• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 413 Views, 1 Comments

Lightning Strikes the Hearth - OtherWorldsCrazyMinds



You know that guy that always says that he was almost hit by lightning as an excuse for something or as bragging rights. Well this isn't about him, its actually about an experiment gone rogue who goes to Ponyville. Lighting is something of his f

  • ...
 1
 413

Sunny with a fear of Doctors

Somewhere far from Ponyville

"Sir the hole in the wall has been fixed as well as reinforced" A guard said.

A unicorn turned wearing a lab coat turned to him from a security footage and said" Good, good. Now were they're any escapies?"

"Yes. Experiment 409 had escape and it is seemed that he also caused the explosion." The guard replied.

"Hmmmm. Interesting" He said turning back to the security footage. "Did we get any indication on where he went?"

"No sir. He seemed to have gone without any direction."

"Hmm. He has grown strong in his control over his abilities don't you think?"

"Yes but he is reckless. He has left a trail of his electrical disturbances that we could pick up"

"True but give him credit. He made it out and manage to get away from us."

"Should we go after him?"

" I don't believe that is the question that you want to ask now is it? Your question that you really want to ask is 'When can I let the guards loose?' and 'Dead or Alive?' and to answer both of them in accordance 'As soon as possible' and 'Alive please, I want to study him more"

"Right away sir" the captain of the guard turned to leave.

"Wait, captain. Who do you think gave him the idea of leaving?"

"I cant say for sure, doctor, but I think Shinning Armour may have given him some ideas"

"That could be. He didn't agree with are experiments and treatment of them. Please send him my regards"

Ponyville

Scootaloo was trying to understand 4o9. He seemed to be amazed by the simplest of things. On the way back to the hospital he was running from flowers to sniff them to animals to run after them. She couldn't imagine anyone with as much enthusiasm as him about anything. Its almost like he has never been outside before in his life Scootaloo thought as she watched him run towards a bush of thorned roses. Wait, thorned roses.

"Wait!" She yelled but it was too late he had already jumped toward the direction of the thorn bush. A little while after he landed in, there was a loud yelp and then the sounds of painful 'ows'. He walked out of the bush and shock himself and said one long "Owwwww"

"You OK?" Scootaloo said laughing as she walked over to him trying to nip out all of the thorns.

"N-n-n-no-OW!" he exclaimed as he removed another thorn from his side. Scootaloo giggled and walked over to him, as she got close he froze. She went to his side and began to pull the thorn out. He didn't move a muscle. She continued to remove thorns one by one, as she did so she felt his pulse quicken yet there was something else in there. Like there was a current of power coursing through him. It felt nice and comforting. Once she was done removing all of the thorns she smiled and said " There! All done!"

"Th-th-thank you" 4o9 said nervously.

"No problem" Scootaloo said.

"We interrupting something?" Scootaloo turned to see Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom walking towards them. Scootaloo blushed and said "NO we just- he just jumped into a rose bush and he needed some help"

"Its ok Scoots, you dont need to tell us whats going on" Sweetie Bell said with a snicker. Apple Bloom also gave a small laugh and Scootaloo blushed harder as did 4o9. Apple Bloom looked at 4o9 nine ans said "Well aren't you ah fast one' aint ya! What's your name?"

"fo- fou-4o9" He replied nervously.

"4o9? No we want your name" Sweetie Bell said.

"Don't bother" Scootaloo told them "I don't think he has a name"

"You don't have a name?" Apple Bloom asked incredulously. 4o9 shook his head and Apple Bloom retorted with "You parents didn't give you a name?"

"Parents?" 4o9 asked as if the word was foreign and unknown.

"Yeah parents, mom, dad?" Sweetie Bell asked.

"I don't know what those are" 4o9 said shyly.

"So you don't have a name or parents?" Sweetie Bell asked still trying to comprehend this. He shook his head again like it was a simple yes or no question. The three fillies looked at each other sorrow on their faces.

"What? I dont know what they are so how could i miss them right?" 4o9 said trying to cheer up the mood. He began to walk down the road again and began his amazement about everything. The girls didn't know what to say or do so they silently agreed to never mention that ever again. They caught up with him and showed him all the different things that the park had to offer. He was amazed all the way there.

"Oh yeah!" 4o9 said out of no where turning to Scootaloo "Thanks for saving my life"

"No problem," She said looked into his eyes and exclaimed "Wow your eyes!"

