down beside me. She opened her mouth, as to begin to speak, but hesitated for some reason then said instead, "Can't tell you Shiny, it's a secret," Cadence explained with a grin. I smiled back at her. She rested her neck atop mine, tilted her head sideways, and managed to whisper these few words before dozing off to sleep, "I love y- ZZZZZZZZZZ." My smile widened, "I love you too, Cadence," I put my arm around her body, and daintly fell asleep with her, wondering how she snored louder than myself.

It wasn't a very long nap, about half an hour at the most. I was awaken when the window shattered into a million pieces, just to be remade and the shards put back in place. My vision was still a little groggy so I was confused at what was going on. I just realized that Cadence wasn't next to me anymore, and terror struck my mind, "Has Sombra returned?" This thought was soon to be proven wrong as Celestia was standing over me. Her face wore the usual nonchalant smile, "Hello Shining Armor, I am very sorry for the rude awakening, but there is important business needing attendance to. And don't worry about Cadence, she's in the kitchen."

The next thing I knew, I was in the carriage and flying away. I caught the final glimpse of Celestia and Cadence chatting, probably explaining what was going on. My magic wouldn't work, and I wouldn't dare jump the carriage. The two royal guards flying the carriage could pay no less attention to me, but there were several more guards beside and behind me. Just then, something that felt of electricity zapped my back, I fell forward, my horn painfully hitting the rail of the carriage, and my vision went dark, and I was fast asleep.

Author's Note:

Seriously, this is my first fic. And like before, I would respect pointing out any grammar errors, spelling, and even if anything's wrong with the stories plot, but please, just don't do it in a rude and insulting way. Thank you!

-xXQw3rtyXx
-xXQw4rtyXx
-Ferst2Fewnerrawl221
-juicedPL0XxY
-BronySheeva9999
(Everything after xXQw3rtyXx is fake lolololololol)