• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 879 Views, 38 Comments

It Starts in Charlotte - Cloud Quake



What would happen if a wave of magical energy direct from Equestria itself were to impact our planet?

  • ...
6
 38
 879

Prologue

Three faces appear in a dimly lit room somewhere deep underneath Canterlot, Equestria is at war with an unknown ancient evil that has driven the entire population into hiding, all attempts to stop it have ended in disaster. Now is not a time for explanation however, there are things that must be discussed, for only a few moments remain before all is gone.

"We must do it! There is no way we can survive if we don't!"

"It is far too risky, while using that method would take it out for sure, there is an equal chance it could take out every living thing in Equestria!"

"Well does anyone else have any other ideas that might be better? There is simply no other way to stop this evil..."

"We could always try the elements of harmony aga-"

"NO! The elements have already failed once, we're extremely lucky the bearers are still alive!"

There is a silence in the room that is suddenly interrupted by a loud pounding at the barricaded steel door, rattling the hinges.

"We must do it now, there is no other option!"

"Alright, yes, we must hurry though!"

"Agreed."

The pounding at the door increased in volume and a black mist began to seep through from underneath. The three figures form a circle in the center of the room and form a white aura around them. The aura grew to a blinding brightness and erupted into a blast that would mimic that of ten million atomic bombs just as an unspeakable creature made its way into the room. Unfortunately for the creature it was instantly turned to dust as the purging white light expanded outwards at a rapid rate, coating all of Equestria in mere seconds, turning all of the evil that had been plaguing the land into nothing. All was quiet in the following minutes.

At the Whitetail Woods outpost a bird is heard chirping, several ponies lift their heads at hearing this to see a blue sky for the first time in weeks. They smiled and they cheered, knowing that the evil was finally gone as more birds began to sing their songs again.

Most ponies thought the spell that had been performed would have no consequences, and they were right, it wouldn't have any consequences, for them at least. The wave of pure magical energy that had dispelled the evil continued to travel even after it had cleaned Equestria, traveling into the depths of space, causing severe distortions and anomalies wherever it managed to find itself.

2009. NASA headquarters

Things are usual in the offices of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration; however an intern walking between the cubicles was carrying quite the unusual set of papers that had just been faxed in from the Australia Telescope National Facility. The papers are set on the desk in conference room c where the higher ranking officials will discuss the information that the Australians reported. Eventually four men arrive in the room, one sitting at the head of the table with the papers in front of him.

"This is quite the predicament we have here; do we have any explanations for it yet?" Said the man at the head of the table as he looked over the papers with a puzzled look on his face.

"Well whatever it is has caused extreme disturbances on the outer edges of the solar system, and it just doesn't make any sense at all."

"Do you have any examples of these anomalies by chance?"

"Yes, the image I am about to show you was sent here about an hour ago by the ANTF." A projector screen lowers from the ceiling showing a picture of a small planet covered with patches of colorful plant life.

"This is Pluto as of five hours ago..."

"That's impossible! Pluto doesn't even have an atmosphere; it couldn't have just randomly gotten one!"

"And it never did, the plant life appeared then vanished ten minutes later."

So the telescope that captured the image must have malfunctioned, that's the only possible explanation!"

"We thought so too at first, but every telescope and satellite we could access showed the same thing."

"So that probably means the public saw it too."

"Yes, but surprisingly enough not that many people have heard about it. The administration is currently doing everything in its power to remove all evidence."

"Good good, have any other anomalies been reported?"

A third man at the meeting sat up and spoke; "we have confirmed reports of rainbows on Jupiter."

"Well after seeing fucking FLOWERS on PLUTO I can believe that!" The man at the head of the table exclaimed before resting his head in his hands.

"We have about four years before it can affect our planet."

"If it's causing flowers and rainbow I don't think we have much to worry about..."

They never really realized just how wrong they were

Author's Note:

I'm still somewhat annoyed with myself for making this and the next chapter so short >.> Chapters after these two will definitely be a lot longer.