• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 1,015 Views, 46 Comments

Post-Reception Stories - sister_mike



A collection of stories to explore the lives of the ponies after Chrysalis is defeated

  • ...
2
 46
 1,015

Opening

Opening

The destruction caused by the changelings was overwhelming. Many ponies lost family, friends, and good neighbours. Not all those who had been captured in cocoons could be saved. Some ponies had lost too much energy and could not be revived. But thankfully, the majority of the ponies trapped within the pods were saved.

The first act of order was to free Canterlot. With Equestria's capital city running again, the nation could slowly move on and move forward. The next order of business was to free the rest of the ponies of Equestria. This task fell upon the princesses, and their unicorn guards. Within a week, all of those who could be saved were revived.

The second task was to bury and respect the dead. This happened a week after the ponies had been revived. The names of those who had passed on, or those who were presumed dead, were recorded. Each princess would make an appearance at a town or city's community burial. The first burial was in Canterlot. The second burial was in Ponyville. All three princesses attended.

Many familiar faces were mourned: Granny Smith, little Scootaloo, Zecora, to name a few. A new memorial site was found in Ponyville, and the plans for a grade mausoleum was created. The names were on a list, ready to be carved into the great structure once it was built.

The whole town attended the ceremony. Families clung together, friends cried on each other's shoulders. Some didn't show any emotion at all. The pain was too great.

Towns were rebuilt after the ceremonies of respect for the deceased. Everyone worked together. After what they had been through, there was no reason to bicker among one another. No reason for silly quarrels.

The only thing left to do was to just... live on. Move on. And thank the sun and moon every day, that they were still alive.

This is a look at what happened after the changeling war. A peek into the lives of the ponies who had fought during the battle, who had been trapped in cocoons, and who had suffered great losses from the changeling invasion.

This was their new life.

Author's Note:

Another note to read before continuing on to the stories:
Some of the stories may overlap, so there may be times when a character mentions something that just happened, but you haven't officially read about it yet, or some things that only happen in the background. So please, wait and see how the other stories progress, and hold questions of "Well, when did this happen?" off until a few more short stories are posted, because some of them might answer your questions.
I also realize this might be potential for some spoilers of the short stories, but not all details will be provided in mentions of other things happening in the town at the time.