• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 5,090 Views, 69 Comments

Pony Pokemon Adventures - kenneth8112



Twilight and her friends wake up in a strange new world. This world is filled with a ton of strange creatures. The locals seem to call them "Pokemon" for some reason. This is the story of Twilight and her friend's adventures in this ne

  • ...
9
 69
 5,090

Twilight, Piplup, and a Kind Woman

The girls all left the lab. They had just gotten their Pokemon and Pokedex's. Now they each went to one part of the town to get better acquainted with their new partners.

Twilight & Piplup

Twilight headed to the field next to one of the other two houses in the town. She looked down at the Pokeball in her hoof. She tossed the Pokeball on the ground in front of her releasing her new partner. In front of her stood a light blue penguin-like creature, "Piplup!" it cried out as it looked around for its new trainer. It looked at Twilight and kept looking around, "Piplup?"

"Over here," Twilight said with a smile, greeting her soon to be friend. "So this is a Pokemon huh?" She looked over the Piplup a little more. Just as she moved in closer, Piplup looked over Twilight just as much as she did him. Twilight laughed a little bit, "Looks like you're just as curious as I am." The Piplup nodded and seemed to smile at Twilight. "Oh yes! I almost forgot," She took out the Pokedex that Oak gave her, "I should be able to find out more about you from this." She pressed the button on the device and a back panel with another screen flipped up above the first screen. It lit up and showed Piplup on the top screen. On the bottom screen were all kinds of statistics about this particular Piplup. Before Twilight could make any remark about this technology, The Pokedex started to speak.

"Piplup, the water penguin pokemon. What it lacks in walking skill, it makes up for in pride by puffing up its chest." Twilight looked back at Piplup and decided to test this theory.

"Hey Piplup do you mind walking toward me really quick?" Twilight walked back a few paces and waited for Piplup. After a bit of preparation, he started to waddle toward Twilight. About halfway toward Twilight he fell flat on his face. He quickly jumped back up, puffed out his chest, and finished walking to Twilight. His chest was extruded the rest of the way to Twilight. She giggled a bit as Piplup crossed its fins and turned its head. "I'm sorry Piplup I just had to verify the pokedex's information." She smiled and then looked back to the bottom screen of the pokedex. "Ok how about we find out what these attacks do then we can go find out more about this world." She read off the attacks that Piplup had currently. "Hmm only two? Pound and Growl?" Twilight thought for a moment, her horn lit up and a patch of ground lit up with it. The patch of lifted up and molded into a pillar. "Okay Piplup try using pound on the pillar."

Piplup nodded and jumped up toward the pillar hitting it with his fin, upon impact, the pillar shattered. Twilight brought up a small shield as pieces of rocks flew toward her. "Very good, it seems there is more to you then meets the eye." She looked back at the pokedex again, "I wonder what growl would do?" as she finished asking the question the pokedex spoke up.

"Growl: the user lets out a cry that will lower the effectiveness of other Pokemon's attacks."

"Interesting, seems like you also have moves that don't do damage, but instead give you a tactical advantage." Twilight looked back at Piplup. He was puffing out his chest in pride as he was praised. Twilight looked around and thought back to last night, trying to deduce what happened to her and her friends. She made a small thinking pose, putting her hoof to her chin and closing her eyes. Piplup looked up and decided to mimic her putting his fin up to his chin and closing his eyes. Twilight opened her eyes, not being able to remember anything from the previous night, to see Piplup mimicking her previous pose. She let out a light laugh, "You're so adorable hehe." She picked up Piplup with her magic and set him on her back. "Let's go see what we can find out about this town shall we?" Piplup let out a hearty cry as if to say 'let's go!'

Twilight made her way to one of the houses in the town. She looked at the sign on the door, "Red's house... hmm what a strange name." Twilight was about to knock on the door when she realized, "Wait a minute, I'm a strange creature in a stranger world, who knows how this 'Red' will react." She thought out loud. Before she could decide what to do someone's voice came from behind the door.

"Oh is someone there?" The voice was from a woman, much older then Twilight.

Twilight panicked a bit "No wait! don't open the door!"

