• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 909 Views, 23 Comments

Pretty Little Ponies - sister_mike



The mane 6 ponies are receiving threats and random messages from somepony only known as "G"

  • ...
3
 23
 909

3: Pinkie Pie

3: Pinkie Pie

Fluttershy set down the tea and Pinkie Pie put out a plate of small cupcakes. The five of them sat quietly in the Cakes' living room. The Cakes were the family that owned the bakery, and Pinkie Pie lived with them. Her real family owned a rock farm a few miles out of Ponyville. She had been home schooled, along with her two younger sisters. Then a few years after she had gotten her cutie mark, she moved to Ponyville.

She had taken Golden Pearl to meet her family once. Twilight and Applejack had come along too. The trip was one that she tried to forget. It wouldn't have seemed like a terrible trip to anypony—as a matter of fact, it would have been a quite pleasant, normal trip by anypony else's standards—but it was one that Pinkie always tried to push from her mind.

Pinkie Pie reached for a cupcake and began to munch on it quietly.

"How... how do you think it happened?" Rainbow Dash asked finally.

"I don't even want to think about it," Fluttershy said, "I don't want to know what happened."

"You don't want some sort of closure?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy shook her head and took a sip of her tea.

"I wonder who would have done something like that though? Who would have want to hurt Goldie? She was the most liked pony in town," Rainbow Dash said.

"Or so it seemed," Twilight said quietly. The other four turned and looked at her. Pinkie reached for another cupcake.

"What do you mean by that, Twilight?" Applejack asked. Twilight sighed.

"We all knew how Golden Pearl really was. She had a way of getting under pony's skins, even if it wasn't in a good way," Twilight said.

"A part of me... feels like I've always been holding my breath," Fluttershy said very quietly. Pinkie almost missed what she said, but then slowly nodded along.

"And now it feels like I can breathe properly again," Pinkie said. Fluttershy nodded in agreement. Slowly, the other three nodded in agreement as well.

"She had a way of being liked and hated at the same time," Rainbow Dash said.

"You're saying you hated Golden Pearl?" Twilight asked.

"Of course not," Rainbow Dash said quickly in defense, "She was one of my best friends. But like you said, you know how she was. She had a way about her... a way of... keeping things... ponies, in line."

"Holding stuff above you," Pinkie said. Rainbow Dash nodded.

The group fell into silence, everypony avoiding eye contact. Pinkie quickly glanced at them all, sure that they were thinking along the same things she was. There were secrets that Golden knew about Pinkie that nopony else knew. And now that she was gone, Pinkie felt relieved that her secrets were now safe to herself.

"She knew a lot of stuff, about all of us," Twilight said quietly.

"What did she tell you about us?" Rainbow Dash suddenly snapped. Twilight jumped slightly and shook her head.

"Nothing, but if she was like how she was with me when we were alone, then I wouldn't be surprised if she was the same with you," Twilight said.

"Keeping your darkest secrets above you," Fluttershy whispered.

"Making sure you don't step out of line," Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes slightly. Applejack and Pinkie nodded.

"And then there's of course, the Derpy Thing," Pinkie said quietly. The others shifted uncomfortably.

"Thought we weren't suppose to talk about that anymore," Applejack said stiffly.

"We were never supposed to talk about it," Rainbow Dash said, "Nopony can know what happened."

"And nopony does," Twilight said, "Except for us."

"And Rarity," Fluttershy said quietly.

"She was implied," Twilight responded.

They fell into silence again. Pinkie Pie reached for another cupcake, just as Rainbow Dash did.

"You take it," Pinkie Pie said, as she stared at the empty plate, "I'll go get some more."

She sighed in relief as she entered the kitchen. Although she dearly missed her old best friends, there was a lot of heavy stuff going on in that room. There were things that they didn't know that she didn't really want to bring up—things that Golden Pearl knew though—and even the stuff they did know, like the Derpy Thing, she still didn't want to talk about. But no other conversation except their departed friend was being brought up.

Pinkie stared down at the plate, trying to remember how many cupcakes she had originally put out and then how many she had eaten. Did I really eat more than half? I swear I only had two... maybe three... She sighed and began to put more cupcakes onto the plate. But as she did so, the memory of the trip to her rock farm began to surface.

Pinkie Pie had been extremely excited to show her friends—her best friends—where she had grown up. She knew that rock farming wasn't exciting in the least, but she was so thrilled for her friends to meet her parents and her sisters. Pinkie and her sisters were close. They wrote to each other every day. They were the ones that Pinkie had fallen back on when she and her friends had grown apart. She wasn't sure what she would have done if it wasn't for them.

Golden Pearl, Twilight and Applejack had come along with her. Applejack was interested in other kinds of farming, while Golden Pearl and Twilight had the weekend off and wanted to meet Pinkie's family.

They had arrived early evening, just as Ma Pie was putting out dinner. They all exchanged big group hugs at the door. Twilight and Applejack had stepped further into the house as Pinkie's sisters, Inkie and Blinkie, began to give them a tour. And that's when it happened. A small, probably innocent comment that came from her mother, that would haunt Pinkie until this day.

"Looks like working and living at a bakery has done its damage," Ma Pie had said. She had said it with a soft laugh and pulled Pinkie into a big hug. Pinkie knew, she knew deep down, that it was an innocent comment, that her mother meant nothing by it. She hadn't out right called her fat. Pinkie even knew she wasn't fat. She was a very energetic pony and because of it, she often ended up exercising daily by accident.

She hadn't been able to eat her dinner. She poked at it and ate a few bites, but she couldn't help but stare at the others around the table. Both of her sisters were slender and slight; Golden Pearl had the best body of anypony Pinkie had seen; Applejack was lean and in-shape from working on the farm; and Twilight had a very healthy diet and a fast metabolism. And at that moment, Pinkie just felt like a bucket of butter. Flabby and icky.

And so, after dinner, Pinkie was in the bathroom washing up. She scrutinized herself in the mirror, inspecting every single piece of her body. Was that a bit of fat on her legs? Didn't her stomach look flabbier?

Before she knew what she was doing, Pinkie Pie grabbed her tooth brush. She pushed the end down her throat and vomited into the toilet. But not before Golden Pearl had opened the door and seen everything. And from that day, she never let Pinkie forget about what she saw, which was terrible, because the last thing Pinkie wanted to do was to remember.

"Pinkie Pie? You ok?"

Pinkie snapped back to reality. She looked at Fluttershy standing in the kitchen doorway. She then looked down at the smushed cupcake that she had been holding on her hoof.

"Yes, sorry," Pinkie said.

She quickly filled the plate up with cupcakes and followed Fluttershy out of the room, the memory fading away.