• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 874 Views, 18 Comments

The Un-Picked Apple - xXC1NGLXx



Applejack and friends are enjoying there Summer holidays, but they are all confused by an un-expected visitor!!

  • ...
7
 18
 874

Summer Fun

It was a sunny summer’s day in Ponyville, the birds were singing, the sun was shining, the apples in the orchard let off the brightest shade of red you had ever seen. One pony named ‘Applejack’ was enjoying her morning stroll through the glorious apple orchard, when suddenly there was a blast of colour and a magnificent rainbow appeared in the sky. Applejack was filled with joy when she seen it.

“Show off,” she smiled, and suddenly a cyan blue Pegasus landed next to her.

“I wouldn’t call it showing off so much,” the Pegasus replied. Applejack rolled her eyes and started walking down the path.

“I gotta train hard. You never know the Wonderbolts might accept me into their team If I stick to my early routine,” said the Pegasus hovering above Applejack.

“Well then Rainbow, I suppose while you’re here you can help me buck these apple trees then,” replied Applejack with a smirk on her face.

“Well........ I guess I could use the excersie,” thought Rainbow Dash with her hoof on her head.

“Then let’s buck to it,” chuckled Applejack.

Meanwhile on the other side of Ponyville, Fluttershy, a lighly yellow coated Pegasus was having a nice cup of tea with her friend Rarity, a white coated Unicorn.

“Why this tea is magnificent Fluttershy,” complimented Rarity taking long sips of her cup of tea.

“Well thank you, Angel insisted I should of tried it,” replied Fluttershy smiling at Angel, her pet rabbit which seemed pleased with his choice.

“HI FLUTTERSHY,” yelled a pink coated pony.

“Pinkie Pie, could you please lower your voice?” asked a purple coated unicorn.

“But I can’t Twilight, I’m just so excited, are you excited, I’m really really excited, I’m so excited I could..,” replied Pinkie Pie as she was cut off my Fluttershy.

“Hi there Pinkie, Twilight, would you like a cup of tea?” asked Fluttershy looking over her fence.

“Well that would be smashing,” replied Twilight as she walked up the path.

“Smashing? Why would you wanna smash something,” asked Pinkie with a confused face.
“HUH!” sighed Twilight.

Meanwhile, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were bucking the trees and the apples fell like rain. Applejack was doing a brilliant job and was pleased with herself, however Rainbow Dash was not.

"Huh, these stupid tree's won't let me buck them," moaned Rainbow Dash swinging her back hoofs at the trees.

"Rainbow, you have to be on the ground if you wanna get a clear shot," replied Applejack sighing at Rainbow Dash.

"Oh," blushed Rainbow Dash hoping no pony saw her. Suddenly Applebloom (Applejack's little sister) came running down the path.

"Sis sis, you gotta come see the photo album Granny Smith just found," yelled Applebloom

"Well hold your horses Applebloom, I'm just coming. You'll be ok here won't you Rainbow?" said Applejack giving a funny look at Rainbow Dash

"I'll be fine, just gotta get used to stayin on the ground," replied Rainbow Dash bucking her hind legs at a tree.
---------------
"Wow Granny, all these pictures go back decade's ago," said Applejack in amazment. Suddenly a picture caught Applejack's. It was a filly Pegasus, but since the photo was in black and white she could see what colour the pony was.

"Heh Granny, who's that," questioned Applejack pointing at the picture. Granny Smith started getting worried and replied with a simple,

"Ok that's enough lookin at these pictures."

Applejack wasn't satisfied. Who was that filly in the photo, the pony must be apart of the Apple Family if the pony was in the album. Suddenly Rainbow Dash wobbled through into the room. She looked very dizzy.

"Uh, App-lejack, army of ap-p-les," said Rainbow as she collapsed on the floor, her eyes spinning round and round. Applejack felt sorry for her, but was still curious about the photo.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity.

"Well howdy yawl," said Applejack as she opened the door.

"RAINBOW DASH IS...... DEAD!" yelled Pinkie and she suddenly fainted.

"Huh," sighed Twilight.

"Sorry Applejack, she's been like this all day," said Twilight. Applejack was still thinking about that picture that she didn't even hear Twilight speak to her.

"Uh, Applejack are you feeling ok?" asked Twilight with a suspicous look on her face.

"Uh, what? Uh, Yes, I'm just fine Twilight," replied Applejack. "I'm just abit suspicious that's all."

"But, why?" questioned Twilight, "It's summer you should be out having fun."

"I'm just concerned, because I seen a picture of a little filly in a photo album Granny found. I asked her who it was but she didn't want to tell me," replied Applejack.

"Hmmm, sounds abit spooky to me," said Fluttershy, "Anyway, we came her asking you if you wanted to go swimming down at the lake?"

"Why that sounds marvelous, it shoud help me get a few things off my mind," replied Applejack now seeming more relaxed.

"Uh," mumbled Rainbow Dash still lying on the floor.

"AHHHHHH, SHE LIVES!!!!!" yelled Pinkie on her knees with her hoofs in the air.
---------------
Down at the lake all the ponies were having fun, even a half conscious Pegasus. They were diving off a cliff into the lake, even Fluttershy got the courage to jump off the cliff.

"Weeeeee," yelled Fluttershy silently, and she splashed into the pool with a quiet little splish. Angel and Pinkie held up a sign with a 10 and a 9 on it.

It was now Applejack's turn, so far no one had beaten Rainbow Dash's super awesome mega triple flip. Everypony was certain she would beat her. Suddenly a lightning storm whipped up. Everypony was very confused.

"Rainbow, I thought you said it was supposed to be sunny with a cool breeze today," yelled Twilight hoping she heard her over the sound of the wind and thunder.

"I don't know why the weather's like this, Derpy probably messed up again, and even if she did, there wouldn't be enough to make a storm like this," replied Rainbow yelling over the rustling of the trees. Applejack started backing away from the edge of the cliff, when suddenly there was a crash of lightning which broke the side of the cliff she was standing on.

"APPLEJACK," everypony yelled as she came crashing down from the hill. Suddenly there was another crash of lightning and a shaded figure swooped in and caught her and took her back onto the top of the cliff. Just after that the storm stopped, and everypony was left stunned.

"What just happened?" question Rarity. Everypony seemed cluless.

"Who was that who saved her?" questioned Pinkie.

"I don't know, but who ever it was, there a pretty sweet flyer," said Rainbow Dash.

Who was the mysterious pony? Is Applejack alright? What will the outcome of this event be?