"Why ever not dear?" The door slowly opened to reveal the owner of the voice, a tall mature woman with dark blue hair, and a face so kind, Fluttershy would be seen as mean. The woman looked down at Twilight and her Piplup. "You two look like you were meant for each other" She smiled and motioned for the two to enter.

Twilight walks inside to an old fashioned house, a small table, kitchen, and a strange box all in the same room. The rest of the house was neat and organized, just how Twilight liked it. "This is a lovely home, miss... uhh"

"You can just call me mom," She smiled as she took a seat at the floor table, "everyone else does."

Twilight took a spot on the floor across the table from Mom, and the two shared an awkward silence for a while. Twilight was surprised to see her calm reaction to a talking pony. Twilight spoke up first, "So who is Red?" she addressed the issue of the name on the door.

"Oh..." she looked down with a sad look and paused for a moment. "Let me make some tea, and I will tell you a story." She stood up and went to the stove. "Red is my son." She said as she put the kettle on the fire.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring up a touchy subject" Twilight blushed a bit, as Piplup patted her on the head and jumped off her back and onto the table.

"It's fine dear," she finished making the tea and went back to the table with glasses and a bowl of pokemon food. She sat back down and pored some tea for the two as she set down the bowl for Piplup. He had stars in his eyes as he started to devour the food. Mom laughed a bit seeing Piplup, "You have such an appetite huh?"

Twilight couldn't help but smile watching Piplup, but they were getting off topic. "So what was that about Red?" She said nervously not wanting to sound like she was prying.Mom's smile faded, it was apparent that this was a very sensitive subject for her, but Twilight had to know about this person now.

"Red used to live here with me, that is... until he got his pokemon." She took a sip of tea, "Long ago he went off on his adventure. I'm sure he had a wonderful time but I worry sometimes about the trouble I hear on the TV, and if my little Red is out there in the middle of it all?"

Twilight used her magic and took a sip of tea, "Do you know where he is now?"

Red's mother looked out the window and sighed, "The last I heard of him... he was fighting in the Indigo Plateau. A place for the strongest trainers to test themselves against 4 legendary trainers. The Elite Four."

Twilight wondered if the Elite Four were the legendary trainers that Oak talked about. She decided that in order to find out what happened maybe they would have some answers. Twilight stood up abruptly, "Thank you miss, I'm going to go find these trainers and help you find Red!" She started for the door before being stopped by Red's mother.

"Wait!" Red's mother interrupted, "I may not be able to stop you from leaving to find Red, but at least see what you can find out from his room." She pointed Twilight towards the stairs in the corner of the room.

Twilight went up the stairs and into the single bedroom upstairs, Piplup stayed downstairs with Red's mom still eating. The room was just as simple as the one downstairs, a bed, computer, rug, bookshelf, and TV with game console. Twilight went straight to the bookshelf to see what was there. The shelf was lined with children's books about Pokemon. Twilight skimmed through the books and learned a few things about Pokemon, what they are, how they are living things just like us, the basic types, and other general knowledge. After reading the basic children books, she saw one large book hidden behind the others, "An Experts Guide To Pokemon."

Twilight took the book and went back downstairs. Red's Mother saw the book and smiled, "So you found it." She got up from the table and walked over to Twilight, putting her hand on Twilight's head. "Take it and use the knowledge it gives you to find my boy. When you find him, Tell him to come home every now and then."

Twilight nodded and picked up Piplup, who was laying down on his back, full from the meal. She set him on her back and walked out the door. She turned around once to see Red's mother in the doorway, Twilight waved "Thank you, I will be back soon. I promise!"

She was going to check on the house next door but after hearing a loud thud she decided otherwise. Right before she could go to investigate the noise, the Pokedex made a loud beeping sound. Twilight opened the Pokedex to see Oak on the screen.

"Twilight, you and your friends can come back to the lab now. I have finished the devices you need. I will be calling the others right after this. see you all back at the lab." The Pokedex's screen shut down as the call ended.

She then began her way back to the lab.

Author's Note:

this chapter was originally going to be super long and account for each pony and their pokemon but after writing this part i decided to make a chapter for each pick then maybe edit them all together after i finish them.