• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 717 Views, 45 Comments

Mixed Arts - JasonCider



Jason Cider's unexpected love life. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
3
 45
 717

A break from the drama?

Hearing the door close, my eyes slowly opened and I turned over to look at the door. Seeing some cut hair beside my pillow was the last thing I wanted to see. Apparently my security still were accepting the fans' bribes. Guarding the famous model/rapper, Jason Cider, probably coated their pockets with quite a few bits

"Another wonderful day in my perfect life." I sarcastically said to the empty suite.

Checking the time on the bedside clock, I got out of my bed and headed to the bathroom to see the damage. That's when I got my second surprise of the morning. Trixie, one of my more determined stalkers, had left another indecent picture. This one was plastered over my bathroom's mirror, making it the first thing I saw. Using my magic, I ripped the photo from the mirror and turned it into confetti in agitation.

Ever since Trixie's show, The Great and Powerful Trixie, went down the tubes she'd pestered me to get 'together'. I'd known she had ulterior motives, so I had turned her down... multiple times. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that she'd started sending photos in the mail, but things obviously were getting worse.

"Can't that mare take a hint!" I angrily asked the tired-eyed unicorn in the mirror.

The white furred reflection simply stared back, looking a bit worse for wear. Whoever snuck into the room had cut off more than a few locks of his onyx mane. Thankfully they hadn't ruined his signature mane cut and had left his tail alone.

Hearing a knock on the door I peeked out of the bathroom door.

"Who is it?" I managed to ask, before my manager burst into the room. Even as she started to rant, the rest of her entourage barged in. Each pony looked eager for a command.

"Cider, ve need to make the magixs. You vere vanted on set in 30 minutes and..." Photo Finish paused mid sentence as she looked over my ragged appearance. Finally her gaze settled on the pile of confetti at my hooves. "Fanz?"

"One specifically." I replied, well aware of the foreboding stares the gathered ponies gave me.

Watching as Photo put a hoof to her muzzle in contemplation, the ponies behind her started to unpack various cosmetics and hair styling equipment. Gulping from the gleam in their eyes, I prepared for another insane costume change. I closed my eyes, waiting for the the sadistic primping to begin. Not feeling the onslaught of brushes, snipping of scissors and the tight confides of a tailored suit, I peeked out of one eye. She'd stopped her entourage with an upraised hoof.

"Thiz vill not do Cider. I cannot have my star looking so... stressed." seeming dejected, the ponies started putting away their stuff. "It vill be difficult to reschedule, but you needz time to relax. I probably can get you a few monthz off." Photo said, making my sigh inwardly with relief.

Finally some freedom from these jackals, I thought as one of the ponies put away a facial mask. I enjoyed the serenity of the moment before Picture Perfect spoke up again.

"So I'll be sending you to stay in Ponyville vith a friend of mine, she should have an extra room free. First ve need to redo that manecut though." In a flash the ponies had their tools in hand again.

"Nnnnoooo!" I silently screamed as they got to work.


This is nice, I thought while getting off the train. There wasn't a single paparazzi to be seen and best of all, no fans. All that greeted me was a mural of happy ponies with the words, Welcome To Ponyville, carefully painted in large block letters.

Grabbing my saddlebag and luggage from the train, I watched the train head back towards Canterlot. Watching it leave I remembered Photo's friend was waiting for me. During my 'makeover', Photo had made a quick call to her friend, Octavia. She'd soon agreed to rent me the room and meet me at the station. Using my magic, I picked up my luggage and started looking around for the gray-furred mare. It didn't take long for me to notice a mare fitting the description trotting to the station, her dark gray mane and tail flowing behind her.

"Sorry for my tardiness." the mare said after reaching me. "My name is Octavia. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Jason."

"Charmed...", lifting her hoof I gave it a quick kiss. "...and the train was running fast. Thank you for letting me stay at your house during my stay." I said, seeing a light blush on her face.

"Well, um, let us be off ." she stammered. Her reaction told me she didn't expect such a formal greeting.

I barely had time to grab my things before she started off for our destination. While we walked along, she started to give me a small tour of the landmarks. The first thing she pointed out was the apple orchard surrounding the path into town. "These orchards are farmed by the Apple family. They have the best apples in Equestria, from what I've heard. The building coming up is our library." she said, pointing at a converted oak tree. "If you can't find something our librarian, Twilight Sparkle, could inform you." she said before pointing at a well designed boutique. "And this is Carousel Boutique. It's owned by a unicorn named Rarity. She's tailored for many other famous individuals, including the designer Hoity Toity and singer Sapphire Shores."

