• Published 26th Feb 2013
  • 258 Views, 2 Comments

The Moon's Star - Moon Star

  • ...
 2
 258

Intro

The morning sun shone through the window. A yawn escaped my mouth as I trotted towards the door. Opening the door, screams echoed off the walls and ringed in my ears. I immediately slammed the door, shivering from what I heard. The screams lingered in my mind.

"Get out of here, you good for nothing waste!"

"Stay out of my life. STAY OUT OF IT FOREVER!!!"

The screeches grew louder and louder in my head. It rewinded like a broken record non-stop. " Make it stop!" I silently shrieked under my breath, holding the sides of my head with my hooves. Cold, salty tears rolled down my cheeks, as I silently listened in pain and agony to the screeches that surrounded me with darkness.

I shot my head into the air as soon as I heard hoof-steps near my bedroom door. I scrambled to my bed as fast I could and flung the silk, velevet bed-cover over my head, and dried away my tears.

"Pack your bags, Moon. Me and your father are getting divorced." said my mother. She growled in a harsh tone as she stomped towards my bed.

"But why, mother?" I asked, popping my head out from underneath the covers. "Aren't you and father happy?" I inquired.

"We're not, Moon. Just pack your bags!" she growled again but turning towards me with fierce, eyes clouded with grief.

"I-I'm sorry I asked, mother." I stammered, slowly climbing out of bed. She turned away and let out a heavy sigh, heading for the door until she murmered something too low for me to hear.

"Just shut up, Moon." she mumbled low enough so only she could hear. She walked out and closed my door, leaving only the window light shine my room. I dragged myself towards my closet, where only a few clothes and a suitcase lay. I took my suitcase and opened it.

"What's this?" I murmered softly as I slowly reached for a note inside my suitcase. I drew the note closer to me, to identify the note closely. They shown my two parents, happily standing side by side smiling.

I looked at the top right corner. 'Welcome to Paradise!' was printed in pink ink in cursive. An unexpected tear dropped on the portrait. "N-no, I mustn't cry. I must be strong!" I whispered to myself. I tossed the snapshot into the trash bin and finish packing my clothes. As soon as I finish, I zip up the zipper and grasp the suitcase's handle with my jaws. I slowly roll it out of my room, passing the empty trash bin which only contained the picture of my two parents.
I make my way tpwards the stairs. Each step clicks against my hoof lightly. Creeeeaaaaaaccccccccck, Crrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaccccccck goes the old wooden panels. "I'm ready... " I say faintly.
"Good. Let's go. I'm already tired of looking at these pictures. It makes me sick." grouched mother as she walked towards the door.
"Alright, mother..." I replied, walking with my head hung low to the ground. After I take one step outside. I stop and turn to take a look at the majestic house we own which will be taken by my mother.