• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 1,580 Views, 144 Comments

Defender of Equestria - x-Kiryu-x



It all started with a little lost saiyan... Equestria has been in peace for thousands of years under Celestia's rule, but what happens when that peace is broken?

  • ...
15
 144
 1,580

Chapter 1: The start of a long adventure...

"Time to raise the moon…"

Ever since the banishment of her sister, Celestia had to lower and raise both the sun and the moon, the task was easy but the hard part was knowing her dear sister was gone, each raising and lowering of the moon bringing sadness over Celestia’s heart.

After finishing the task Celestia watched over Canterlot from her balcony. "Such a pleasant night..." She sighed as she finished the sentence.

Just then what seemed like a falling star appeared in the night sky, grabbing Celestia's attention.

"That’s odd… I didn’t plan any meteor showers this night." She thought out loud.

The supposed falling star was getting closer and closer until it made contact to the ground in a forest not to far from Canterlot, Celestia shielded her eye’s with a single wing, after the flash of light died out, the alicorn decided to investigate the fallen star to try and return back to it’s rightful place.

The guard’s standing outside of Celestias’s room entered to check up on the princess only to find it empty.

The princess of the sun had teleported into the middle of the woods where she saw the fallen star crash, and with what only felt like a minute of walking, she reached the star.

Only, it turned out it wasn't a star.

Celestia stood there in shock as she saw what was before her, in the middle of a large crater, a large metallic looking sphere with what looked like a large red circular window, smoke and scratches all surrounding it.

Celestia riased her wings and gently glided next to the object before staring at it in amazement and curiosity. "Could this of come from space? This... is some sort of space pod, I remember from master Whis telling me about them..."

Just then a large amount of vapor erupted from the machine and opened up, Celestia flinched and prepared a magic shield waiting for whatever was inside to appear before her.

Perhaps it was some sort of lost traveler, or one of the men from the tyrant that she warned to look out for!

"Wahhhh!"

Celestia eyes suddenly change from a serious tone to that of surprise, she lowered her shield and peeked inside.

Only to find what appeared to be a hairless monkey with short yet spiky hair and a small tail crying at the top of his lungs, Celestia’s motherly instincts took the better of her and reached out for the little guy inside the sphere.

"There, there shhhh..." was the only thing that she said to the little creature, while cradling it, before it stopped crying.

The small being latched onto Celestia and cuddled to her fur letting a small yawn.

"Poor thing you must have been all alone on that thing" Celestia took another peek inside the sphere only to find a blanket and a burned photograph, inspecting the photograph, she saw what appeared to be the small one's father, his face could not be seen since it had been burned of and in of his hands, which seem to be cut off being covered in bandages with blood, was holding what appeared to be the small creature sleeping gently in his arms.

"Must have been the father" Celestia noticed the being was clad in strange damaged black armor.

"That looks like the armor that they used... then again, master Whis also told me that other species used them." While inspecting it she found a written message on paper. "Please, whoever reads this, take care of my son Kiryu." close to the message was what appeared to be drops of blood.

Celestia realizing that the father must have died and saved his son's life sending him off into space, while considering sending somepony into space was extreme it was in good intentions, even if thinking about it made her uneasy.

Celestia then felt something vibrating in her chest looking down she saw little Kiryu shivering, Celestia, using her magic, grabbed the blanket from inside the sphere and wrapped around the shivering little creature, only for it to snuggle closer to Celestia, making her smile.

"Well Kiryu, it may be difficult but I’ll make sure to protect you... and in the meantime, figure out just what species your from..."

Celestia then flew off into the direction of her castle expecting to have a long talk with her subjects the next morning, but for now she needed to search her personal archives for information.


With the small infant now sleeping calmly on her bed, Celestia searched trough many scrolls and books in the wall in front of her, until placing them back where they belonged and walking to the small screen in the middle.

Looking down and using her magic, she started typing on the keyboard rapidly.

"It is taking me too long to find it just by searching trough the books... best if I search the database... curse not learning to use it..." The alicorn whispered to herself as she struggled to use the technology before her. "Master told me it was best to be prepared, yet I failed to heed his warning... I'm sure he would be most displeased..."

Celestia was then taken out of her self scolding as new information suddenly appeared in her screen.

Two images showed up, both of two similar looking children, the difference being their expressions, hair and clothing, and more importantly the extra appendage the second child had, a tail.

"So, with the tail, it's easy to say he isn't this... 'human'..." The alicorn closed the window of information on the left, letting the one on the right overlap the whole screen, showing more information.

Reading, she now knew the name of the species he was.

"Saiyans, race of very savage warriors..." Celestia seemed uneasy as she kept reading about these 'saiyans', giving small glances at the peacefully sleeping, smiling as he snuggled into his blanket.

Slowly, Celestia's small frown turned into a small smile. "Even if what it says is true... I feel no dark or mean intent in this child..."

Looking back at the data she kept reading until deciding to skip over the information she assumed kept talking about their bad reputation and to what looked like more basic information.

"Hmm... this seems better, okay, let's see... omnivores, will eat just about anything, their high metabolism comes at a price, bigger appetites..."

Looking back at the child on her bed, she saw it placing a small hand on it's belly, making her smile nervously before going back to reading.

And after reading what was left, mostly about their origins and their end at the hands of a space tyrant, she decided she knew enough of these saiyans.

Pressing a button on the keyboard, the screen suddenly faded into black as it shut down.

"Best to keep this a secret to him... perhaps knowing that he's from a dead species wouldn't fit well to his knowing..." She said as she started walking towards the still sleeping child, the wall of books, scroll and device of information turning around, hiding it from anyone who did not know of its existence.

Once reaching her bed she climbed over it and laid down next to the now slowly waking up child.

Noticing this, she smiled. "You waking up little one?" She asked.

The child wiggled in response before slowly opening his eyes and looking at Celestia, blinking, he then started to smile as he raised his hands, opening and closing his palms while giggling.

The universal sign of 'please pick me up!'.

Giggling herself, Celestia used her wings to lift the small child and hold him next to her chest.

Earning a strong hug from the child, the alicorn smiled. "My, you sure are strong for an infant, if I were a normal pony you would of chocked me..." She said as she lowered her head and nuzzled onto the child in her wings.

'He's all alone... and... I have a feeling I'm the only one in this planet that can raise him properly...' She thought to herself before raising her head and looking down at the young infant in her wings, ho was looking back at her, his onyx colored eyes shining as he did so, a little smile etched on his lips.

"I guess, I have no choice but to take you into my family, hehe, guess I need to sacrifice myself and be a mother..." Celestia smiled as she raised the infant in her wings to her eye level. "How does that sound? You want to be my son?" She asked smiling, her cheeks mildly blushing.

Surprisingly, the small boy began smiling more as he raised his arms, almost as if agreeing to what the alicorn just said.

Smiling, Celestia closed her eyes. "Then, guess you are now my son Kiryu..."

But then the alicorn opened her eyes to look at the still smiling infant.

"But I guess you also need a last name... since you will be my son, you should use mine." She said as she placed the baby onto her bed, where he sat ever so curious to know what was going to happen next.

Giggling, Celestia reached into one of the shelves in her room with her magic, lifting a small crown before placing it on top of the small boy in front of her.

Once on his head, the infant began giggling.

"Kiryu... Kiryu Solaris." Said Celestia as she watched her now son smile back at her, making he smile back.