• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 533 Views, 12 Comments

Life, liberty, and the Pursuit of Bits. - Timemaster



Beggar Gold is a greedy, self-absorbed, stallion who only cares for himself... and that might just save the world.

  • ...
3
 12
 533

Times Gone By. (Part 1)

Gold and Lady Bountiful both walk slowly towards a darkened alley. It smelled of mold and urine, had a couple of odd puddles, and was very cramped; but it has a certain charm to it that makes you want to hurl. Lady Bountiful looked absolutely disgusted, looking at Gold with slight anger. "Why are we in this wretched place?" She asks lightly, hoping she wouldn't make Gold angry. Gold just looks at her with a straight face, continuing on with the walk. Before fuming at Gold for dodging the question, he points in front of himself. Shifting the golden bag on top of her, she peers towards where he is pointing.

A pile of cloths and pillows of all sorts laid there in disgrace. Rips and tears were apparent on the pile, feathers were falling by the dozen, and each had an individual stain; but what intrigued Lady the most was not the embarrassing state of the cloths and pillows, but what was on top of them. On the rather large pile laid 2 ponies, both pegasi-- a mare and a staillion, who were both sleeping in the middle of the day. Confused, Lady looks more closely and sees a sight of true horror.

The stallion pegasus' wings were more than just damaged, as most pegasi get when they are roughed up around here. These wings were clipped and burned. Charcoal black markings cover the stallions perfectly blue feathers and mane; long scars brim his sides, seeming to be defensive wounds; and a weird insignia was placed over his cutie mark.

Lady Bountiful is appalled that somepony could do this to another, so she is even more shocked when she sees the mare beside him. The mare is in perfect condition-- not even a scratch on her perfectly purple mane or body, yet the stallion had endured so much. "How--?" Lady says, but stops herself, for asking that would be offensive. Turning towards Gold, he says, with a slightly sorrowful voice, "She is going to be safe... as long as Blue Haven is with her."

Lady stares blankly at Gold. Gold just stares off to his left, saying, "It doesn't concern you." he huffs, "It is time to leave this place." He begins to trot away (silently, as to not wake the couple), but Lady quickly says, "Aren't you going to say goodbye?"

He continues on his walk, not even stopping for a second.

Lady looks at the couple once more, seeing their happiness together... and walks back to join Gold--A little more bounce in her step. She looks at Gold's face, seeing only a slight smile. His eyes catch her watching and the smile disappeared. Annoyed, but knowing how Gold feels, she keeps to herself as they go through the alleyway...


The day is bright and sunny...

A young stallion walked towards his friend, both of whom are covered in mud, and laughs. They had their first fight over something that they did not even remember. They both sit down onto the mud, their laughs becoming smiles. The young stallion raised his small hoof to block the sun from his eyes, only to see another (younger) stallion walking towards them. The stallion, himself, had a smile upon his face and a pair of misty white towels in his saddlebag. The younger stallion hoofs his friends the towels, cracking up a bit.

The other friend looks towards the younger stallion and giggles, her face becoming a little pink. The other stallion just sits beside them...

A small scowl--that show his teeth, upon his face.


Gold's face takes the form of a scowl upon remembering those days. Lady, being behind him (the gold in her saddlebag is very heavy), doesn't notice. Gold begins to walk a little faster, passing many smaller alleyways as he strides.

"What is wrong, pauper?" Lady asks, not wanting to walk faster with the weight.

"... Sorry." Gold says, slowing down considerably, "I just remembered something that I wish to not remember."

Lady just shrugs and carries on, while Gold considered to go on a linear course. The alleys beside them were clattered with mess, but seemed very clean. Much cleaner than the other alleys, that is. Lady follows Gold as he turns a corner to an odd alleyway...


A few hours of seemingly endless walking later...


A large light shines from a source to their right, nearly blinding them in this evening darkness. Lady Bountiful jump a bit, but sees Gold is standing still. She does the same. The light grows slightly, but stops. The light changes tint, becoming an ominous grey.

Lady Bountiful quivers in slight fear, while Gold stands still.

Then, a metallic voice is heard. "Sector 4--Clear."

Lady gulps, scared for her life. She finally knows what this thing is. She finally remembers...

She is still.

Gold starts moving, but notices that Lady is still standing still. He walks towards her, nudging her. No response. He nudges her again. She blinks and smiles in an embarrassed way. Gold smiles, too.

Lady's face then becomes a face of pure terror. Her eyes seem to be screaming at Gold, but he doesn't know why. Gold looks behind him, but only sees stars...

Author's Note:

I fixed a few things in the first chapter (Thanks Sypher), so you guys should re-read it if you are lost in any way. I cut this chapter a bit short because I have to take a break. My illness has gotten to the point of random headaches. I am sorry if this chapter was bad.