• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 575 Views, 2 Comments

Eye See You - catluvr2



When Twilight finds out about a long-lost artifact, will she go to investigate?

  • ...
9
 2
 575

6

"Rarity, I'm back! It took a while to find the lace, but I finally... huh?"
Yarn Purl stood looking at where Carousel Boutique was, or rather, where it had been. It was totally destroyed by Malevolent Spell.
"Oh no! Now we've got to rebuild it, and all those dresses Rarity was working on..."
Yarn Purl went off to go find Rarity to tell her about what had happened to her shop.

Rarity already knew that her shop had been destroyed, as she heard it from Rainbow Dash, who was watching what Malevolent Spell was doing.
"Come on, we need to go stop her!" Rainbow Dash led the way to the middle of town, followed by Spike, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack, who had decided that hiding "wasn't gonna be any help to anypony". Once they got there, they saw Malevolent Spell next to the fountain.
"THERE YOU ARE! PREPARE FOR YOUR DOOM!"
"Not if we can help it. Ahem." Spike started reading the friendship letters that Princess Celestia had sent to Twilight when they were trying to defeat Discord.
After a while, the little dragon stopped and said "I know you're in there, Twilight! Come on out and fight Malevolent Spell! Your friends are counting on you, and you're the only one who can stop this."
Suddenly, Malevolent Spell's green eyes flickered purple. "WHAT? NOOOOOOOOooooooooo...." Malevolent Spell shrieked as she was surrounded by a white glow not unlike when Twilight uses her element. She was lifted into the air without the use of her wings, and suddenly her wings shrunk back into her body, she lightened in color, and she shrunk back to her normal size. She landed rather roughly on the ground next to the fountain.
"Twilight? Are you okay?" Spike asked.
"ohh, my head... Thank you, Spike, for helping to release me from Malevolent Spell's bonds." Twilight Sparkle cuddled the dragon. "Now I wonder what the story is behind that evil eye. I'm sure there is one, we just have to find it."
A golden stallion and a pink mare walked up to them. "Did you just say something about an evil eye?" the stallion said.
"Yes, we were wondering about the history behind it. Do you know anything about it, Mr...?"
"Call me Fair Row, and my wife is Fuss Row. She's the District Attorney for Ponyville, and I'm the judge. Yes, I know quite a bit about that eye; my father, Horus, made it. I have no idea why he made it; it's caused nothing but trouble for anypony who's found it."
"Well, thank you, Fair Row, for telling us about the history of the evil eye." Twilight Sparkle told Fair Row. "Wait a minute... Horus? Not Horace?"
"Yes, well, the old books got his name wrong and they refused to correct it. Some ponies can be SO stubborn..." They all laughed at that.
"Come on, everypony, we've got some rebuilding to do," Spike said.
"Can you take a note first, Spike?" Twilight asked.
"Sure thing, Twi!"

Author's Note:

Well, with an evil eye on the loose, were you expecting me NOT to make an Egyptian reference?

Also, Fuss Row, D.A.