• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 695 Views, 15 Comments

A world away - Meilha



Fluttershy gets trapped in the realm of man, can she get back to her fellow ponies?

  • ...
1
 15
 695

Running away

Fluttershy kept running and running, and she didn't look back. She blindly ran into streets and cars stopped to honk their horns and yell. She just kept on running and running. And after a long time, she came to her senses and slowed to a stop. She looked at her surroundings and realized she was lost. This place was strange to her, and she didn't even begin to know where to go. She couldn't even fly away, because her wing was bandaged and still badly injured. She decided to just start walking through town and look for something familiar.

A few people gave her strange looks and wondered what a pony with a pink mane and butterflies on her rump was doing walking around the city. But most were too caught up in their own lives to wonder about it. Also they couldn't see that she had wings due to the bandage. She then realized she was very hungry, and started searching for something to eat.

A man was running a hot dog stand close by and Fluttershy's nostrals were filled with the aroma. She walked up to the stand and said, "Hey mister, can I have one of those?" She pointed at the hot dog. A few days ago she wouldn't have been able to walk up to a total stranger like that, but recent events had changed her.

The hot dog seller just stared at her in disbelief.

"That's funny, I thought I heard this pony talk," He said to himself as he wondered what this pink maned pony was doing wandering the streets.

"Oh, you weren't mistaken, I just want one of those things, they smell so good," Fluttershy said.

The man's eyes got wide, and he said, "Uh, one moment please."

He walked to a police officer nearby and started talking to him. Then he pointed at her and the police officer started to walk over.

"Hello, and wheres your owner, huh?" He said.

"Owner?" Fluttershy asked, confused.

The police officer stared at her.

"I told you!" The hot dog seller said.

"Why don't you come with me," He said and reached out his arm. His grip was forceful and Fluttershy suddenly wanted to leave.

"Uh, that's ok, I really need to get going," She said as she yanked herself free of his grip and started running.

"Hey, wait!" The police officer said as he tried to catch up, but was too slow.

After Fluttershy was sure she'd lost him, she sat down and rested. It was late by then, and she was hungry and tired, and wanted more than anything to be back in her comfy cottage in Ponyville. She walked drowsily into an alleyway, found some old newspapers, and went to sleep on top of them.

__ __ __


It was now dark and Rainbow Dash was extremely uncomfterable. The rope was too tight and her wings and legs were getting sore. But Trixie was no better. She went on and on about how her feet were killing her and holding Rainbow Dash with her magic was exhausting. She finally collapsed on the ground and went to sleep. Her magic no longer kept Rainbow Dash in the air and she fell to the ground as well. If she could just get out of these ropes, she could run far away from Trixie. Or, fly, in her case. She tugged and pulled and gnawed at the rope until finally her hooves were free.

But she was only momentarily happy, for she realized she had no way of getting her wings free. She couldn't reach at the rope with her mouth, and couldn't get it untied. She strained and strained, but it was just out of reach. The only way she could get free was Trixie, but of course that wouldn't work.

So Rainbow Dash figured the only thing she could do is start walking. She walked for what seemed like hours. Her legs were killing her, but she had nothing else to do but keep on walking. Then the sun rose, and it beat down on her until she finaly collapsed. She just didn't have the strength to continue, and layed there to die. So this is how it's gonna end...she thought. But her thoughts were interupted by someone yelling at her.

"Rainbow Dash!" Trixie gasped, "And what...Do you think...You're doing?" She tried saying before collapsing next to her. After breathing for a bit she said, "We're gonna die out here."

"Can't you just use that device to take us back to Equestria?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I wish!" Trixie said, "But it won't turn on. It seems to be broken or something."

"Well that's just wonderful," Rainbow Dash said sarcastically. She glanced to her right, and then took a second glance.

"Hey, is it just me, or are those buildings over there?" Rainbow Dash asked. Trixie sat up and looked over at a small collection of houses about a mile away.

"I do believe they are." They bothed looked at each other, and Rainbow Dash did a facehoof.

__ __ __

They arrived a good time later and found that was here was only a few small buildings and several men talking in a language neither of them understood. Then they spotted the airplane.

"That thing looks like it has wings," Rainbow Dash said.

Trixie nodded and said, "Yeah, looks like a big bird. I bet these guys use it to travel by air, since they don't have any wings. I think I heard Damien talking about these aircrafts."

"That's crazy," Rainbow Dash said. "So wait, is Damien the guy you're taking me to?"

"Yeah," Trixie said.

"And he has my friends there too right?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"They should be," Trixie replied.

Then that's where I need to be, Rainbow Dash thought. With my friends.

They waited until no one was looking and then ran over to the plane and hid in the cargo hold. A few moments later the people started up the plane and it rose, bringing Rainbow Dash one step closer to finding her friends.