• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 822 Views, 13 Comments

I Wanted To Say Sorry. - travislolmin



One pony wakes up in the Everfree Forest with amnesia, and tries to reclaim his memories.

  • ...
 13
 822

Assistance

Assistance

By travislolmin

Edited By Mikey Lionheart

Tell her who I am? Hell, I don’t even know. Well, she did take me in and kept me out of the rain. Should I run, or should I trust this, thing. “How are you talking?! You are a horse!” I blurted out, I hated myself for it but. I didn’t know what was happening; I was nauseous and lightheaded and my sanity was slowly draining.

“Well is that any way to talk to the pony that just kep’ you in from the rain. And yes I am a pony. Not’a horse.” That pony was right; I couldn’t talk to her like that. After all she had done for me, which really wasn’t much but considering that I’m a stranger the least I could do was to tell her who I was. Or at least try to.

“I’m sorry. I’m not really from around here.” I spoke as calmly as I could.

“Well ya’ don’t have to go into a life story or anything, jus’ start by tellin’ me your name. For instance, hello my name Apple Jack; now, you tell me yours."

Though I was going through a lot at the time, I couldn’t help but to quietly chuckle to myself, not just for the unusual name, it was because something very sexual had popped into my head as soon as she said “Jack”. I stopped in mid-chuckle to clear my throat as I spoke, I don’t know why but I trusted this pony.

“Well the thing is Apple Jack; I don’t know who I am.”I stared at her, waiting for her to laugh but, she never did.

“Are ya’ being serious right now?” she uttered with a worried expression on her face. I sat down, I felt the pain and confusion from when had first awoken on that hill. It was agonizing not knowing who you were.

“Yes, all that I know right now is that I’m a pony and I’m in some place called Equestria on your orchard.” She looked stunned, as if someone she loved had just died in front of her eyes.

“So you have no idea if you have any family?” She spoke, tearing up in sympathy. I nodded my head. An emotional pain struck my chest. Why would anypony care about me or sympathize on what I am feeling?

She trotted over towards where I sat and hugged me. I didn’t push her off, I was to deep in thought and shocked by the fact that anypony would ever care about a total stranger and their struggles. I felt a tear hit my chest, Apple Jack had started to cry.

“Why? Why are you crying? Please stop, I don’t want your sympathy!” A serge of emotions shot through my body, as if I had felt something like this before. I felt something cold run down the side of my face, and then the opposite side. I as well, had began to cry.

I started to embrace the orange pony hugging me, and hugged her back. “I-I’ll help y-ya’,” she sobbed “I’ll help ya get your memories back.” I felt horrible. With me being there I had already made Apple Jack cry. I also felt awful that she wanted to help me, I knew it was out of pity. I suddenly became very shaky. What if my memories were things that I don’t want to remember? I couldn’t turn her down, if I did it would just make her feel like she’s useless or that I don’t want her help, and that would make me and her feel even worse.

“Thank you,” I sobbed trying not to stutter over my tears and facial reflexes “Thank you so much, Apple Jack.” I loosened my hug and she followed after. We then exchanged looks and smiled. Apple Jack took my hoof and sniffled “So, where do we start?”