• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 1,025 Views, 4 Comments

Princess Celestia - Nuhri1995



Being a princess can easily become boring, but Celestia has always had a solution should things get critical.

  • ...
1
 4
 1,025

Hard At Work

At the Canterlot palace, the throne room was rarely a quiet place. Each and every day the princess of the sun had to deal with all sorts of nobles and politicians. Since her sister’s return, things had been easier on her heart and soul, but lately time seemed to go by much slower than it should. Being more efficient at each gathering didn’t help much, as it only resulted in more questions to answer. Being less efficient resulted in complains, though most was delivered quietly as glares, yawning and the occasional untraceable letter. After an early morning of fooling around like a normal pony-sister with Luna, an idea eventually took shape…


The nobles were slowly finding their places, and for the first time in a long time, Princess Celestia was already at the throne before anyone had entered. Normally she would enter with horns blowing and a royal statement after all had taken their seats.

She sat at her throne, looking down at them all with faint scowl, causing many ponies to simply divert their eyes elsewhere. An announce from a certain brown coated mare standing not too far from the princess settled any murmuring that was.

“This Royal Court is in session!”

A few ponies had yet to enter and take a seat, so any sound made was heard clearly. Blueblood confidently walked to his seat, and just as he sat down, a loud farting sound came from the seat. To everypony else though, it sounded like it came from him. Everything went deathly silent. A cough from somepony clearing their throat sounded.

For some reason this was seemingly ignored by Celestia, but the scowl remained all the same. “I will not answer any questions regarding the recent event of Discords release and capture during this session. Such questions are to be lettered to me at a later time.” And then the court actually started

Just as the first question was to be asked, a loud belch came from the middle of the room. The responsible mare shrunk into her seat, wishing the ground would swallow her whole. Those seated around her didn't know what to make of this, and merely looked at the mare silently.

“Your question, Minister Gun-Powder?” Celestia prodded, again ignoring the interruption.

“Err… Yes.” The pony with a seemingly permanent frown cleared his throat before continuing. “Seeing as how the Elements of Harmony were clearly able to dispatch these last threats that have passed this year so far, are there going to be any changes to the unicorn and pegasi military situation?”

“I can assure you, the Elements will only do what they are expected to do; they are not soldiers. The military is still to be used just as before, regarding the uneasy peace with the griffons and southern dragon tribes. No changes are planned, you may ease your frown,” Celestia calmly stated, earning a few hushed chuckles. Seeing another hoof being raised further back, Celestia cast her eyes there and nodded to the earth pony.

“Your majesty, the different farmers from the villages surrounding Canterlot have all complained about a lack of rain, but the pegasi weather teams have clearly stated that there have been no changes in their weather schedule. This has led to heated arguments between the two, but has only now been requested to be talked about in the Royal Court. What is your opinion on the matter?”

Seemingly bored, Celestia rolled her eyes before answering. “Is it really that hard to convince the weather teams to simply add a few more days of rain on their calendar? Do you need the support of royalty to do this?” There appeared to be a mocking tone in her voice, something that had never been heard before from the princess.

“N-no, your majesty. There has simply been major communication problems a-and… well…”

“Enough! Simply do as I said, straight up ask the pegasi to do as I suggested, if ‘no’ is what you receive, bring this…” she sighed before continued, “Devastating news to the farmers that they will simply need to cut a little down on harvesting. Are we clear?” A nimble nod answered her question. “Good. Major Snob, I have a request.” A few snickers sounded through the hall, seeing as few ever dared to use the major of Canterlot’s middle name so openly, only to be openly referred to by the princess no less in the Royal Court in this manner.

With a faint blush but a seemingly emotionless face, the major looked up at the princess. “Y-yes, what it’ll be, your majesty?”

“I need a few of the economical charts after this session, to be more precise, the ones including the fashion articles and the art-and-music education articles. Would that be too much to ask?” The entire hall fell silent at this request, but Celestia seemed ever stoical in her behavior.

The mare being spoken to mentally shook herself out her stupor. “Not at all, princess. I-I uh… hope you don’t mind, but, what do you need these charts for?” All eyes turned to the alicorn on the throne.

“There are a few minor shortcomings in education, economically that is, and I was simply going to see what funds would be easiest to turn from the fashion board. Seeing as how everything involving fashion has skyrocketed after Rarity of Ponyville’s fashion debut, I find it perfectly alright.” Other than the silent gasps that erupted in the room, silence prevailed. “Next question?” Celestia continued, apparently completely oblivious to the looks of shock directed at her. A hoof was slowly raised. “Yes, Lady Thunderstrike?”

The mare gulped. “After the Element of Magic’s clear show of talent and potential, would it be wise to invest more time on combat magic rather than other schools of magic?” A few ponies that dared silently agreed.

“No.” Celestia stared directly at the mare. “All schools are important. The different versions of alteration and illusion can be used as an alternative combat magic should there be shortcomings. Of course, if it would help ease your appetite for more bolts, I could make those changes within the royal guard.” Just as she finished she conjured an ethereal teacup in front of her, using magic to keep it in place. “While on the subject of magic, I wonder if any of those who knows artists within painting, could tell me why all of them uses magic? It makes the pieces seem cold, like the one hanging over there,” she pointed to a large painting hanging above the many windows on her left side. Again they were all stunned into silence, seeing a painting of Celestia, with her flank being the focus.

After a minute of no answers, she sighed again. “Any other important matters to be brought up before we continue the usual pointless banter?” Again all eyes rested on her. They thought she was joking, some trying to laugh it off, but seeing the princess acting completely serious made many reconsider even being here. A cyan hoof brought things moving again. “Yes, Miss Dash?” For the first time since this session, her scowl almost broke into a grin. Almost.

“Celestia, is there any way to have a cool painting of the Wonderbolts replaced with any of these… uhm, nice, ones already in here?” Almost everyone turned to look at the rainbow maned mare, hardly believing what they heard.

“Certainly, Miss Dash.” And a third time all eyes rested on the occupied throne.

“Awesome!” was the reply earned from the cyan pegasus.

“Next question?”

----


“Really sis? You didn’t!” Luna gushed at her sister, laughing so hard she fell to the floor.

“Indeed I did! And then Rainbow Dash raised her hoof, asking about the possibility to change any of the, nice paintings already hanging in the room with a cool one of the Wonderbolts.”

“No!” Luna sat right back up, mouth open in a ‘O’.

“You know what I said?” Luna shook her head, thinking it would be obvious. “’Certainly, Miss Dash’. Oh my, you should’ve seen how the court fell silent yet again. I almost lost my mask there but I was able to continue the pranks throughout the entire session.”

“Trollestia strikes again!” Luna playfully saluted with a serious face before falling back on the floor, laughing so hard she looked like she was about to choke. Hearing no reply, the princess of the night looked up at her sister, seeing a dead serious scowl.

“This calls for revenge… Lulu,” and then the scowl was replaced with an evil grin, making the younger princess gulp in fear. What Luna failed to notice was the bucket of ice cold water resting at the edge of Celestia’s bed behind her, along with many other secrets scattered throughout the royal sister’s quarters.


On the walls outside Celestia’s quarters, two guards stood and gazed down at the never-sleeping city of Canterlot. One of them was just about to say something to the other when they both heard a thunderous voice, booming from the balcony high above them.

“Celestiaaaaa!”

“I’ve never heard Princess Luna use the Royal Canterlot Voice before,” casually commented one of the guards.

The End.