• Published 18th Jan 2012
  • 1,673 Views, 13 Comments

I Hate Ponies - Shadow Speck



A human that hates the show is trapped in Equestria.

  • ...
11
 13
 1,673

Life of Man

I Hate Ponies
by Shadow Speck



One thing should be clear, I hate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I am the average, everyday man. My life is basically a small apartment and a decent paying job. I don't have much more than that, nor do I have much to look forward to. The city that I live in is nothing but grey, busy streets with police sirens every other hour.

Every day is almost the same with me. I get up, drink some coffee, then walk to work, then I come home to start all over. I hardly ever get days off. When I do I spend my time mostly on the internet. The entertainment is what keeps me going. When I was a teen, I didn't do much but be on the internet playing games, watching videos, and discussing topics on forums. That hasn't changed a whole lot.

One day, I was on the internet opening my browser. I didn't like watching the news of TV because it took so long, so I look it up online. To my surprise, something about 'My Little Pony' was on the front, having to do with grown men watching it. I was both curious and bored, so I opened the article. It talked about this new show and it's increasing rates of fans. "Bronies" is what they called themselves. In my mind I only pictured fat, old men with strange obsessions. Nothing that would ever interest me.

After leaving it at that, I went on and signed into some forums for a video game I play. Wow. At least 10 bronies were making threads talking about it. I guess the hype was getting around the internet to people everywhere. But who am I kidding, the internet is a messed up place.

These people posted all sorts of internet memes and fan videos. I didn't have anything to say but to call them a bunch of woosies. They came up with these phrases like 'Haters gonna hate' and 'Love and tolerance' when I trolled on them. The endless pictures of ponies they sent me is what made me hate the show the most. If rainbow and pink ponies didn't make it enough of a frilly cartoon, then maybe the title "Friendship is Magic" will convince someone that men shouldn't be watching it.

I thought I would be a hater forever.




Thanks for surviving through the first chapter, everypony! This is not how I personally feel, but what the inside of a hater's mind would feel like. Things change a lot a lot after this chapter. My goal here was to set the character and the feeling. Hope you read and enjoy the rest!