• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 334 Views, 4 Comments

Heart of Gold, Pony of Steel - Snowdead123



An unknown group of ponies are working on a project that includes harvesting pony hearts for robots

  • ...
 4
 334

Welcome to the System

"I am sure you will find that this is a very easy process. It's part of our three step plan to build these fine pieces of machinery. First, we find the ponies with the purest and best of hearts. Second, we cut them out and make sure no one ever suspects us! Third and finally, we build ourselves these amazing robots. Welcome to the system. So, do you think you are up for the task?" asked a deep voiced stallion. The mare he was talking to nodded and smiled. She was a young pony, not nearly old enough to have a job as a politic, but old enough to have a job at some sort of shop. She was still young and ready to start her new job. "Great! Well, this is your office. You will be in our search facility. I will have you in charge of finding the pure hearts for our robots. We are counting on you to get us those hearts!" he said, laughing slightly at the end of his sentence. He was the kind of stallion you wouldn't see killing others' on the street. He was more of the grandfatherly type, but this would show anypony to judge by look and sound. He was a killer, and was the leader of many killers. He was the vice president of Tri-Pony, an underground organization who is trying to find a way to combined actual pony life with machines. Everything they worked for was making and designing ponies who were perfect in every way.Or that's what their leader was convincing them of.

Luna flew onto the balcony of her sister's palace. "Have you found them yet sister? I worry they are numbering." spoke Celesta. "No, we have not found them yet. We share your fears sister. Their organization is rising and they are become more powerful. If we do not stop them soon, they will kill everyone." sighed Luna. "I heave heard word that they are planning to take my heart. Once they overthrow us they want to take my heart from me and take yours too. Its becoming nearly impossible to tell the difference between robots and ponies. The queen of the Changelings wishes to inform us about her predicament as well. Apparently they are taking the Changeling brains too. They have been using them to transform the magic metals into the ponies we love. We must do something now!" shouted Celestia. She looked at her sister as if to find an answer, but she had none. They stared at the sun, right before Luna lowered it down. "If we don't stop them soon, it will be the end for all of us." whispered Luna.

Twilight was sent a letter from Princess Celestia to have her meet Luna and herself in the royal Canterlot garden. She took a train to the palace immediately and, even when the princess said not to, she brought her friends. She and the rest of the ponies walked into the garden to be greeted by the princesses. "Hello Twilight. I see you have brought your friends. May I speak to you in privacy near the hedge maze?" she said, putting on a stern face. "Yes princess." she replied. They walked to the maze leaving Luna and the other 5 ponies in the garden. "Twilight, I thought I told you not to bring your friends! This was only for you to know. They can't know until we need them! They must go home!" she shouted. Celestia was angrily looking down at Twilight, but when she saw Twilight's frighted face and watering eyes, she took a deep breath and calmed down. "Please, they must not know about it. It may too much for them to bear, knowing that their loved ones could have the one thing that keeps them alive cut and torn out of their bodies. They have to know only when the time is right.". Twilight looked down and sighed. "Okay princess. I'll have them go home now..." she sighed.