• Published 21st Jan 2012
  • 1,122 Views, 20 Comments

The origins of Ditzy Doo - Joshua PickleSmith



Ever wondered what Ditzy Doo, "Derpy Hooves" was like before the series?

  • ...
0
 20
 1,122

Lesson Cutie Mark

Chapter 2: Lesson Cutie Mark

"So why was your mother carrying you anyway?" said one of her friends as soon as the Ditzie's Mom had set off in the opposite direction. "oh that, well" *Ring* *Ring.* "ahh fiddle sticks" said an unknown pony in the crowded playground. "I'll tell ya later" said Ditzy between her teeth, when in reality she had no intention of telling her friends, or for that matter anyone, she didn't want people thinking she was a baby. One by one the ponies entered the building to their respectable classrooms and sat down in their given seats.

"Hellooooo" said the overly cheerful Sharley. Today is a very special lesson, so everyone get out your pencils. Sharley seemed to be never upset or angry, it's as if her only emotion, her only reason for living... Was to laugh and be happy. Even when punishing disobedient pupils she always was subtle and was always as optimistic as ever.

"Today we will be learning a very special lesson, we will be learning about..." Sharley paused for a few seconds as she got out her chalk and pressed against the black board. As she spoke as she wrote out each letter as if she was teaching a class for exceptionally slow fillies. "C-U-T-I-E M-A-R-K-S, ah there we go, Cutie marks! Now let start off by asking everypony to put up your hooves if you have a cutie mark. Ditzy was amazed at how many had already got their cutie marks. At least 15 out of the 20 students had already got their cutie marks. "I hadn't even noticed before" Ditzy said to herself, quiet enough for no one to hear. "oh what a great turn out," Shardy giggled to herself. "Now I know there is no need to tell you what a cutie mark is since you have no doubt already asked any family members of friends what that mark is on their thigh so there is no need."

You can say that again, I've had enough lessons on cutie marks to last a lifetime said Ditzy in her head, this must be the 3rd lesson on cutie marks this year, what else is their to learn? and it only gives the show-offs a chance to show-off their "special" talents, I mean, what kind of a cutie mark is a fork anyway? what could that possibly mean as a cutie mark?

"Ditzy" said the ever joyous teacher, what are you good at?"

Ditzy had unknown to her been daydreaming for quite some time so when she came back to consciousness was at the peak of confusion. "uhh, I, dunno" uncertainly replied the confused Pegasus.

"Ahh come on Ditzy what are you better at than everyone else here?" Ditzy was surprised at the question, the pause in her reply caused the entire class to look at her awaiting a response. She had to say something and fast "uhh uhh" Ditzy said the first thing that came to her head, which was unfortunately.

"Muffins."