• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 904 Views, 29 Comments

An unexpected surprise - applejack2357

  • ...
2
 29
 904

The start

It started like any other day in Ponyville; Rainbow Dash was clearing the clouds for another beautiful day. She was anxious to get done, for this was the two-year friendship anniversary of her and her friends. They were to meet at Sweet Apple Acres around noon to have a picnic and have some fun. She cleared the sky in ten seconds flat, and then went to their favorite tree at Sweet Apple Acres. Considering she was ahead by an hour, she decided to take a small nap while she waited for the rest of them to show up.

***

Rainbow yawns. She gets up, stretches, and then opens her eyes. What she saw she couldn’t believe. She was still at Sweet Apple Acres, and the sun was setting. Her friends never showed up.

“What? Why didn’t they show up?” Rainbow said. Her immediate reaction was to the nearest place: Sweet Apple Acres. She went up to the front door and knocked. Normally, Applejack would answer the door, but Big Macintosh answered instead.

“Is Applejack here?” Rainbow asked.

“Nope” Big Mac said.

“Do you know where she is?”

“Nope”

“Do you at least know where she headed last?”

“Nope”

Rainbow groaned as she flew off to Sugarcube Corner. She went inside and saw Mrs. Cake.

“Oh, hello, Rainbow Dash. What brings you here?” Mrs. Cake asked.

“Have you seen Pinkie Pie? I can’t find her anywhere.” Rainbow asked.

“I’m afraid I haven’t. I would tell you if I have, but I haven’t seen her all day. Sorry I can’t be of help.”

Rainbow then heads out the door to Twilight’s tree house. After knocking on the door for about five minutes, Spike answers the door.

“Is Twilight here?” Rainbow asked

“No, I haven’t seen her all day. I’m getting worried.” Spike said.

“Well, would you happen to know where they went?”

“Last I saw, they were heading towards Town Hall. Does that help?”

“Yes. Actually, that does help.” Rainbow Dash flew over to Town Hall. She couldn’t believe she didn’t realize it earlier. They were having the party at Town Hall. They must’ve come looking for her at her home, but couldn’t find her considering she was at their tree. Though she felt stupid, she burst through the Town Hall doors with a smile.

“Don’t worry girls, I’m-“

The room was dark. Not a sound, not a pony.

“Here.” She was upset. She sighed as she shut the door behind her. She went back to the tree house and knocked on the door again. Spike came out.

“Twilight?” He said hopefully, and then saw Rainbow Dash. “Oh.”

“Sorry, Spike. I can’t find any of them anywhere. I don’t know where else to look.” Rainbow said, disappointed, “This was supposed to be our two-year anniversary of our friendship. Where could they have gone?”

“I wish I knew. Twilight doesn’t usually stay out this long. Who else could know?”

“I’m… not sure. Who could I ask?”

“Well, what about Octavia and Vinyl? They might know.”

“That is a possibility.” She then flew off to their home. She got to their home and knocked on the door. Of course, Vinyl was playing her- dub step, as she called it- and it was too loud for anyone to hear anything; especially her knocking on the door. So she kicked it open and saw Octavia trying to play some music on her cello, but couldn’t concentrate because of the dub step. Vinyl Scratch, seeing Rainbow kick in the door, turned off the dub step.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash. Why you bustin’ in my door for?” Vinyl asked.

“Well, I’m trying to find my friends. I was hoping you knew where to find them.” Rainbow said, “And I was knocking for, like, five minutes.”

“That doesn’t give you any reason to kick our door down.” Octavia stated. Rainbow hated her voice. Rainbow and Vinyl have been friends since they were fillies, but when Octavia moved in, she didn’t come around as often, but considering they both loved music, Vinyl let her stay, which was a complete mystery to Rainbow, how two opposite types of music can live under one roof.

Rainbow sighed then spoke.

“Well, would you two happen to know where they are?”

“I don’t. Sorry, Rainbow,” Vinyl said, “What about you, Octavia?”

“I can’t say that I have. Sorry I can’t be of any help.” She said.

“I mean, Twilight did stop by earlier, but she didn’t stay very long, and she didn’t seem like she was in trouble.” Vinyl said.

“Well, thanks anyways.” Rainbow said, slowly going out the door and shutting it behind her. After she shut the door, the dub step started almost immediately after, giving her a fright. After catching her breath, she started going door-to-door, pony-to-pony, trying to find anything she could. Anything. Then she remembered: There were three more places she could look; The Boutique, Fluttershy’s cottage, and the park. She immediately flew to the park. It was almost dark now; she could hardly see. Considering her place was on the way to the park, she stopped by her place to grab a headlamp. After putting it on, she flew to the park. After searching and searching, she saw something out of the corner of her eye. Excited, she looked over there. It was a bunny. “Oh, man. What am I gonna do? I wish I cou- Wait. A bunny?” She looked over at the bunny. It was a pure white, and it was eating a carrot. It was Angel. Rainbow flew over to Angel and nabbed him up.

“Please tell me you know where Fluttershy is.” Rainbow said. Angel, being unable to speak, simply shook his head.

“Well, ok. Let me take you home.” She said as she started flying towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

***

After checking Fluttershy’s cottage and Rarity’s Boutique with no luck, she went back to Twilight’s tree house. Before she knocked on the door, she was hit over the head and was knocked out. A hooded figure stands over her with a wicked smile.