As Octavia started to lead me away to the next landmark, a dramatic gasp made me look around in confusion. Seeing a pink mare running in the opposite direction, I felt a chill. "Maybe cutting this tour short would be a good idea." I mentioned to Octavia, pointing out the retreating mare.

From behind me Octavia chuckled as I turned back to her. "Don't worry about Pinkie Pie. She has her own way of doing things." she said, a strange smile upon her face.

"Kay'..." I answered, unsure about her smile


Exhausted from carrying my luggage, I collapsed on the guestrooms' comfy bed. Simultaneously the dull thud of my luggage dropping was heard. I lay for a few minutes, basking in the quaint atmosphere. Usually by this time I'd be headed off to my next photo shoot, screaming fans chasing after the taxi chariot. Instead I was lying contently in a warm bed with not a sound to be heard.

I lost track of time cause when I looked out the window, the sun hugged the horizon. I should probably get these organized. Giving the two luggage bags a distasteful look, I dragged myself from the bed and opened my luggage.

Lying on top were two rolls of parchment. Curious, I decided to investigate. I quickly chucked the first one, it was outfit care letter from Picture's seamstress. The other roll got my attention though. It had a small map and an 'X'. Putting on one of the jackets and some shades as a disguise, I decided to investigate the strange map. Heading out the door, I used the landmarks on the map and from Octavia's tour to navigate my way through the town.

Walking around, the eerie silence was starting to worry me. It was so busy earlier though, I thought. Looking down at the map I realized how close I was to the mystery location. Turning a final bend I noticed an unlit cake shop where the map had an 'X'. Giving the door a cautious push, I entered.

"Hello? Anypony there?" I questioned, hearing a small giggle from my left.

"SURPRISE!" A crescendo of voices answered as the lights flipped on. Standing under a large welcome banner, surrounded by party favors, was a huge group of ponies. I was suddenly glad I'd worn a disguise, recognizing a few fans. A few of the ponies came up to welcome me to Ponyville as most started to party

Glancing to the side, I noticed the pink mare from earlier looking at me with a wide grin. "Can I help you with...!" I started to say before she started to shake my hoof.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie and I noticed you before with Octavia! I heard Octavia's cousin would be in town but never met you before! Is Trottingham big? Are you a musician like your cousin? Can we hear some music!" Pinkie said before running off and returning with an assortment of instruments. She watched me again with an excited grin, slightly nudging a banjo forward.

Completely lost, I tried to decide what was the best way to answer.

I felt relieved when a female voice piped up behind me. "Sorry Pinkie, I need my cousin for awhile." Octavia said to Pinkie, softly tugging me in the opposite direction.

"Okay! Have a fun party Cider. La Lala La la!" Pinkie answered, as she skipped off to a table with cupcakes.

"You told her my name!" I whispered to Octavia as she walked me away.

"I'm just as surprised as you. I told everypony my cousin, White Noise, was coming. I never mentioned your name." she murmured but I didn't take much notice

I'd missed Octavia's response as I stared across the room. Standing in the corner was a white mare with an electric blue mane, nursing a mug of cider. My heartbeat started skipping a beat as I walked over to her. Getting closer she looked up from her drink.

"You must be White Noise. Nice to meetcha!" The mare said, draining her mug and wiping some of the froth from her muzzle. She then stuck her hoof out in greeting. "Name's Vinyl Scratch."

For a moment I was lost in her crimson eyes, before returning to reality. "...Oh! Nice to meet you!" I answered awkwardly, shaking her hoof.

I felt my heart stop when she flashed me a smile. "Care to join a lady for a drink, Noise." she placed her empty mug on a tray as we walked over to the refreshment table.


Slowly I opened my eyes the following morning. Never again..., I thought as the hangover set in. Hardly remembering the events of last night, I turned to leave the bed. Then I froze, a familiar blue manned mare was lying next to me. Still frozen by the shock, I watched as she opened her eyes and gave me a look.

"Mornin'!" she said rolling out of the bed.

"Morning... how did you get in my room?" I asked, getting a chuckle from Vinyl.

"You walked me home last night. Last night was gr..." she started to say before running from the room.

Following, I watched her run into the washroom. From outside I could hear the sound of the mare vomiting. As Vinyl occupied the washroom, I tried to recount last nights events. Each time the evidence led me to only one possibility.

"Photo's going to kill me if this becomes a scandal." I whispered, imagining my manager's wrath.

Author's Note:

Hello everypony, hows my favorite bronies doing tonight? Rate, favorite, and like please...thank you! Hope I got Photo's dialect right. Also the next chapter (s) may be in a different narration.