• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 1,427 Views, 4 Comments

A Mare's tale - MapleTreeway



Twilight bumps into Big Mac - romace starts, but then something happens...

  • ...
13
 4
 1,427

Mad

Rainbow Dash flew faster than she had ever flown. Up, up toward Canterlot and the Castle she went, to try and rescue Twilight. Ask the Princess, maybe Luna too that’s all you have to do…the daring flier thought.

A few moments passed with the wind rushing in Rainbow Dash’s face until she started to fly over the magnificent city. Houses and stores and dignified Unicorns lay a landscape beneath her body. Pink clouds dotted the sky and reminded the Pegasus that it was nearing twilight. Twilight… she flew faster still hoping to reach the Castle.
… …... …. …. ….. …. …..

Applejack pushed the purple and green dragon toward Twilight’s room with her head on his rough back. A horrifying rip was heard coming from the room and both stopped to cringe like cowards for a moment. Spike’s eyes widened and asked, “What – what was that?”

Applejack grunted from behind but kept pushing him, “Ya’ll see soon.”

“You know you can stop pushing me, I’m walking freely!” Spike said. A second later he felt his back grow slightly colder when Applejack stopped pushing him.

“Thanks.”

“Don’ mention it.”

“No really, it was starting to become itchy.”

“I said don’ mention it… ever.” The Earth Pony said sternly glaring at him.
… …... …. …. ….. …. …..

“How long do you think Rainbow Dash will be gone? I mean it has felt like hours,” Rarity complained.

Big Macintosh gave her a look that she couldn’t comprehend and replied, “It’s only been a few minutes.”

The designer opened her mouth in an ‘Oh’ fashion but said nothing – the Red Stallion just looked away from her to watch his beloved Twilight.

She’s not gonna make it. Wounds are too deep and bleed like there’s no tomorrow, it would be a miracle if she’s gonna make it out of whatever she has alive. But she’s deader than unconscious; this ain’t lookin’ all too well, he thought anxiously. I jest can’t loose ‘er.

As he watched her, another gory mark came across her cheek causing a ripping sound. Big Mac didn’t cringe; he knew he had to be strong for her –Twilight – in order for her to live again, breathe again, and to smile again - all for his sister and her friends.

So as he watched another disaster strike against her helpless body, he did not cringe, did not flinch; but stood tall and strong, all for Twilight.
… …... …. …. ….. …. …..

Rainbow Dash arrived at the Castle Gate breathless. A guard strode up to her and asked something she didn’t hear, for she couldn’t see him. All she saw was the open Gate leading into the Castle. “Need…to be… strong for…. Twilight,” she thought aloud barely breathing.

“I’m sorry Maim, but what was it you just said?” asked the Royal Guard.

Rainbow Dash broke out of her reviver and looked at the Guard, “My friend’s dying, and I need to see the Princesses, fast.”

“The Princesses are-“

I DON’T CARE IF THE PRINCESSES ARE BUSY! Twilight is dying; my friends and I need Princess Celestia to save her!” She looked wildly into his unmoving eyes. “Don’t you hear me? I NEED PRINCESS CELESTIA, NOW!”

“Maim, I can’t do that.”

“Fine then, I’ll just go in myself and tell the Royals that you wouldn’t have let me in to get them to save Twilight Sparkle who is Princess Celestia’s student,” the defiant Pegasus said all in one breath.

The Guard immediately grew afraid. So he did one curt nod and said with a voice trembling, “I-I’ll take – take you t-to the P-Princesses at once, Maim.”

Rainbow Dash just nodded and went in.
… …... …. …. ….. …. …..

Applejack approached the bedroom with Spike in front of her. “Go o’er ta that bleedin’ body an’ come back an’ tell me what ya see. Look me in ta eye an’ tell me what ya see,” she said voice starting to crack.

When he didn’t move but stared back, she yelled attracting looks from Everypony in the room, “GO O’ER THERE AN’ COME BACK AN’ LOOK ME IN TA EYE AN’ TELL ME WHAT THE HAY YA SAW THERE!” Her whole body shook with anger.

Spike ran over to Twilight’s splitting body and leaned over to look at her. When he saw her, he put one of his claws over his mouth and gasped.

He saw Twilight’s body thinner than of what it had been when he saw her last – it looked like the skin clung to her body. Blood rained down from the most recent tear and on her flank there was a carving of a skull.

Spike saw this and more too. “I’m so sorry Twilight…” he breathed.

Running toward Applejack with tears in his eyes, he told her everything that he had seen, and bits of pieces of what he felt. But the Earth Pony just grew angrier at him for saying so and fire danced in the pit of her eyes.

“Ya lie,” she said rather loudly. Big Macintosh and Pinkie Pie came and stood alerted behind Applejack. “Ya no good little wretch, what did ya really see?” Spike retreated. “Satisfaction? Glory?” He shook his head ‘no’. Applejack just grew even madder at this. “YA LIEING DRAGON, TELL ME TA TRUTH!”

“I-I told you the t-truth,” replied he. “I-I never expected this t-to happen! Honest!”

Applejack pounced at him ready to hurt him any way possible, only to be held back by Pinkie Pie and her brother. Trying to squirm out of their tight grasp she shouted, “GIT YER HOOVES OFF OF ME!”

“No, silly,” the pink-headed pony said.

“Why don’ ya cool off outside sis?” Big Macintosh asked.

“NO, I’LL BE FARTHER AWAY FROM TWILIGHT!”

“Cool off.”

“NO!”

“That’s an order.” Applejack stopped squirming at her brother’s words. The two ponies holding her let her go and motioned to get going. She did, a second after she looked back at Twilight.

I hope Celestia gits ‘ere soon. Twilight needs ‘er help more an’ anythin’ right now, Applejack said in her mind.