• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 749 Views, 24 Comments

The Traveling Pony - screenaholic



A new pony wanders into town, with stories of his travels. All of the ponies are fascinated by his tales, and find him to be one of the happiest most easy-going ponies they've met. But one pony suspects there is more to him than what he shows.

  • ...
1
 24
 749

Prologue

“It’s quite a beautiful day, isn’t it Spike?” The purple unicorn bounced through Ponyville admiring the wonderful weather.

“Sure is Twilight,” The baby dragon riding on her back responded. “We should go down to the lake and take a dip. Oh, or we could go to the park and cloud gaze! OH, or we could-”

“Spike, don’t be silly. You know what today is,” Twilight said with a chuckle.

The baby dragon sighed and slouched down on Twilight’s back. “ Re-shelving day.”

“That’s right. We can’t possibly ignore that just for some pretty weather. We’ll just have to enjoy it through the window while we work,” She turned to look at Spike with a smile.

“But Twilight it’s so nice today. We can always re-shelve another day. Let’s go hang out with some of the girls. Look, there’s Rainbow Dash now.”

Twilight faced back forward to see Rainbow Dash was indeed flying in their direction rather fast. “Oh hey Rainbow Dash,” she said loud enough to get her attention. “What’s up?”

Rainbow Dash stopped in front of Twilight. “Oh hey there Twilight, I didn't see you.”

“Where are you going, you look like you’re in a hurry.”

“I’m going over to Sugarcube Corner. Somepony wandered into town and Pinkie‘s throwing him a party. He’s supposed to be really cool, they say he’s traveled all across Equestria. You should come too.”

“I would love to, but Spike and I are busy.”

“Suit yourself. See ya’”

The pegasus flew off and Spike turned to Twilight.

“Come one Twilight, it’s a party. A Pinkie party! Let’s go!”

“Come now Spike, a Pinkie party is hardly a rare occurrence.”

“Yeah, but a new pony is! Don’t you want to meet him?”

Twilight paused for a second, and thought it over. “Well Rainbow Dash did say that he’s traveled a lot, it might be interesting to hear what he’s learned.”

“There you go Twilight, I bet he’s like a talking book of great stories. Now let’s go!”

“Alright, alright. We’ll go.”

“Yes!” The dragon cheered in victory, throwing his claws in the air. Twilight gave a small laugh and a smile at her friend’s excitement and turned around, trotting off towards Sugarcube Corner.