• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 3,769 Views, 159 Comments

Chibi Changeling - Yukito



Berry Pinch is a changeling that gives loves, instead of feeding off of it. Is she okay? Are the ponies around her okay?

  • ...
6
 159
 3,769

Changeling Hunter - Part 1

“You seem to be feeling better,” Rumble said as he observed Berry Pinch scoop a spoonful of ice-cream into her mouth, smiling as she did so. “Guess your fever’s gone now, huh?”

Berry Pinch nodded and swallowed the ice-cream in her mouth. “Yep! It lasted a little longer, thanks to grandma’s spell, but I woke up this morning full of energy!”

“On the down side, though, you’ve gotta take the test today,” Rumble said with a grin. “Even though the rest of the school has the day off while the schoolhouse is undergoing maintenance.”

Berry Pinch sank down into her seat, her smile falling into a frown. “Why did you have to bring that up? And why do I have to do the test today, of all days?”

Rumble shrugged. “Maybe Miss Cheerilee just thought it would be the easiest day to work with.”

“But… I was hoping that you and I… could have our first date today…”

“Ssh!” Rumble said, his eyes widening in fear. He quickly surveyed the area around them. “You never know when that crazy grandma of yours is listening in on us!” he whispered to the confused-looking filly.

Berry Pinch giggled. “There’s no need to worry about that,” she said. “Grandma said that she had something important to do, and took off early this morning.”

“… Is that so?” Rumble asked, a tinge of red crossing his face. ‘Then… we’re actually… alone together?’ He swallowed hard. ‘T-There are… no interruptions…

“W-What?” Berry Pinch asked Rumble, who had got caught up staring at her. She studied his face as it started to turn red, and her eyes wandered down to the colt’s lips… causing her own face to turn red in response. ‘O-Oh no! I didn’t even realise… we’re alone together!

The two foals simply stared at each other for a while, neither one saying anything or averting their gaze. They didn’t care how silly they looked, and didn’t even notice that somepony was calling out to them. Slowly, the two began to move circle the table that they were sitting at, moving closer to each other.

The sudden sound of chimes from the Ponyville clock tower snapped the two back to reality, and Berry Pinch quickly jumped out of her seat. “Oh no! I’ve only got fifteen minutes to get to Miss Cheerilee’s place!” The filly quickly picked up her saddlebags, and finished off her ice-cream in one go. “See you, Rumble!”

“Wait-” Berry Pinch turned on the spot, and was about to run out of the building, but stopped as she reached the door to press her hooves against her head, and let out a quiet moan. “… Brain freeze?”

Berry Pinch giggled and nodded slowly. “Y-Yeah…”

Rumble held his hoof up to his mouth as he snickered. “Idiot.”

Berry Pinch blew a raspberry, and then walked out of the store after the pain had subsided from her head. Rumble sighed as he watched her leave, and then turned his attention towards his milkshake.

“Rumble.” Rumble turned around upon hearing his name being called out, and was shocked to see Junior standing behind him. “Oh, good. I was beginning to think you had gone deaf.”

“J-JUNIOR?!” he shouted, jumping out of his seat and almost knocking his drink over. “W-What’s up?” he asked, trying not to look or sound panicked.

“Rumble, I need to talk to you about three days ago,” Junior said, narrowing his eyes as he approached the trembling colt. “You’ve been avoiding me since then, but I won’t let you anymore. I need to know the truth, Rumble.”

“The truth about what?”

“You know what.” Junior picked up a hoof, and placed it under Rumble’s chin. He then looked him straight in the eyes, preventing Rumble from moving away.

T-This is… just like that time with Berry Punch…

“You know a changeling, don’t you?”

Rumble’s blood froze momentarily, and he hesitated for a bit, before quickly answering: “Of course I don’t!”

“… You’re lying,” Junior said, glaring daggers at the colt. “Who is it? Where are they right now?”

Rumble shook his head. “I told you, I don’t-”

“Are they still within Ponyville?”

“I told you, I don’t know anything!” Rumble shouted, batting Junior’s hoof away and quickly turning around. “Leave me alone!”

“Wait!” Junior shouted, giving chase as Rumble fled the shop. “Rumble, you have to listen to me! The changelings are a threat to us all! I don’t know what your motives are for wanting to protect one, but they are just cold, unfeeling monsters, that have to be wiped out!”

Rumble grit his teeth in anger. He wanted to turn around, and tell Junior that he was wrong. Berry Pinch isn’t a monster, a neither is her family! ‘No! I have to keep running! I have to lose him, fast!

“Damnit Rumble! Think about your friends! Think about those you care for! Miss Berry Pinch, and Miss Archer! And you have a brother, right?! Think about them! If you let this monster do as it wants, then-”

“That’s enough!” Rumble shouted. He couldn’t take it anymore. He stopped in his tracks, and turned around to confront Junior, who also stopped as he did. “You’re wrong, Junior! She’s not a monster! And I won’t let you harm her!”

“… So you admit it,” Junior said, taking a step towards Rumble. “You admit that you know the changeling in this town… and that you’re defending her.”

“… That’s right! I am! Because I-”

A scream in the distance cut Rumble off, and the two colts turned to face the direction that it had come from. “That voice,” Junior said. “… Miss Berry Pinch?”


In a clearing in the Everfree Forest, Crunch Berry was lying against a tree, casting magic onto a shallow wound on her left foreleg. “That should take care of that… Now I need to get out of here…”

The pink mare stood up, and scanned her surroundings, before cautiously poking her head out from behind the tree. She pulled it back immediately, narrowly missing the dagger that was flying her way. “You can’t hide forever, monster.”

Crunch Berry cursed under her breath as she heard hoofsteps approaching, and gathered some energy into her horn. “My son may only be an amateur, but I am a professional. Against me, there’s nothing you can do.”

“… You really think you’ve got what it takes ta kill me, Blueblood dear?”

“I almost did, the last time we met. This time, I won’t make such a foolish mistake.”

Crunch Berry grinned, and jumped out with her horn glowing bright. “That was a long time ago, deary! I’ve learned quite a few new tricks since then!” A bright green light filled the area, allowing Crunch Berry a chance to take flight and dash past the stallion Prince before her. “Later, Bluey!”

“I don’t think so!” Blueblood shouted, his own horn lighting up as he turned around to face the retreating changeling. The ground suddenly began to shake, and a beam of light shot up from beneath Crunch Berry, stopping her as she flew.

“W-What the hell?!”

I’ve been practicing too, Crunch Berry,” Blueblood said, walking up to the changeling that now could no longer move. “That makes two. Now, I just need to capture the third one.”

“Two?! You mean-” Crunch Berry gasped when she saw the youngling sitting beneath a nearby tree, tied up by some rope. “BERRY PINCH!”

“She’s not dead. Yet.” Blueblood pulled out his long sword with his magic, and pointed it at the trapped changeling. “I intend to use her to draw out her mother. Despite being monsters, you still seem to value family more than anything. You, on the other hoof, can die right here and now!”

“STOOOOOP!”