"Oh what color are they now?" he asked as if that was a normal question.

"Their a neon-ish purple" Scootaloo said intransed at the color.

"Wait did you say 'what color are they now?" Apple Bloom said questioningly.

"Yeah, my eyes tend to change color. I don't know why though" he replied, stile in the matter of fact tone.

"WOW" the three fillies said at once, all starring into his eyes which was making him uncomfortable.

After a while they got back to the hospital. They entered and 4o9 was surprised and enthralled with the stone floor and everything. Apple Bloom went to go ask for the doctor that was supposed to treat him while Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo tried to keep him away from all the pills and drink all of the concoctions that were around him. Once they figured out where she was they were directed to a room where they had to wait for the doctor to come in. The wait was long but they had 4o9 to keep in line and out of danger. However his whole demeanor changed once the doctor entered the room.

"Hello, my name Ruby Treasure, I am here for your physical. Now, what is your name?"

"4o9" the boy said with something like fear in his voice.

"Ok, now is that your name?" she asked. He nodded. She looked questioningly at the fillies, who replied in unison "Don't ask because we don't know either"

"OK well 4o9, I am going to have to ask you to sit up on the seat here an I will take your blood" she said but he didn't move. She looked at him puzzlingly and motioned for him to come but he shook his head violently.

"OK do you want me to come to you?" She asked, he shook his head even more violently.

"Its OK, she only here to help" Scootaloo said, feeling some sympathy towards him since she was at a time had some fear towards doctors as well. Ruby got up and began to walk towards 4o9 but he moved away. She stopped and so did he.

"Please, I need you to stay still so that i could give you a physical" she said letting a little exasperation in her voice but he shook his head again.

"Maybe we could do this later?" Sweetie Bell suggested. Ruby looked at her then at 4o9 and agreed and scheduled a session for next week. They walked out of the hospital and 4o9 was back to his normal self looking at everything with a sort of new passion and experience.

"What happened in there?" Apple Bloom asked. He turned to them and looked down and said "I am very afraid of doctors"

"We could tell but you knew she wasn't going to hurt you right?" Scootaloo said.

"That's what they all say" he said in an almost angry yet quiet tone.

"What's wrong the em" Appple Bloom asks. He looked as if he was about to say something but then decided against it and said "I don't want to talk about" in a gloomy tone. The fillies looked at one another then back to the strange colt. He seemed to have forgotten about what they were talking about and was starting at the sun, he was about to say something but was stopped when a loud noise erupted from his stomach. The fillies laughed as he reddened with embarrassment.

"I-I-I don't suppose you have any food? I am really hungry" he said with a rye smile. Scootaloo remembered the basket of food and went to retrieve it. This colt is funny, she thought, but he is very weird which makes me wonder where he comes from. When she got back, she saw the 4o9 was climbing a tree were there was a bird's nest. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell were watching as if they hadn't seem someone do it.

"Whats going on?" Scootaloo said.

"He just climbed ah tree with like', super speed or somethin'" Apple Bloom replied. 4o9 manage to get close enough to peer into the bird's nest and smiled.

"Hey do any of you have any bread? I think this guy is hungry!" 4o9 said to the girls. Scootaloo rummaged in the picnic basket for a while before pulling out a muffin which she threw up to the boy who tore off a piece and began to feed to the little birds.

"That's cute" Scootaloo said more to herself then to anyone else but Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom heard and so giggled a bit. 4o9 then put half of the muffin in the nest for the bird to eat and then rapped around the branch he was on. Then he swung round like a monkey on a rope so he swung with his head downward to which he let go. He was basically falling head down they all called out but then something weird happened. In a small flash of light, he was on the ground. The flash of light wasn't blinding or even painful it was just there and then he was on the ground. As if you where watching a film that suddenly had a few frames missing. It was like that and he appeared on the ground.

"How did you do that?" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Do what?" he asked

"The thing right now with the flash of light!" Sweetie Bell said

"I dont know what your talking about" 4o9 said with a look of skepticism on his face.

"So you didn't manage to teleport onto the ground?" Scootaloo asked sure that she saw something.

"Do i have a horn on my head?" he asked, the fillies shook their heads, "Then i couldn't have teleported. Only unicorns con do that" They looked at each other and said "Maybe we could have imagined it."

"I doubt it but we do have a problem" Apple Bloom said.

"What's that?" Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo said in unison.

"Where is 4o9 going to sleep tonigh'?"