• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 1,427 Views, 4 Comments

A Mare's tale - MapleTreeway



Twilight bumps into Big Mac - romace starts, but then something happens...

  • ...
13
 4
 1,427

Uncalled For

The guard led Rainbow Dash into the Throne Room. She was a bit nervous because she wasn’t as close to the Princesses as Twilight was; and she didn’t really keep in touch now and then either – only sending occasional letters about what she learned in friendship.

The nervous Pegasus looked around her. Golden columns and structures fit well with the slightly turquoise and pink walls. Banners hung from the columns in an array with the sun and the moon embodied largely on them. Two golden thrones sat next to each other with Princess Luna and Princess Celestia sitting on them, and below them an angry mob. Although Rainbow Dash could not make out the words, she heard the angry tones and began to worry.

And as she trotted ever so nearer toward the thrones, she grew more impatient. Finally reaching the mob, she jumped trying to catch the grim Princesses. Rainbow Dash realized this wasn’t going to make anything better so she yelled above the clamor, “HEY, PRINCESS CELESTIA, PRINCESS LUNA! I NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU TWO!”

The clamor died down and all the angry Unicorns turned their snobby faces toward the Pegasus in utter disgust. But Rainbow Dash didn’t care, but only continued on, “PLEASE, THIS IS URGENT!”

“And what could possibly be more urgent than what we, the orderly and neat Unicorns have on our own hands, than what you roughen have on yours?” a Unicorn asked.

Rainbow Dash just glared ice in the direction of the voice. Then looked up at the Princesses who were leaning forward, “Twilight needs your help, something has gone wrong and my friends and I have no idea what it is! Please come quickly, she’s in a terrible state.”

“Let us just finish this dispute, then we will come,” Luna said.

Rainbow Dash lost it, “NO, NO, NO! TWILIGHT NEEDS YOU NOW! AND I KNOW THIS ISN’T A WAY TO SPEAK TO A ROYAL, BUT I’D RATHER DIE THAN SEE MY OWN FRIEND DIE!”

“What state of mind is she in, Rainbow Dash?” Princess Celestia asked calmly.

“SHE’S NOT IN A ‘STATE OF MIND’, SHE’S UNCONCIOUS!”

“Then how is she physically?”

“Barely alive,” the daring flier said quietly while hyperventilating.

“Calm down, and speak up please.” The Princess ordered.

“She’s barely alive,” repeated Rainbow Dash even more loudly at the same time trying to control her breathing.

There wasn’t an answer for quite awhile while the Princess was digesting all of it. Finally, she spoke to her sister, “Luna, take care of this while I go to Ponyville.”

“No, wait! This is all too much! I have to make all of Equestria into night and then take care of these ponies at the same time? How is that even possible, how did you manage while I was away?” Luna protested.

Celestia sighed, “Just do as I say, I need to take care of my student Twilight Sparkle.”

“I’m coming with you then; be gone snobby Unicorns while I help my sister.” A look of revulsion clung to the furious mob as she spoke.

“Luna, that was uncalled for!” Celestia bickered.

“I said be gone you rubbishy false lot, now,” Luna addressed to the crowd ignoring her sister.

“LUNA!” Celestia yelled. But her sister just ignored her while she worked her magic to make it night. A few seconds later it was dark outside and the stars shone. And what was supposed to take hours to do was done in a few seconds.

“There, all done!” Princess Luna said looking pleased with herself. Her mood vanished when she saw that no pony moved an inch while she was doing magic. “Now.” she growled thrusting her horn in the direction of the lot. They all turned tail and ran.

“You can’t come with us, Luna! After what was shown here.”

“Nonsense Celestia, after all, I think I’ll be able to help Twilight better than you.”

“No!”

“Yes.”

“NO, you don’t know her as much as I do!”

“But I think I know what’s killing her, that you have no idea of!”

Rainbow Dash watched as the sisters argued endlessly in vain. Time was ticking on and she knew Twilight was dying every minute. Groaning she stated, “Come on, we need to get going!”

Both Princesses stopped for a moment and then looking down ashamed of them mumbled, “Yes, right of course.”